What legal steps can you take to get back money from a cleaned out joint account?

what legal steps can you take to get back money from a cleaned out joint account?

Completely depends on your location, circumstances and local law. Contact a professional.

amerikkka
joint bank account (just a regular ol account)
and im not hiring a "professional"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi OP I worked at a bank and many people came in wondering the same thing. The truth is you can't do anything. You both signed for the account, therefore the money in the account belongs to both of you, there is no "oh we both own half, or I own three-quarters and the other owns one-quarter"

so go over to the person's house and break their legs until they write you a check for the funds.

pls no bully

>falling for the relationship meme
a 2d woman would never steal from you user

Odds are there isn't much you can do. Consider it an expensive lesson on never allowing anyone to share access to your account. If the SO insists, you can always open a seperate shared account where you can determine how much you want to keep in there.

SENPAI member

Lol nope, the money was legally theirs.

It's gone OP. I just hope you learn from this and never make this mistake again. How much you out?

The joint account was in BOTH of your names. The money is legally both of yours, and the other party walking away with it is perfectly legal. Unless I am missing something in your situation, you're fucked.

Since you all are technically married/together/whatever, can you play ball? Is there a car in both of your names you can Reverse Cowgirl? You need to find some ammunition or something. Dirty photos, a buisness you can ruin, something.

Hahahahaha
How much did she spend on lingerie and dinner with Tyrone?

oh shit that sux bro

one does not marry his sister
unless his name is cletus
then it depends when cletus was born

Sorry bro...

But you helped sign up for the system that fucks men on a daily basis.

why the fuck did you have 25k just sitting in the bank?

wtf user

it was supposed to help out a famalamba member in that i could track their spending if it got out of hand and i could move the money to a different account id have to open up just to do

what?

is there really nothing i can do D:

"I wanted to track their spending because I was unsure whether I could trust them or not, so I gave them the ability to take $25,000 from me."

What the fuck.

Lmao. You are dumb. Never lend money to friends, family and fools.

I thought they were trust worthy...
there's really nothing i can do? like civil court or something?

Fffffuuuu. It only cost me 1.5K to learn the same lesson.

For that kind of money it's probably worth the hour it will cost you to ask an attorney.

aye that only cost me 6k but yeah shit gets out of hand. Even really successful people can be horrible with money. A good way to tell is when they're blow hards about money and have none.

you could try saving more pics from /r9k/, I'm sure that'll help

Get a lawyer

We're gonna need the full story if you want advice OP

>famalam: "hi, Im bad with money"
>OP: "ok, heres $25k"
Why

you have to teach her a lesson

we told you about marriage bro

we told you

but no, you said "i am not a manchild, you just gotta choose the right woman bro"

don't say we didn't fucking tell you

How did the 25k get into the account?
What was the account being used for?

And like a pussy, you sit back n' watch it happen.

You're not better than OP - just still a raging faggot.