CONICO LTD

CNJ - Conico Ltd.

You can't make high quality lithium-ion batteries without cobalt and
Mt. Thirsty is the 4th largest cobalt resource in the world, GET ON IT NOW !!! before the break-out.

youtube.com/watch?v=f9l2BTH2ghs

bumo

Shhhhhhh, stop shilling it until I've had a chance to buy in. Still waiting on a transfer into my CommSec acct.

What are the alternative companies/mines?

I've read that a sizable quantity of cobalt can be reclaimed from existing batteries. Will this become a key factor once the first few generations of Li-Ion batteries are disposed of?

Are you asking your self how you knew? I don't understand..

I think this could be a good idea OP, but I can give some advice for you guys based on my previous experience buying GGG (Greenland Minerals and Energy) on the ASX.

They were likewise all hype. A previous company had found a massive stockpile of rare earths somewhere in Indonesia, and their stock price had soared 2000% (no shit). This company looked as though something similar was going to happen. It was an obscure speculative buy, with few news articles. But it held the largest Rare Earth deposits outside of China. They also held massive Uranium supplies. Both in Greenland.

Only problem was, the Greenland parliament didn't want them mining because uranium would have been a necessary byproduct, which laws in Greenland prohibit from being mined. But, that wasn't much of a problem. Waited until they passed a law allowing the mining to continue.

And the stock price crashed. Why? Fuck knows. But I do know there is more going on with these sorts of materials than meets the eye. Realpolitik plays a big part, and China likes to tank shit whenever it can if it means they won't hold the monopoly on this shit. For example, when the news was announced the American stock price for the company soared. When the Australian markets later opened, it tanked, and the American stock price followed the next day. I still try to wrap my head around it. It made absolutely no sense, and others were really confused too.

tl;dr -- I would suggest to others, on experience, that this company is still highly speculative, regardless of how good you think the returns are going to be.

What happened to that Galaxy shit that used to be on here all the time?

It's very slow moving - share price around 50c, was 30-35c during the peak of the shilling so decent gains in the end.

Not sure why you would buy into companies with already several million market caps. Gold specs and producers like MOY and AQI have made more gains in a week off no news.

Appreciate the insight,

This my biggest worry at the moment, that hype derails the whole thing. I'd rather like to avoid the whole crypto-esque experience.

It does seem like a decent growth sector and I'd be be in for the long haul unless it became obviously overvalued.

The joint BAR/CNJ ownership for the Mt. Thirsty mine could be a good thing. Neither of them seem to have starting extracting from any of their projects so there really isn't much to go on in seeing how they'll go

This may be my first actual stock trade, so I'm trying to get into the discipline of doing things right.

It would be good to invest in it, as long as you're not putting in too much. What I didn't realise (GGG was my first stock, fresh out of high school lel) is that companies like this can really, really tank. I'm not talking about 10-30% drop, but a 90% drop very quickly.

It makes me more careful about investing in the future. There is a bias in human predictions. Things rarely go as well as you think they're going to go.

But hey, chuck in $400 and see what happens. It's a learning experience.

>What I didn't realise (GGG was my first stock, fresh out of high school lel) is that companies like this can really, really tank. I'm not talking about 10-30% drop, but a 90% drop very quickly.

Of course, however Conico Ltd. is still in diapers, the share price is still under their book value. In a worst case scenario it will drop to 0,03 AUD.

>Gold specs and producers like MOY and AQI have made more gains in a week off no news.

Every "crisis" is a news to buy more gold. If the "crisis" happens however we are fucked collectively as a human race, if not the price will fall down on 2015 levels.

Yeah, sure, but a quick look on Google Finance shows that it's already tanked that much before. By all means take the risk if you want to. I'm just saying that things can always go from bad to worse.

Sounds like it could be a good run, otherwise I could keep close tabs on it and buy in closer to them opening the mining provided it hasn't already shot up by then.

This seems to be the issue with fledgling companies, I'll certainly take up some shares in Barrick Gold though. I can't see anyway in which the EU debacle can be solved without a great deal of panic, Soros is already a 25% ABX holder too.

Don't get too spooked by the whole crisis thing, it'll be a big thing that puts the century in the history books but civilization will continue and so too will the potential for a profit.

Interesting about Soros. But do remember that he in all likelihood has a vastly diversified portfolio. Just because some big investors have thrown $10,000,000 into something, doesn't necessarily mean they even imagine that it's going to go up in price. That stock is probably only 0.1% of their portfolio. Water off their backs, in other words.

Instead, most of their portfolio will be property, bonds, bluechips, angel investments etc. They're not all in on the speculatives like so many amateur investors with high hopes are.

Plus, tons of other people will be thinking the same thing. 'Oh shit, Soros is invested, it must be good!'

That will hype the share price accordingly, and could make you worse off if it does end up tanking, since its value is thus less 'objective' (if there ever can be such a thing).

True, I'll have to look at some of the other miners stock too. Soros has a huge portfolio but he seems to be pretty heavy in gold, but whether its just an interim as he has stated a lack of confidence in the US market. The guy has pretty well made it all through short trading. I just finished a book on it but don't think I'll get into it just yet, really needs leverage to work and strong risk mitigation.

Thanks for chipping in, it's nice to hear something on this board that isn't shitcoins. Not to write them of totally, I was up by 7000AUD the other night but woke up to find it all shitted up, dumped a bunch leaving my marginally above break-even. They just have no intrinsic value is all, unless they can be used as a currency.

How did you learn to trade? I'm down in Melbourne to try and finish my CPL but have ended up sucking winters icy dick with nothing to do but chill in the local library and read stuff.

I didn't learn to trade lel. I'm just offering a counterpoint to all the 'buy buy buy' folks on here. I just miserably failed with a few of my investments straight off the bad a few years back, so can offer, I think, a few words of caution. But the market isn't rational, I find, so I could be totally wrong with everything.

People react in strange and unpredictable ways.

ah, no probs. Yeah, I can see how hype can get the better of us. I just need to find something where the longer trend isn't totally obscured by something resembling a chorus of 'trumpcointrumpcoinTRUMPCOIN!'

>I'm just saying that things can always go from bad to worse.

welcome to adulthood user

>GET ON IT NOW !!! before the break-out.

25% rise since OP posted this. OP knows something we don't. OP what do you know ?!?

Impressive, anything haussed here is usually a surefire way of knowing it's going to tank.

>anything haussed here is usually a surefire way of knowing it's going to tank.

GXY took off since april, and CNJ was shilled here as well since april, now it is 150% up since then. spilling tickers on Veeky Forums means shit, if you don't look it up yourself.

Formation Metals - has a big Idaho property next to Tesla.

FCO.TO