What are some historical theories and mysteries that can't or will likely never be solved?

What are some historical theories and mysteries that can't or will likely never be solved?

(for example, the princes in the tower)

bump

The location of the Tomb of Alexander the Great

The Roanoke Colony incident

Black Dahlia murder

Zodiac Murder

Mary Celeste

The abandonment of Teotihuacan

Weren't they murdered by Richard III?

The identity of Baron von Ungern-Sternberg's heir.

The location of Hitler's remains.

The location/true nature of the Holy Grail.

Probably.

There are a lot of theories where the historical consensus has to boil down to: "this is probably the truth, we can't prove it completely, but it's highly unlikely that this didn't happen."

It's a similar case with the son of Louis XVI. We can't technically prove he died in captivity, but because multiple people who attended to him admitted that he saw his dead body and/or had no reason to believe the boy was 'switched,' the heart which was passed down as his contains the matriarchal Hapsburg DNA, and every pretender who claimed to be him was proven to be false, it's extremely likely he died in captivity.

None. All will be known user.

See, perception is an electrochemical system, and relies upon the collapsing of wave functions on a quantum level.

The state of all collapsed wave functions can be represented as a closed system of digital information when limited by a given temporal framework.

This information is stored through the remnant quantum interaction of binary pairs across the universe, and can be accessed upon our physical death when we cease to be a separate identity and merge with the extradimensional state of superintelligence.

Thus, every human life is stored as an ego-tube of information as represented by all wave functions of biochemical quantum states as collapsed by the act of conscious observation, and the sum total of these ego tubes is what the Theosophists are referring to through the concept of the Akashic Record (srsly, look it up).

Therefore, from outside the closed system of all spacetime, all information will be known, and every secret ever kept will be available, including all consequences and phenomenological effects of their being kept or leaked.

There is a bonus possibility if you choose to stay alive after knowing this that you may be around to see the moment of posthuman singularity when we trigger the events which simultaneously end and begin our universe, to occur most likely somewhere around 2040. So take those vitamins!

>inb4 shill for Kurtzweil

Tomb of Genghis Khan. In theory it could be found, it likely never will be.

Pretty much. But on a Mac.

Dead, killed by Rich III
Alexandria.
Natives abducted the women and killed the men, mtDNA proves this
Some random serial killer
^
I read about this but I can't remember now; they abandoned it for some reason then they drowned
Drought or some other natural occurrence I'm assuming
Who cares?
Incinerated by the Russkies
Arthurian myth that was conflated with legitimate canon

>Natives abducted the women and killed the men, mtDNA proves this
proofs?

Also, it could be entirely true for all you know.

No...no it couldn't.

Lolwut? How would you even prove that there is no way it could be true? You may not believe it, but it's not logically inconsistent as a framework for the human experience.

The Mary Celeste if I remember correctly could be explained by the highly flammable cargo they were shipping leaked and filled the hold with gas, which after some time reached a flash point and made a loud bang and would have flung the hold doors open. Traces found of light scorching and burning odors in the hold along with one or more barrels of ethanol or whatever it was being empty without being properly opened, suggesting a leak. The only items taken from the ship were essential navigation equipment, and at the back of a ship a rope with a frayed end was dragging in the water, tied to the ship. It was thought that the crew thought the ship was going to sink and as a precaution all got into the single lifeboat and tied it to the ship in case it was a false alarm. The rope was not cut, but torn, so it was assumed the rope broke on its own and the crew and the captain's family were left behind as the ship sailed away. They probably died.

This is all off off the top of my head from stuff I think I heard so don't hold me for it.

While he is talking out his arse you can't say that crazy shit like that had no chance of occurring around that time, people in 1916 could never had predicted that by the 1950's they would be creating suns on Earth and launching technology into space. There's no way for us to predict whether or not another event or more could lead to similar technological leaps as to those that occurred after WW2.

Thank you... and it's not even actually all that entirely arse-genic. I'm not even saying that any prior generations of humans could possibly know they were being recorded by a superintelligence - it may have just manifested in the idea of god always watching, or Iyatiku the Spider Mother spinning us into our web... hell, it's all a metaphor, after all, but the framework of digitality is a particularly useful one.

prove they were killed by Richard III

Well I doubt two healthy and hale children would suddenly die, conveniently one after the other. In situations like these, you have to ask yourself, cui bono?

No one else cares probably but I would really like to know what species of shark or sharks was responsible for the Jersey shore shark attacks of 1916.

I'd also like to know what the Beast of Gevaudan was. I'd be pretty disappointed if it really was just a big wolf or wolves.

>prove they were killed by Richard III
He had every reason to no longer want them around.
>Even when he was loosing support because of the rumour that he killed his brothers children, he never produced them to prove his innocence.
If they died naturally as was reasonably common for the young at the time he would have made their illness public knowledge.

No one can prove anything but its the most likely solution.

I've heard it was a hyena that escaped the royal menagerie

I like the hyena theory a lot.

I also like the wolf-dog hybrid trained to kill theory. Some guy wrote a book about it but I don't think it was ever translated into English and I don't speak French.

The man in the iron mask

this... the area you'd have to survey with equipment is just too big for anyone to do it...

It's not too big, IIRC it's mentioned that the burial ground is located near a certain named river, so you just search by the banks

If I recall correctly, the definition of "near" in that case is very vague because they "moved" the river for his tomb (probably dammed it or something)

Can't you see where the river was shifted by sedimentary soil or something like that?

I mean, it'd take a shitload of resources, men and money, but if you do indeed find it the tourism angle would be out of control