Im curious to know more about Satanism. Ive read The Holy Bible ( New/Old Testament and King James Version...

Im curious to know more about Satanism. Ive read The Holy Bible ( New/Old Testament and King James Version. Also the Book of Mormon. Why do people convert to Satanism? It sounds good until you get to the end of the Satanic Bible and then it doesnt sound so good. Im very curious to know all i can learn from Veeky Forums about this to be able to build my knowledge of religion in society. I figured this would be the best place to post this since so many of you are well read in religious text.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keillers_Park_murder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just delete this thread and head on over to . This is their bread and butter.

But i thought this board was for religion?? Not supernatural.

What type of Satanism are you inquiring about?

Levayean Satanism is just atheism with rules and ritual.

This board is for history. Le edgy satanism isn't really relevant

It's a religious containment board.

The Satanic bible doesn't promote a literal belief in Satan anyway.

Satanism is, largely, an ahistorical movement. The image you posted is from Stanton's Church of Satan.

If you're interested in that particular iteration fo the practices, read The Satanic Bible as well as Michael Aquino's Church of Satan history.

I've seen and had a large number of alt-religion threads here deleted, even when presenting historical source texts and academic analyses thereof.

I am aware. The Temple of Set however, founded in 1975 by Aquino, does.

The OP you told to go to /x/ didn't mention the Temple of Set.

I dont quite get the motive of Satanism. It's either worshiping a figure doomed to defeat in the religious text he originated from, or Satan just being a loose personification of an idea, in which case there's not much point in tying a name to it belonging to another figure.

I actually like the Temple of Set.
Aquino's military discipline piled on top of his academic credentials serve as a very strong backbone to the system.
It's well structured, the reading lists are relevant and well vetted, and their encouragement of free experimentation is refreshing.

The scroll newsletters are great, by the way, and have Aquino's only quasi-public response to the Presidio controversy.

>It's either worshiping a figure doomed to defeat in the religious text he originated from
Because nobody's spun a narrative differently before? The Mandaean angel of Logos became one of the most dangerous and evil entities in the Agrippan tradition with almost no intermediary period.

>or loose personification
Like any other godform ever? Including YHVH, god of war and rainbows?

>nobody's spun a narrative differentlyh before?
There's spinning a narrative differently, and then there's fanfiction turning your favorite villain into the hero in spite of the original canon.

>any other godform ever?
Granted, this is true, but it's still a bit m,uch to tie an actual character to a loose personification where the original character had hiis own story.

>There's spinning a narrative differently, and then there's fanfiction turning your favorite villain into the hero in spite of the original canon.
If we're going by "original canon" then it's vague enough to essentially fill the gaps yourself, leaving lots of room for various hypostates of the Opposer. I can't speak for all Luciferianism or Theistic Satanism, but I have seen folks who draw actual distinctions between the Beast, the Antichrist, Lucifer, Lumiel, The Dragon, and Satan proper.

Also, in the context of the Temple of Set, despite self applying the label, they can hardly be called Satanists by most other factions; they approach their praxes from the assumption that the middle-late biblical standard for the Opposer was Set.

And that's what I'm getting at w/r/t hypostates - Satan as the loser at the end of days may not be the same as Satan in Job or even Satan as a designating category for the leaders of Semyaza's sedition.

I'd just like to clarify something. The "Satanism" religion is actually just atheism which uses "satanic themes" to take the piss out of religion and have a bit of fun. There is no worshiping of anything going on. At most, there is a vague philosophy encouraged (an edgy Nietzschean/Nihilist/Hedonist kind of thing) but that's about it.

>The "Satanism" religion is actually just atheism
Except that's ignoring:
>Modern reconstructive efforts rooted in speculations between the Confession of Urbain Grandier and Grimorium Verum
>O9A
>ToS
>Order of Phosphorous
>Dragon Rouge
>Current 218
>Temple ov Blood
And probably a dozen other smaller groups it's not worth it to mention.

I mean, it's great that people understand the modern revival's rooted in Stanton's secular sort of approach to ritual, but it's not like the revival ended there.

Isn't it universally accepted that those guys are faggots/charlatans?

?
They're exactly as faggy and charlatanous as the secular Church of Satan.

Of the above list, O9A, Dragon Rouge, and ToS get written about academically.

That said, the only groups that appear to be inside the bounds of the timeline cutoff for the board are CoS, ToS, and O9A, everything else flowed out of the mid 90's.

>satanism
YOU'LL COWARDS DONT EVEN ACHIEVE GNOSIS

Yes, completely. Crowley for instance created thelema specifically to have an outlet for his faggotry in his prudish era, and the concept of satanism in general is such a thinly-veiled reaction to christianity it's not even worthwhile

Why would you recommend mid-stream drivel to people interested in the occult and not the source-material from which later esoteric thoughts ultimately derive, like the more roundly significant Hellenic mystery rites and passages of the Gita, or Hebrew scriptures? Would you recommend Joyce to someone learning phonics?

Satanism really isn't a thing at all.

The people who claim to be are either edgelord atheists, or they are gangs that consist of 50 people who drink and do drugs and think they're cool pretending to be evil.

But Crowley isn't a Satanist; you can fit all of his commentary on Satan onto a page, maybe two.

I'm answering a question, of which I have knowledge and background in. I didn't see a thread on Rites of Eleusis on here, but all that shit's in my mega along with everything else we're talking about.

Or there's just as much variation in this group as any other; ToS is almost entirely professionals.

>Or there's just as much variation in this group as any other; ToS is almost entirely professionals.

And how can you possibly know that? Are you a member?

Nope but I've considered joining, know a healthy number of members, and if you read through the grade papers in my library you'll see that to get into the second degree you've got to have your life together in some capacity; degree with publication requirements and subsequent career, most commonly.

Well I know at least that the old MLO/TotBL/Current218 guys are a bunch of edgelord retards who murder people.

I highly doubt that Current 218 murders folks but I dunno, some of those ToB guys wear SERE patches and talk about infiltrating both sides of Middle Eastern conflicts, so there's that.

Last I checked the most prominent faction of O9A was led by a female street ganger of Filipino descent.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keillers_Park_murder

That appears to be well before they got their doctrines together.

To my eye there's a huge difference between the early iterations of their philosophies and what came afterward in their synchretism of traditional craft and klifot.

In this case I buy that MLO were up to something fucky. Current 218 literature seems to have leaned off the O9A styled irl transgressionism and more toward hermenuetics.

I just get why anyone would have anything to do with it.

I mean, if you have problems with organized religion in general, and the outlook of those religions, why the fuck would you turn to a cult, that's essentially a refined and more batshit version of what already exists in the mainstream.

Nobody says you have to associate with anyone.
The vast majority of these materials are posted online at this point.

If you don't understand why then you don't understand; nothing says you NEED to...some people just like making war on the Crown I guess.

In terms of shit like Temple of Set, it tends to be a matter of personal experience working with the praxes. I imagine this tends to be the same across all factions.