Rise of right wing populism

I know this looks as a bait thread but I'm genuinely curious.

Why does baby boomers and edgy teens feel oppressed by anyone who's different? Why does millenials feel like the world owes them everything? Why does it annoy right wings?

Why does both right and left have to be so retardedly radical?

Are most voters literraly too retarded to make decisions based on facts rather than populistic ideologies?

Why can't we have balance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTROCGb5qj8
counter-currents.com/2015/12/wotan-as-archetype-the-carl-jung-essay/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/08/24/what-americans-want-to-do-about-illegal-immigration/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We do have a balance of tension in society keeping the people distracted with bullshit that doesn't matter. (politics)

>bullshit that doesn't matter. (politics)

Politics should be the only form of news. Everything else is useless cancer. Unfortunately pretty much every form of news now is pleb bait.

I tried being a journalist only to discover I fucking hate journalists.

The West is going through an existential crisis at the moment both religion and progress are dying or dead already, and has just experienced fast cultural changes in the last decades so this kind of radicalization is to be expected imo

Centrism is a stupid meme OP. But regardless, most voters are actually fairly moderate on most issues. Take abortion; there are few Americans who believe abortion should be legal in the third trimester, and there are also few Americans who think it should be illegal in cases where the mother's life is at risk.

You can't fight countless generations of biological development, without fighting society itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=VTROCGb5qj8

Centrism only exists because the discussion has been rigged to fall on a sliding, one-directional scale.

In reality centrism is often a collection of decentralized views based on individual issues or individual aspects of an issue. But because it does not fall in either of the marketable poles, it's shoved into irrelevancy with the same rhetoric that is used on agnostics and "lukewarm christians"; basically some bullshit an asshole wants to use so that he can leverage you into taking his side or being his strawman.

Kill yourself.

>/pol/ not invited
>posts a thread that has no business on Veeky Forums but belongs on /pol/

This, OP doesn't realize his thread is just a mirror of "why are there so many leftists on Veeky Forums, why isn't it exactly like my /pol/ alt-right safe space." He's just encouraging shit-flinging.

this desu

Right wing has historically been based on fact while Left Wing has played to people's emotions, identity politics, and attempt at Utilitarianism.
>"What? You're against welfare? Do you want poor people to just starve to death or something???!"

Read Jung.

>Within this wider association of the individual there are layers of inherited ancestral experience passed on through millennia; deposited in the individual’s personal unconscious, which is itself a part of the collective unconscious, the reoccurring motifs becoming protosymbols or archetypes. The psyche is like a storehouse or memories not only pertaining to one’s own experiences but also to the collective experiences of one’s forebears, embracing the wider sense of the race and culture, and ultimately the history of a more universal memory at its most elemental, universal level. The layers of the psyche might be seen as analogous to the layers of the human brain, which is a physiological record of cerebral evolution that includes the most primal, the limbic system and the central core, and the most recent, the cerebral cortex.

Why do leftists and statists automatically resort to violence when confronted by facts?

The gulags, the Holocaust, famines caused by Mao, statist South American death squads, Nazi euthanasia, etc. Leftist statists will kill anyone who disagrees with them, i.e. the "other". Vile behavior perpetrated by those with no godly morals. This is why Trump needs to win. Only through Trump can America be restored to a God-fearing, homogeneous society.

One President

One Race

My dear leader Trump, my honor is loyalty!

>According to Jung, the ‘Gods, Demons and Illusions’ are names for the inherited inhabitants of the psyche, individually and collectively:

>…they exist and function and are born anew with every generation. They have an enormous influence on individual as well as collective life and despite their familiarity they are curiously non-human. This latter characteristic is the reason why they are called Gods and Demons in the past and why they are understood in our ‘scientific’ age as the psychical manifestations of the instincts, in as much as they represent habitual and universally occurring attitudes and thought forms. They are the basic forms, but not the manifest, personified or otherwise concretised images. They have a high degree of autonomy, which does not disappear, when the manifest images change

src:
counter-currents.com/2015/12/wotan-as-archetype-the-carl-jung-essay/

>tfw non populist natcap/libcap is going to die because of all the immigrants voting for populism

People of our generation were raised to believe that they're special only to realize that there are more humans alive now than there were ever before and our significance lessens with every passing minute. Fight Club is a perfect example of this, although it's pretty cliche.

I think young radicals on both the left and right are a sign of the times, that something is wrong with Western society at its very roots. And I agree. I went to college wondering why people were so concerned about LGBT rights when their financial futures were being ripped away from them. People are beginning to see past the bullshit we're fed everyday and I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that aside from the potential for it to spiral into actual violence.

OP here. I posted here simply because Veeky Forums is slightly less retarded version of /pol/.

What you don't realize is that I hate both sides. I hate stupid plebs who imagine that all powerful and perfect leaders will fix everything. It's not polticians' duty to decide what's right and wrong .Politicians are merely reflection of their voters. Their duty is only to represent their voter's opinion.

Is it so harh to understand that no fucking ideology will solve your problems? Every issue needs to be discussed seperately because of ever different circumstances.

Also, Im drunk.

Sounds like the best description of the problem of the left/right false dichotomy I've seen in a while.

OP here. My point exactly.

amazingly put

oh baby say it louder

I would be careful with this Jung fellow. He is a bit of a druggie and most if not all debunked like his pal "Freud the Cocaineman".

>Why do leftists and statists automatically resort to violence when confronted by facts?

Why are you asking loaded questions featuring strawmen?

Because the state has betrayed its people.

The state is only it's people.

One can make sense of his line of rhetoric though. He is trying to see the supernatural superstitions of the past through the lens of contemporary science. I can make sense of his superstitions through contemporary science, too. While his understanding of neuroscience and biology are a bit off, he's right in that We personify instincts within ourselves and aspects of our realities as supernatural beings whom we pledge allegiance to and use to justify our behaviors.

That's what Gods, demons and illusions are.

Did something good? Your God told you to. He's the voice in your head who agrees with everything you do because you do what he tells you to.

Did something bad? You're possessed by a demon, and it's not your fault. He's the voice in your head that's always wrong because anything he says turns out to be wrong.

Illusions, the above, in general.

Greenface's rhetoric is cute but transparent to anyone who isn't already convinced by it.

In short: Ineffective, mediocre, broad, stupid.

>The state is only it's people.
Not when it works against them.Massive inmigration was thrown against the will of most people through a pact of the right and the left.

>anyone who isn't already convinced by it.
Only psycopaths want to destroy their kin,their culture and heritage.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/08/24/what-americans-want-to-do-about-illegal-immigration/

This.

America has no culture.Besides a gazelle doesnt realize the presence of a lion,until it jumps.Inmigration is just a horse of troy,to make labour cheaper and fracture society and alienate it through ghettification,as it happens in the US

This entire topic is more relevant on mate.

But I'll throw you a bone.

Baby boomers are from a previous generation in which Conservative and Religious values were wide spread. However, they as well can be seen more as progressives and mildly liberal due to the moral break down of society in the 60s, 70s.

And though they are not wholly belonging to one ideology, a large chunk of the baby boomers are still conservative, pining for the days when the U.S was literally the world power and economic leader. It is not wrong to be nostalgic now.

Edgy teenagers, are a bit of a blanket term. Do you mean /pol/? If yes, then you're getting some details wrong. Where they are concerned, on many points they are right. On their board there exists no political, religious, or sexual moderation of the posts. And thus when you see posts that would ostracise you on any social media account, to them it's the ultimate exercising of free speech.

Continuing this note, understand with such free dialogue, much political and social talk will be had about the world and past society. And with the massive normalization of internet and social media, /pol/ is no longer heavily populated by kids and young teens. So, when you say edgy teenagers, it no longer applies.

Why do the above groups feel oppressed? Because as stated, the world is changing. For good or bad, (I believe bad) we are becoming a more liberal and global nation. The baby boomers see this as a great destruction of the values and morality in which they once knew, and the "teenagers" are discussing why they see this change as negative.

what EXACTLY is wrong with populism?

just like with the Elves in The Lord of the Rings, the age of the White Man has ended

Yeah, but it's disingenuous to say that it's against the will of the people.

Americans are fucking stupid.

It implies that candidates are crafting their policies for PR purposes rather than effectiveness.

>why does

>it's against the will of the people.
People dont know what they want,and in some cases they have no clue of what they are doing.You are failing for the individualist meme.If children had the right to choose their meals they would just eat candy,that is why they dont chose their meals.The same goes with most people.

>what EXACTLY is wrong with populism?

It is inherently counterfactual and destructive to society. "Populism" does not mean simply appealing to a broad base, it means attacking those high up. It is about flattering the ignorant by telling them the experts are frauds, flattering the poor by telling them the rich are crooks, flattering the irrationally fearful by telling them their fears are justified.

And they haven't been doing that already?

Did anyone vote for Obama so he could continue the work of the NSA or destabilize Syria? No. They wanted a greater social safety net and "change".

It's all an emotional game meant to capitalize on the desires and fears of the populace.

Farmers and Miners can go fuck themselves, we will not hurt the Trusts and Corporations which built this nation.

t. Capitalist

You see, if that's the case, then Obama is a populist.

Unless you live in 18th century feudal Europe where elite can be seen as oppressors, populism is basically pleb bait.

He very much was. That's why Trump and Bernie's voter bases are compared to his.

Partly, yes. But it doesn't even come close to trump level.

Thanks.

Centrism explained in two lines:

"A friend to all is a friend to none"

And

"Jack of all trades; master of none"

Dialects
/thread

I tend to think of Obama as being a Nixon figure.

Good at PR and manipulation, but a cold, intellectual personality in real life.

This is one reason he had a lot of problems communicating with the American people after the first wave of Hope and Change wore off.

Oh yeah, have this cute picture I found off the internet last night; I think it's cute- Do you?~

It's a shame PR has to exist. Can you imagine how much more effective politics would be if it didn't?

no

That's not really true, centrism has become it's own pole in a way.

I also think it's a much more attractive pole than left or right because its not full of ressentiment and butthurt

>A friend to all is a friend to none
And it's a perfect system becuase politicians would have to rely on relistic problem solutions rather than baiting plebs for support.
>Jack of all trades; master of none
Shit tier example. With centralism you could have more actual experts in government. Not PR and baiting pros like a certain emperor of Veeky Forums...

But some issues are actually solved best from extremes; centrism would only hinder actual solutions just for the sake of retaining a "neutral" and "central" view.

As the original poster, I'd agree. Centrism as a concept is really only relative to a left-right dichotomy. It's often nuanced views that defy this dichotomy that are regarded as centrism. That doesn't mean that centrism as a concept necessitates nuanced, nonpartisan views.

Centrism as a more formalized, popular set of beliefs could easily be as much an ideology as a political right or left. And it could easily be one that attempts to appease all camps in a visage of anti-partisan populism.

>With centralism you could have more actual experts in government. Not PR and baiting pros like a certain emperor of Veeky Forums.

No, you're thinking of independents and pure meritocracy; pure CENTRALISM is a religion in itself like Agnostics in religion.

Sometimes, the *BEST* solution is an extreme one, but centralists will religiously follow the mantra of using a central (Liberal/conservative) compromise solution, and every solution will only be mediocre compromises. Also, compromises ultimately waste precious time as it takes a long time for both Leftists and Rightists to forge a compromise.

Centralism may be the safe route, but don't say I didn't warn you when it fails to solve larger problems, and perhaps cause even more conflicts; compromises oftentimes don't happen. Centralism often falls apart when REAL PROBLEMS arise.

Try to appeal everyone, you end up being friends with no one.

Those are all just authoritarian regimes. It has nothing to do with left or right, and everything to do with the fact that they were brutal, violent dictatorships.
They literally are. That's the entire point of a republic.