Pokemon GO - Nintendo stocks

Since pokemon go was release and became a viral fad nintendo stocks have increased from 14,380yen to 21,270yen. but how high will the rocket fly before it runs out of fuel?

theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go

cnbc.com/2016/07/11/nintendos-stock-surges-after-pokemon-go-release.html

nasdaq.com/symbol/ntdoy/stock-chart

Their new console is a fail.

millennials will probably buy it anyway. especially now. plus it has a new zelda on it apparently, they love pretending they know what that is

I project this trend to cruise through the release of their Animal Crossing shit, and subsequently flounder when they release the NX, and it's proven to be a huge fucking flop.

People will jump ship once they realize nobody plays GO anymore (because like all Pokemon games, their about as stale as their first couple weeks), and that Nintendo is not a app developing company.

If I was Nintendo, I would flex my muscles and buy out some software companies developing modern games, and any companies developing researching development of cheaper, less power-using x86_64 processors. Use the subsequent research to pull a Sony and one-up both consoles. Leave the 4K shit alone, focus on developing something that runs flawlessly 1080p (hell even 1440p) 60fps for 6-10 hrs without going over 50-60C. They can do it, because their are computers that can do it. Bring the price down to

i agree with you fully. however for some reason i cant see nintendo going out and buying everything up in an attempt to out do the other gaming companies and software. but a pump and dump is probably most likely. especially since pokemongo seems to be one of those quick to rise quick to fall fads

Nintendo is not an app developing company. The game is made by Niantic, a company that made a successful ARG before.

The game is so empty of features right now, you just know they will have to keep updating it, and so people won't stop playing. They've already said trading and battling with friends is incoming, and I believe they will keep pumping these updates to keep this cash cow milking.

I'm not saying you should buy but keep that in mind. I'm also on the fence.

Proof of a sound, normal market :^)

>They've already said trading and battling with friends is incoming, and I believe they will keep pumping these updates to keep this cash cow milking.

Ah, can't say I knew about this. Don't have a smartphone, so I don't follow GO. However, while increment-ing the features a full Pokemon game would have, I can't concur to it being able to milk itself for a long time. It will, most likely, survive about as long as Pocket Mortys did, albeit more because it's the real thing

Nintendo is a giant when it comes to gaming, so even if they don't go out and buy buy buy, their still be around as long as gamers keep growing and both acceptance, and popularity.

My consensus, wait until after March 2017 (if you didn't already buy during the Amiibo boom :^), or if you do buy, buy small, and only do it if you can recoup losses you may inevitably get (you should really do that with any stock desu), because this definitely isn't a Minecraft

The lesson we should learn from this is that Nintendo always finds a way to do an unexpected bounce back.
Buy Nintendo stocks during the NX dip and wait for the next unexpected hype idea that skyrockets their stocks and sell before the dip after that d repeat the cycle

Apple Earnings is incoming. Pokemon Go made 9B for nintendo who is only recieving 10% of the revenue b/c licensing.

Apple b/c distribution gets 30%, so extrapolation would say apple just got net 27 billion. assuming samsung people are too poor. but say probably 20B for conservatism, in boost to their top line.
Gives me a price target of at least 98, but possibly 102 by earnings due to premium.

I bought some calls to try to get the second pokemon wave.

Are you chinese?

such a melt

This. I'll be surprised if it doesn't die before summer ends.

You left your trip from another thread on m8

>dat trend

I'm shorting them

Why is everyone saying that the NX is going to be crap? We don't know anything about it yet and 90% of all Nintendo handhelds and consoles were a massive success.

It's a trend to say nintendoomed, don't you know?
Seriously all the stars are aligned for them. Put an ad for the NX in PoGo, and boom, ten million sells

Apparently they're doing cross promotions with restaurant chains like Mcdonalds and other businesses. Isn't the advertising revenue going to be a fucking huge cash cow for Nintendo, considering how many people are playing this game?

This.

Pokemon Go isn't out in Japan yet. There's most likely another spike coming, and there's no telling how long this will last.

Is this game actually fun? I have some of my 26 year old friends spending their time meeting up with 14 year olds at local park districts.

I've been playing it while walking my dog, its kinda fun if you have friends to compare with what they got, but on your own I doubt you'd get much enjoyment out of it

>how high will the rocket fly before it runs out of fuel?

Nobody knows.

Nobody.

>Veeky Forums
>30% of 9 billion, is not 27 billion
>Apple earnings coming up
>Pokeman game came out AFTER Apple's Q3 ended, so won't see any impact till Q4 results...

>Full retarded trip