What if each board was a anicnet greek polis? Which boards would correspond to which city-state?

What if each board was a anicnet greek polis? Which boards would correspond to which city-state?

>/lgbt/ = Thebes
>/pol/ = Sparta
>/a/ = Athens
>Veeky Forums = Corinth
>/int/ = Argos
>Reddit = Achaemenids

Thoughts? Besides this being fucking retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2x0bv-WisEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/pol/ isn't Sparta. /pol/ is Rome because it was once a pretty neat place that got fucked by outsiders and is now extremely shitty.

The combination of /out/ and /k/ would be Sparta, as long as you don't look at gear queer threads.

fuck the polis

I'd say /k/ is Sparta with the war related shit and how everybody there is a fag who uses buttplugs

>highly militaristic
>highly authoritarian
>highly religious
>first line of defense against invading "Achaemenids" (Reddit)
>constantly pissing off other "polis" (boards) for their antics but aren't without their admirers
>unparalleled in infantry warfare (unparalleled in meme warfare)

>Sparta
>gay

Nah, Sparta was seemingly the only straight one. Xenophon said that Spartans viewed institutional homosexual pederasty as an abomination against nature and a grown man even touching a boy could result in a death sentence. Xenophon would probably know too since he sent his son there for education

You're forgetting ">highly retarded" which Sparta wasn't. /pol/ is a bastion of idiocy.

inb4 "liberal" or some other shit. No, they are easily manipulated morons who meme at each other as often as they can. There is little cohesion and little success of anything. They will rally behind anything that even looks like "strength" instead of actually being strength because they are a group of beta followers or parasites that will latch onto a creature and hope it does the right thing.

Veeky Forums is Athens.

/pol/ is Sparta.
>laconic (memes)
>authoritarian (lots of fascists, even the non-fascists want to force everyone to listen to them)
>toughness (literally nothing hurts them, racist, bigot, cuck, degeneracy, nigger, fascist, nazi, faggot, cunt, Liberal, Conservative, Communist)

>"let's have the majority of our population be semi-slaves and have to constantly worry about rebellions"
>not highly retarded

>/pol/ = Sparta
>not Veeky Forums

You had one job.

>t. lefty cuck, le 2smart4u
Shall we call them Thraikans?
Sparta wasn't the center of philosophy, they were dumber than your average rock.
The only thing they excelled in intellectually was waging war, /pol/ knows how to meme.
/po/ is the periokoi, since they always get dragged into /pol/ related subjects on account of the close proximity to /pol/ both in name and geography.

Who's Syracuse, the greatest Greek polis?

>being butthurt

Shouldn't /a/ be Athens just for the fact they founded a shit ton of colonies?

>toughness (literally nothing hurts them, racist, bigot, cuck, degeneracy, nigger, fascist, nazi, faggot, cunt, Liberal, Conservative, Communist)

They need their safe space and call anything they disagree with degeneracy and avoid it. If you're called a liberal on that board it's once of the worst things in the world and they will try to outmeme you as if that's some type of rebuttal.

>laconic (memes)

/k/'s are better. /pol/'s are legitimately fucking retarded.

>authoritarian (lots of fascists, even the non-fascists want to force everyone to listen to them)

I can't contest this one, they are disgustingly authoritarian now.

That would be marathon

Or Olympia.

So Veeky Forums is Athens now? We wuz Pericles n shiet?

Veeky Forums isn't anywhere near as influential on Veeky Forums as Athens was. You could claim Rhodes or some other nifty place in the fringe but Athens is big boys league.

Only /a/, /b/ and /v/ could hope to be Athens.

Nah Athens is /a/. Generally the most notable and historical of all the boards (besides /b/ which is pure fucking cancer with no equivalent)

The only problem is that /a/ and /pol/ don't really have an intense hatred for each other like Sparta and Athens did. The only boards that I can think of that have intense well known antagonistic relationships were /v/ and /b/ (though they're indistinguishable now a days)

/pol/ and /lgbt/ hate each other which ties in nicely with Thebes and Sparta hating each other.

/v/ or /a/ aren't bad choices. Is /v/ still the most popular board after /b/?

/v/ is actually a good counterpoint to /pol/'s Sparta since /v/ is the normie capital of Veeky Forums nowadays where.

This is really, really fucking retarded.

>/sp/ = Troy
So many destroyed Achilles. Also everyone hates them and they're the most likely people to have a gf

/v/ is more popular than /b/ and /pol/ is 5th or 6th largest. Also Veeky Forums almost as big as /v/.

H E C T O R
E
C
T
O
R

Wow, shows how much I know anymore

So /v/ is definitely Athens.

>/x/ = Chios

It's an out-of-the-way board that somehow manages to have a surprisingly large amount of users.

>Veeky Forums could be Rhodes
I like this idea. I'm fine with this personally. What would be another option?

>The only boards that I can think of that have intense well known antagonistic relationships were /v/ and /b/ (though they're indistinguishable now a days)
I'm thinking that if /v/ is Athens then /b/ would be Thrace. I mean, back then Thrace had the reputation of baby-eaters and baby-sellers and /b/ too has such an awful reputation today that whenever normies think of Veeky Forums (if they know about it) they think of /b/ alone.

But who would be Crete (even though it's an island with several cities)?

>/lgbt/ vs /pol/
Dat sacred band vs belligerent enthusiasts

>unparalleled in meme warfare
nigger they stole all of their memes from /int/ which is the true master-race, the Macedon of Veeky Forums

/pol/ is Macedon. They've risen so fucking fast and conquering everyone.

>/x/
>A bunch of hallucinating retards
>not Delphi
Although that would imply people listen to what they say

Need a snownigwalk comic

/lgbt/=Thebes (fags)
/int/=Macedon (Blanda'd up)
Veeky Forums= Syracuse (muh archimedes)
Veeky Forums=Delos (get money)
/b/=Thrace (barbarians)
/k/=Sparta (military)
/x/=Delphi (spooky)

What would /vp/ be?

One of the Ionian colonies conquered by the Reddit-Achaemenid empire since Pokémon is pure cancer

Its true

Hey now don't cry, I didn't mean it

Veeky Forums = every city-state

>Marathon
>polis
Fuck this board is stupid

What is it then

>walls? we don't need walls to defend our city
>go out to fight war
>city taken without resistance

>it was once a pretty neat place
Been on Veeky Forums since before /pol/. Kill yourself, stormfag.

Veeky Forums = athens

/b/ should be Athens. It's the most well known board and the board """""culture""""" is what your dad/local news outlet on a slow day thinks of when they mentally picture the Anonymous Internet Hate Machine, even though, much like Classical Athens, its glory days are well, well WELL in the past.

Link related: this is Veeky Forums's Parthenon
youtu.be/2x0bv-WisEc

The oldest board would be Mycenae.

What the hell are you on about? The Spartans literally encouraged homosexuality among their soldiers. The idea being that men who train together and eventually become lovers have bonds so strong that no battlefield stress will break them, not to mention that people are going to fight much harder to protect someone who is not just a comrade but also their lover.

>/pol/
>sparta
No. The spartans were actually intelligent.

>Sparta wasn't the center of philosophy, they were dumber than your average rock.
...one of the 7 sages of greece was a spartan.

We also have collections of witty spartan syaings.

And they educated ALL of their male citizens. The agoge wasn't just war, user. Greeks held that you needed to be able to think to be able to fight, and vice versa.

It's a fucking plain.

There's no evidence for this either way.

Veeky Forums is the Achaeans.

>/pol/ not tough

>taking /pol/ seriously
>not taking /pol/ seriously
you cuck.

They meme a little too hard for ya?
Well, you know what they say about rollin' with the bik bois.

>opinion on memes
trash

>disgustingly authoritarian
>people who don't agree with my political views are gross
t. angry libtard

You can try again tomorrow, son.

>pic related is /pol/

you are thinking of the Sacred Band of Thebes which is already covered in OP's post. Spartans would not have sex with other adult males but did partake in child-adult pederasty.

>le Smartans
If you look at what Sparta did and how they did it.
They were pretty fucking retarded.

Not to mention that Athens was the center of intellectual life and Sparta never really developed anything in terms of serious philosophy.

>witty spartan sayings
This is how we know they were dumber than other Greeks.
Quips are for retards who don't think.

>agoge education

yes because they were producing Socratic philosophers at such a rate as to rival The Academy and The Lyceum.
>lovers have bonds so strong that no battlefield stress will break them
Modern war theory proves you this wrong on many levels.
Look at the Special operations guys, they have wives, kids, more often than not White Conservative Christian Men, almost the Anti-thesis of popular homosexuality.

They forge bonds stronger than the ones they have with their families.

Brotherhood is not the same as sexual love.
Lovers will die for one another, brothers don't accept death.

> literally nothing hurts them

Exept that everything butthurts them

>Post a picture of a black man with a white woman
>Get more replies in an hour than this board gets in a day

Does /pol/'s size and culture (flags, shitposting) attract anti-intellectualism, or is it the users themselves?

What would /l/ be?

>pic related is shitty edgelord of "Muh Hellenic Warriurgh"
well I guess it's cringey enough.

The users. Both /pol/ and degeneracy are on the same undermensch level. Only trancedent boards are Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

This is fucking retarded and just an excuse for browsers to autistically jerk themselves off.

Just look at this faggot:

>toughness
>literally the rights sjws

Muh gainz tho
Cardio kills gains

>the video gaming board is the equivalent of the home of classical knowledge

>Spartans
>Dancing about in single combat with swords and no formation

I bet you think 300 is a good movie too

First 3 actually mean how autistic /pol/ is.
Also the first line defense against reddit is /tv/
Literally no one admires /pol/
Masters of memery are /int/ and /tv/, who also invented meme magic

/pol/ would be closest to gypsies, as they steal memes and everyone hates them

>/pol/ would be closest to gypsies, as they steal memes and everyone hates them
Are you everyone?

Are you American perhaps? Because in Europe, yeah: pretty much everyone hates actual gypsies (not American gypsies)

>(not American gypsies)

I saw few episodes of a series called American Gypsies. I was raging all the way through. They're just mafia style junk merchants instead of the more nomadic thieves they are in Europe.

>/pol/
>once a pretty neat place

Cute narrative.

Veeky Forums probably, not because they are the greatest, just for actually being a rather decent place who is there in the background.

Which one would be /x/

Also as funny as I find /pol/, /k/ should be Sparta

>/a/ and /pol/ don't really have an intense hatred for each other
In what fucking world?

>/pol/ = Sparta
As a /pol/ack i can confirm this

>Which one would be /x/
Probably Delphi. High on fumes and shit, believing in wierd shit

>culture/artwork/architecture is appropriated or outright copied
>eventually it is stolen for display elsewhere
>Revisionists/normies view them in light of their artwork, are actually cynical ""realists"" (see Melos)
>le we are Delian legion (make that self righteous cynics)

I'm ok with this

actually Veeky Forums is sparta cause they're all a bunch of homos

Also, they are motivated by fear to appear strong to others.

From were the Sparta/Gays is coming from? Homos than took the dick were seen as women, only if you were a slave or a boy it wasn't seen as extremely damaging for your image. If you were the one giving the dick it was ok tough, that's the manly thing to do.

Athens = /b/
Sparta = /pol/
Corinth = Veeky Forums
Thebes = /v/
Miletus = Veeky Forums
Argos = /a/
Mycenae = Veeky Forums
Olympia = Veeky Forums
Delos = /x/
Lesbos = /lgbt/
Alexandria = Veeky Forums

/b/ would be the bottom of the cliff where the Spartans throw their retarded babies

nah Thebes is gayer. Sacred Band of Thebes

>/lgbt/
>not Corinth
There's a reason why 1 Corinthians is the way it is.

They would all be a combination of /pol/ Veeky Forums and /lgbt/

Greeks that were gay would have thigh sex to avoid this so nobody was getting penetrated

>being an uniformed laconophile
>/pol/ being anything other than a stormfront echo chamber.

>it's a liberal gets bent out of shape and makes the whole thread about /pol/ episode

It was always terrible senpai, but i will admit election year made it worse

that would be /k/