Is marriage the worst financial decision you can make if you're a man?

Is marriage the worst financial decision you can make if you're a man?

pic related to preempt the fedora accusations

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jefflanders/2012/07/18/can-a-trust-protect-my-assets-in-divorce/#265589d2587e
youtu.be/_Qq6dQwLh1s?t=28
miamiseniorhigh.org/ourpages/auto/2016/6/3/66923376/Sowell Thomas Economic Facts and Fallacies.pdf
info.legalzoom.com/can-prenuptial-agreement-voided-26384.html
divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/lesson3.pdf
bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/marriage-and-divorce-patterns-by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm
marriagefoundation.org.uk/Shared/Uploads/Products/5357_MF - What is the divorce rate - 060213.pdf
webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_351693.pdf
oecd.org/els/family/SF3_1_Marriage_and_divorce_rate_Jan2014.pdf
census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2015/acs/acs-30.pdf
relate.org.uk/files/relate/separation-divorce-factsheet-jan2014.pdf
bgsu.edu/content/dam/BGSU/college-of-arts-and-sciences/NCFMR/documents/FP/FP-14-19-divorce-rate-recession.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If marriage is a financial decision for you, start a Fleshlight collection instead.

No, unless you marry a used up bimbo or gold digging whore, which un-surprisingly are the only girls that will ever touch you.

t. future alimony payers

Why would it be a worse financial decision for the man, than it would be for the woman?

Theoretically, if you were with a woman who earns decent money and the marriage lasts, it's a very good financial decision.

Good fucking luck with that tho lmao

Yes but at least in the future you get an old overweight sexually unattractive woman to chat with.

Because the judge will throw out your prenup. Your ex wife will get more than her fair share at your expense. If you have kids, she will get them and chalimony in the divorce. She may accuse you of abuse or child abuse and ruin your reputation in order to win a little money. She will stay at home and live off of your hard earned money while you are slaving away for her. She will control you financially until your children are 18 years of age.

>Because the judge will throw out your prenup

Why would he / she do that?

Which law states judges are obliged to throw out prenups?

Cite me the specific law and paragraph. Thank you.

Also, I would throw acid in her face if she did that. So why would she do that?

My immediate answer is yes, but upon reflection, college may be worse. Marriage is only a bad financial decision if you have kids or get divorced. There is a tiny, tiny, tiny chance those things wont happen, in which case marriage could increase your net worth.

College however instantly puts you in debt. Lottery tickets may also be the worst financial decision.

Because women always come out on top in divorce court. Always.

What are the actual benefits of being married, other than "muh feelings"? What reason do I have to get the government involved in my personal relationships? It seems like a shit deal.

>What are the actual benefits of being married
Getting a fucking visa.

Good thing I'm not interested in people from third world shitholes.

We've covered this 1000x.

Marriage is like buying a house. It CAN be a good decision, but only if many different requirements are met.

It happens frequently if the judge deems it is "unfair."

For example, if you and your wife use the same lawyer, the judge will say the prenup is void because no one was looking out for her own best interests.

There are none. The tax breaks you get are insignificant, and there's no social stigma for living together unwed anymore. Marriage only exists today because it's a billion dollar industry with florists, bakers, dress designers, planners, photographers, jewlers, etc. The average wedding costs $26k

Don't get married before 29, that's all I gotta say. You gotta be older and be financially stable. Remember do you really want her for the rest of your life. Lots of people cheat so don't do it early or you're officially a retard

If you don't know how to handle your money to circumvent this then yes.
If you're smart. She'll be working at McDonalds and be paying you alimony.
Its just one small bit of paperwork to get done before you meet the girl. Thats it.
Stop going on reddit for major life decisions.
forbes.com/sites/jefflanders/2012/07/18/can-a-trust-protect-my-assets-in-divorce/#265589d2587e
or if you're a poorfag pic related.

Its not difficult. Pay $3000 to ameliorate the alimony and child support risks. Gain 50%+ of your free time.
B/c two can live about as cheaply as one.

Political alliances are still a thing.

the common government Mode for your marriage contract exposes you to risks.
Handle the risks and you can pretty much have your cake and eat it too.

And its not a difficult sell to the woman either. Rich people do this so will we. Do you want to be ordinary. Do you want to be average. Don't you want to go back to your HS reunion in a helicopter and walk out in the classy-trashy outfit hot pants and mink b/c fuck it I'm rich bitch, I does what a want when I wants it.

Why aren't you both using lawyers for the biggest contract of your fucking lives. I wish everybody had to do this. The gays don't know how lucky they are that by default they need lawyers. You stupid Nanny state cuckolds. You probably picked something other than team Valor.

Removing marriage as lawful institution wouldn't necessarily dissolve that industry overnight. People would still want ceremonies for their symbolism, especially religious people.

whoa whoa this is the first time I've seen the Chinaman using such foul language

>why wouldnt you be using lawyers.
because romanticism. In Beauty and the Beast, Belle doesnt hire a sentient menorah to draw up a prenup. On Valentines Day we dont have our girlfriend sign a contract claiming their box of chocolates is theirs alone. The very idea of mixing litigation with love is a baffling concept, and for many American women the very mention of prenup twists their roasties brcause "HOW DARE U THINK WE NEED A PRENUP. WE WILL LOVE EACH OTHER FOREVER OR UNTIL I GET BORED!"

Jump into a resume thread every now and again. Those are fun.
youtu.be/_Qq6dQwLh1s?t=28

>having heirs is unsound
Entirely a pleb move

Oh my bad. I forgot that the government goes out and arrests everyone who has children without being married.

Married for 7 years here.
Never been more financially stable than ever, live in nicer place and have more stuff. Instead of paying alone you have someone pay with you. There are counterparts to that of course and you know which ones.

Yes. Find another way to make your girl feel like a princess

You've clearly seen too many movies.

And some bitch fucked you over.

What he says happens a lot, and women always do win in those court battles.

Shitskins not welcome bruh

You realise you're roasting 80% of Asian people with this comment?

>What he says happens a lot
You work on a large number of cases like this at your firm?

>tfw gf literally said we can get one before we get married
>tfw she was the one who brought it up

i-is she the one?

>What he says happens a lot
You need to get off of reddit.

>Going to court
How bad are your attorneys that they did not put in a private arbitration clause. its like you are trying to get Hoganed

being willing to sign a prenup doesn't necessarily mean she's the one
it's just the first part of the equation

Yes, if she is a neet who wants to be a housewife, otherwise, kinda

You know it would help if some of you weren't so fucking childish.

The reason alimony exists is because while the husband usually gets to further his career, the woman gives up hers to support the family at home.

The actual problem today is that even if the wife works and the husband sacrifices his time, men still don't usually win much in divorce cases.

Look at the stats by the way, men who marry and the wife stays at home on average earn 30% more than those who don't marry.

So yes it's actually a good decision unless you're a beta cuck who marries retards.

So why does no fault divorce exist?

>shame on you for considering the financial implications
>man up and marry that slut

kys, libtard

Correlation does not imply causation

Also both income and marriage rates are correlated with age so I call bullshit

>Correlation does not imply causation

There's that line again. YES WE KNOW. But correlation also does not imply the lack of causation. It's pretty obvious though isn't it, you have time to work without having to worry about all the stuff your wife takes care of, you're gonna be able to earn more.

>so I call bullshit

Page 72 miamiseniorhigh.org/ourpages/auto/2016/6/3/66923376/Sowell Thomas Economic Facts and Fallacies.pdf

>the woman gives up hers to support the family at home
>woman gives up hers

Like the bitch had anything going for her besides sucking cock for money

depends marriage is supposed to in some studies make men more responsible and calm and good natured
some people dont like responsibility because they are proud and feel betrayed and dont want to submit in to something else or they dont want to be exposed or dragged into something they dont like or can relate to ( in a negative way )

ITT: cucks

You mean 35% less. Only half of that 130% is your own money

Prenups get thrown out: info.legalzoom.com/can-prenuptial-agreement-voided-26384.html

Keep in mind that you can't make agreements concerning child support, which is the new alimony.

Judges don't always have to follow the law. Just realize that you are getting into a basically open ended contract - but if/when you break up you need to realize that a lot have feminists have spent a lot of time making sure that judges fuck the dude at the end of that contract.

Uh, one tiny little one: any kids born during the marriage will be considered yours whether they are or not

The fact that women don't want prenup a is the reason that marriage is a bad financial decision right there. She is marrying you for your financial potential - not the other way around. The state is sweetening the pot by giving you some tax breaks, but it's just not worth the risk.

Some bitch did fuck me over. She acted all innocent. Two years after we had a kid, she changed entirely. Then she took me to court and she keeps taking me to court over visitation. I pay her $1034 per month in child support. So if your motivation is financial, think it over.

that article is such bullshit

>section 8 will pay for a home
maybe after being on a waiting list for a few years
>gf gets obamacare
this still costs money, he's getting in confused with medicaid
>$600 a month in food stamps
bullshit
>free utilities
you mean reduced utilities
>$1800 in disability
also bullshit, youre lucky if you qualify for $1000
>half the population sitting around while the other half pay their way
half the country pays income taxes, the half that does not includes: people who make less than one is taxable, retired people, disabled people, people that are tax exempt and children

yes it is
read about men going their own way which is like a gay club for marriage-independent men

ive been getting plugged in the ass for about 12 years now and ill tell you what marriage is a thing of the past! a man will never betray you, besides, its as emotionally satisfying as being with a woman. my boyfriend is calling me back to bed now, ta-ta

My partner is not a skank. She has a good education and earns nearly as much as I do.

Maybe if you could get women who aren't gutter trash, you wouldn't think this way.

Buying a house is way less risky than getting married.

Worst case with a house the bank takes it and your credit sucks for a few years.

Worst case with marriage you are made into a modern slave with death as your only available release.

Gee, why don't women want to stay in a relationship with you?

You should have waited. Chances are, she would've up and left if you wouldn't knock her up. I was with my girlfriend for 12 years before I trusted her that far.

Asians use Ona holes, not fleshlights.

there is absolutely no point to marry. buy a ring if you want, whatever but legal marry just stupid move

>/r9k/ and Veeky Forums the picture
That picture is what virgins believe. If you've been out in the real world and read up on the studies of sexual habits among millennials than you'll know that the younger generation has less sex than their parents who are the baby boomers. Women also work the same hours as guys so they're less inclined to find mates now because of their busy lifestyle. I can tell you from experience that the hot chicks are often the pure ones. Too many guys are chicken to talk to them in person.

>actually believing this shit
Who let you out of your cuck shed?

>cuck
Using the meme unironically. user, you are the one loves cuckold lifestyle. I've been with enough women to know most of them are not slags. Some are but they're often the type that doesn't want to get married. Word of advice, kindergarten teachers are very conservative until you teach them how to fuck. Nurses are either conservative or giant sluts. Business women are mostly conservative but they like a guy who can take charge at home, if you know what I mean.

>implying
I don't think you've been with many women at all from how you're talking about them. Quite frankly, it doesn't make sense for you to truly believe they aren't. Unless you're a cuckold; I'm not even memeing. I won't go off on how many women I've been with because it's actually irrelevant as to how many, but what I can tell you is that if you look attractive, they'll slide into your life low key just to suck and ride your dick then bounce.

Do I consider promiscuous women whores? No. But I'm not going to pretend like most women don't want to hop on dick like no tomorrow. ESPECIALLY in their mid 30s and upward. I'm legitimately a fetish for most women. Take it for what you will.

If you're looking at it from a raw quantitative point of view, it has to be way up there right beside just color betting on roulette.

A woman normally makes far less than a man and I'm not talking about some meme wage gap shit, I just mean they choose less valuable shit like being a teacher, daycare watcher, or stay at home parent (which I do attribute value to) relative to men who seem to value more well......valuable shit.

So you get paired up with someone that is very likely to make less money than you and then you get saddled with alimony IF you all split, and the trashiness of your settlement is heavily state dependent.

So you get alimony and child support and the alimony is commonly weighted on the potential earnings she lost out on just because she chose to be with you and follow your career path.

Very bad decision going solely on raw financials and pragmatism.

And I say this as a married person living up the Deschutes River with a household income of 90K.

Good luck, senpai. Hopefully your decision doesn't back fire and fuck you up.

you are a fedora though
>financial implications
that's like saying going to the bathroom is a financial decision.

you get married because you are pursuing a successful family with the person you love, most likely believing that marriage is a necessary or otherwise amusing ritual in that regard. there are a grand total of zero financial implications to getting married. you can borrow a few hundred dollars and get married. the shit you're talking about is sharing your wealth with someone in general, and the legal quantity of it that a spouse is entitled to in a divorce (which, by the way, is rare as fuck if you have any wealth to begin with) if she doesn't have anything of her own.

if you slipped over your fedora while getting on the toilet and broke your spine, you should have considered those financial implications, friendo. you can avoid marriage if you think it's "risky" for one reason or another, but that will have as much to do with your financial well being in the end as trying to predict what underwear kevin bacon is wearing that day. on the contrary, married men earn more according to a lot of studies.

>rare
Do you have any friends or know anyone that's been divorced? Nearly 100% of the broke faggots I know pay the women in one way or another.

You're just being too optimistic for whatever reason. Not everyone is going to "be calm" while they fall out of "love" with you.

>optimistic
call it "***luck****" but out of several hundred families i've met and kept up with over the years maybe 4 or 5 i can recall involving a divorce, and none of them seemed all that bad financially, just emotionally.

and the statistic for white-educated-male is like 12-15% until i hit 65+. my parents are fine, my wifes parents are fine, it's not my risk to consider if someone else fucks up anyway. millions of people die in car accidents every year but i feel fine on the road.

now lets completely ignore the fact that you haven't met anyone yet to love because you're a freak or a fag or whatever. there's no strategy or financial decision making involved in just avoiding a position. you can say some people make bad decisions on their marriages, maybe even most in your fantasy. but to not get married at all isn't a financial decision, unless you're the kind of person who believes in not working and not having any money because "mo money mo problems" and in that case i have nothing to argue about.

Wait, what are you on about? I just necked a few pints and you sound as coherent as a rabid animal. My parents are fine too. And? That's a different generation.

Getting married is a financial fucking decision. Especially if you receive tax breaks and even incentives for doing so. So, don't try to pull some bullshit that it's not. Clearly it is or nobody would fucking do it. You don't drop retarded money to bring a bunch of faggot ass family you never want to see to an event of you just saying "I do." What's the point aside from the gain? If you think getting married is the only way to express or solidify your love, maybe you're the one that's never been in love.

>my parents got married for a tax break
just keep drinking and fuck off.

In alaska this article is pretty much spot on

Hot chicks are always sluts idiot just cuz your to chikun dont mean everyone else is

Marriage is a pretty bad idea since its not really doing you any good. Everything can be handled with a updated last will.

However having a gf or "wife" is a good idea. Doubling your house income and reducing the marginal cost of housing with 50% while also decreasing some other marginal costs like the power and food bill. Plus you get some other social bonuses.

8/10 deal

Worst ? May be.
It sure is the hardest and more important decision a man can make in his life.
If you're worried about your assets you can always get in touch with a lawyer.

>18 years of age

Thats only if the kids dont go to college. If they do it can last til 25.

I make $80k
Where is the woman that makes as much as me

most nurses make more than you and only have to work 3 days a week

get cucked beta

ITT: Cucks.

Honestly, and not memeing in the slightest, if you can't find a virgin, romance isn't worth it.

How are you supposed to engage in the cuckold lifestyle unless you have a wife?

Worst decision to make as a woman too. Get an education and you're worth so much more than as a paid long-term prostitute and maid. Your leverage should be who you are as an individual, not the fact that you roped him into a legal agreement.

>Is marriage the worst financial decision you can make if you're a man?
>pic related to preempt the fedora accusations
>76 replies and 5 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: VGvQ7hTB) 07/13/16(Wed)08:06:52 No.1378819▶
>
>most nurses make more than you and only have to work 3 days a week
>get cucked beta
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: cEj9/J+E) 07/13/16(Wed)08:30:34 No.1378848▶
>File: 1461048964817.jpg (332 KB, 1400x990)
>ITT: Cucks.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: cEj9/J+E) 07/13/16(Wed)08:32:34 No.1378849▶
>File: 1389874833694.jpg (330 KB, 1221x1570)
>Honestly, and not memeing in the slightest, if you can't find a virgin, romance isn't worth it.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: DELvPdvq) 07/13/16(Wed)08:48:33 No.1378873▶
> (OP)
>How are you supposed to engage in the cuckold lifestyle unless you have a wife?
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: C6aV6msZ) 07/13/16(Wed)17:28:11 No.1379826▶
>Worst decision to make as a woman too. Get an education and you're worth so much more than as a

try /pol/

Find a woman that could hypothetically support herself financially. Collective income is a great thing.

who the F*CK ARE YOU QUOTING????

>marriage has nothing to do with your financial well being
>married men earn more according to a lot of studies.
which one is it retard

>girlfriend of one year fucked two guys before me
>i fucked two girls before her
>been very happy with each other so far, no major issues

Beginning to take her very seriously. No big decisions until a couple years' cohabitation, but she's definitely very much in the running. Is two prior sexual partners really all that problematic?

No, it isn't, it's quite low actually. And even if it was more, don't listen to anyone calling you a cuck etc., chances are that they're insecure as hell and overcompensating.

After looking at that chart, I'll say yes.

pic related

>Is marriage the worst financial decision you can make if you're a man?
Well, short of putting your life savings on 29 Black, yeah.

It's nice to be able to share costs and have a partner and whatnot, but in all cases, you're risking a massive chunk of your current and future assets.

That user literally just pointed out that most of our parents are from a different generation.

Laws have changed, and expectations of alimony and who gets the kids has, too.

80k is not a lot of money you mouth-breathing retard.

>any kids born during the marriage will be considered yours whether they are or not
How in the living fuck is that a benefit?

Youre right its not
Which is why most women are poor, worthless leeches and i cant imagine what a nightmare it must be to provide for them
The average age of nurse is 47
I didnt say sugar momma
Try early to mid 20s

Just chiming in. Marriage is a fucking terrible idea unless you're both college educated and she's a virgin, otherwise you may as well just not bother.

>unless your boyh college educated and she's a virgin, otherwise you might as well be eating out destitute crack whores at a Detroit bus stop while her Pimp picks your pocket
Fix'd

Thanks for the correction. You're right, of course.

Is this a serious question?

divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/lesson3.pdf
>In the United States, researches estimate that 40%-50% of all first marriages, and 60% of second marriages, will end in divorce.

bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/marriage-and-divorce-patterns-by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm
>Approximately 42% of marriages that took place between ages 15 and 46 ended in divorce.

marriagefoundation.org.uk/Shared/Uploads/Products/5357_MF - What is the divorce rate - 060213.pdf
>Based on current rates of divorce, 39% of couples marrying today will divorce.

webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_351693.pdf
>The fall in divorces to 2009 is consistent with a decline in the number of marriages.

oecd.org/els/family/SF3_1_Marriage_and_divorce_rate_Jan2014.pdf
>During this period, divorce rates increased in most countries. The increase in divorce rates in the United States was very small.

census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2015/acs/acs-30.pdf
>Americans have higher marriage rates and marry somewhat earlier. Marital disruption is higher in the United States compared with European nations. We see a pattern of marriage, divorce, and remarriage, or "marriage-go-round."

relate.org.uk/files/relate/separation-divorce-factsheet-jan2014.pdf
>42% of marriages end in divorce.
>66% of divorces were on petition of the wife.
>Of every divorce in 2011 - it was the first divorce for both partners in 70.1% of cases.

bgsu.edu/content/dam/BGSU/college-of-arts-and-sciences/NCFMR/documents/FP/FP-14-19-divorce-rate-recession.pdf
>A year-by-year examination reveals the divorce rate was increasing modestly during the years leading up to the Great Recession (2000 - 2008). This trajectory reversed in 2009 when the divorce rate dropped nearly 7% because the cunts needed their husband's money!