If the abos had domesticated the megalania instead of making it extinct...

If the abos had domesticated the megalania instead of making it extinct, could this have turned the tide against European colonization?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOmjnioNulo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_animals
youtu.be/wOmjnioNulo
aboriginalart.com.au/culture/dreamtime2.html
austhrutime.com/eel_harvesting.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you have a conversation with an abo?

Sorry, I meant have you ever had a conversation with an abo?

Aussie here, answer the question, cunt. Gimmie 2 dollors for some fucking cigarettes you racist white boy.

You can't domesticate reptiles.

R uh Retard3d?

>abos greatest accomplishment

>domesticated the megalania
>domesticate giant reptile
Are you fucking stupid?

They still could had domesticated these guys, right?

fuck up cunt

I don't see why in theory a reptile couldn't be domesticated, but probably not the ones around then or now. Mammals were bigger and more numerous, and most reptiles are either too small or dangerous to even want to try. They also don't have the proper social structure. You don't control a "herd" of crocodiles when you break the biggest one.

You understand reptiles are a diverse species right? Which have been extensivly domesticated, see snakes.

>snakes are domesticated

youtube.com/watch?v=wOmjnioNulo
Not sure if it would be impossible to domesticate non mammals, but a reason exist why the animals that are domesticated were.

>You understand reptiles are a diverse species right? Which have been extensivly domesticated, see snakes.

>u wot m9

Not sure why i put non mammals, what i meant was
>Not sure if it would be possible to domesticate reptiles, but a reason exists why the animals that are domesticated were domesticated and not others.

Oh fuck totally
That's why Anzac use to ride salt water crocodiles as Calvary.
Or would use venomous snakes to put on venom on their bullets and kill Nazis.
It's common knowledge that in the Pacific the Australians used tamed snakes to ambush Japanese forces.

How do you domesticate a 10 foot long lizard

Very carefully

Are you seriosuly trying to imply domestication is tantamount to riding said animal? Go look at the definition of domestication and tell me we havent domesticated reptiles.

Yeah we haven't, we've domesticated like 9 animals total.

You're a fucking retard.

No one has said we have domesticated them to the level of dogs/cats. To say they haven't been domesticated is sever ignorance. Should look at that, bro.

To add to your utter mental retardation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_animals

A lot more than 9 animals domesticated. Educate yourself you fucking idiot.

And not one reptile. Reptiles can't be domesticated. They can be tamed, sure. But not domesticated.

The theory currently is that certain animals are extremely social and came to humans rather than humans making an effort to domesticate unwilling animals.
As for doing exactly that, see the Russian Fox project which has done jack despite literal decades of breeding.

The honorouble Abos had shit loads of time, it should be possible to breed for submissive traits just like the silver fox.

But okay what about the noble steed in pic related. It is a mammal, the short-faced kangaroo. Wouldn't this bring prosperity and strenght to the noble Abo?

(If they did not make it extinct but domesticated it)

Also what if the Abos learned how to use the feral camels effectively? Or did the camels in Aussie land go feral too late?

Weren't there humans in Australia before the abos?

youtu.be/wOmjnioNulo

Abos did domesticate dogs I believe

Yep. The dog which also went feral and is known as the dingo. So note the dog came with them.

i think you underastimate how easy it is to domesticate a animal, especially a large carnivorous animal

>The honorouble Abos had shit loads of time

they still hade marginally less time then europeans and middle easterns

removing poison glands and putting it in a glass box for safe keeping is not domesticating

There needs to be some potential for the animals in question. Of the animals we have thoroughly domesticated they've pretty much all been heavily social creatures with a hierarchy system that we can exploit.

Snakes are totally cold blooded and solitary predators. I'm not saying that it's impossible but God knows how many generations it would take to breed some social instincts in those creatures.

The Abo's are too worthless and stupid to achieve anything of significance. They might as well be treated as sub human.

Their way of life worked fine.

It is possible that their reliance on fire and hunting hurt them in the end (if agriculture could've been possible). But how could they know?

You're right user, they were too fucking stupid to know that burning down countless acres of forests was bad

Ok I can agree with that. Still the Middle East and the area around the Sahara used to be much greener too, until bad policies lead to desertification.

I think most humans lack foresight.

Easter Island had the same thing happen. The people burnt down the forest so they would have more farmland.

Except that the Rapa Nui, Polynesian savages, ended up developing pretty amazing feats of landscape engineering in order to survive.

Which confuses me. They accomplished more than any other Polynesians I know about, more than any Africans outside of Nubia/East Africa, and more than Abos, and more than most North American natives.

BUT HOW

The Russian fox project was a success. Curly ears and all.

Crocodiles are literally on that list. You do not understand what it means to domesticate an animal. There are also a few snakes on the list under it's suborder Serpentes.

Are you actually retarded?
>we havent domesticated repltiles even though we have becasue you cannot ride reptiles like you can ride horses

People have pet crocodiles. They have been domesticated, by definition.

Crocs have never been domesticated they have been tamed dumbass.

tamed =/= domesticated

It's not like by literal definition it proves we have domesticated Crocs.

>Domestication is the process of adapting wild plants and animals for human use. Domestic species are raised for food, work, clothing, medicine, and many other uses. Domesticated plants and animals must be raised and cared for by humans. Domesticated species are not wild. Plant Domestication.

>food
>work
>clothing
>many other uses
Check, check, check, check. Maybe you should learn what it means to domesticate an animal, before posting.

>third generation crocs bred in captivity are wild
Are you actually retarded? Look at that picture of a very wild and not at all domesticated Croc.

genetics

See No where but ignorant retards like yourself has anyone said it was.

It's a question of efficiency.

Megafauna are huge and eat a lot of food. You will not be able to domesticate these animals for several animal generations, and you must continue feeding them for nothing until you can maybe get one of them to carry your shit for you.

All animal species can be bred selectively in isolation, but it not even close to worth it for a great many of them.

Like I said, the Rapa Nui are polynesians. So what genetic factor makes them so much smarter than other polynesians?

I mean, they're not geniuses or anything, but compared to other polynesians or abos the things they invented are comparable to landing on the damn moon.

Ofc I don't think Abos are modern humans, so genetics could explain why they're so much more capable than abos. But what about other polynesians?

Please respond.

Go sleep in the road, throwback.

They were more intelligent in outdoor survival than most Europeans

So what genetic factor makes them so much smarter than other polynesians?

idk

I'd imagine it's like the small differences between European sub-races that when scaled up turn out to be significant.

Except there is nothing to indicate differences between European sub-races regarding intelligence.

No they werent because you see you fucking retard EVERY SINGLE HUMAN RACE HAS ONCE HAD TO LIVE IN THE WILDERNESS before.

True story:

Friends step-dad passed out on the road on his 18th birthday, I think his friends just ditched him.

Got run over and is now permanent paraplegic in a wheelchair. He is probably THE nicest person I have ever met.

Sleeping on the road is no joke.

He is regarded anyways.
Great Lakes natives also lived outdoors and most did not build permanent settlements, but they were many times more advanced than abos.

Abos are the bottom of the barrel. Maybe some African tribes were equally primitive when contacted? No structures, no tools?

You understand Aboriginals for over 40 thousand years were able to live in perfect harmony with the land. There is literally no reason to advance your technology when everything you need is readily available at all times.

>perfect harmony
>burn down entire forests

Sure thing!

And 'we have no need to evolve technologically' is a pretty poor excuse.

Did they also have no reason to create artwork? And I don't mean spitting dye over your hand, either.

Abos are simply the least accomplished and intelligence people on Earth.

>Did they also have no reason to create artwork? And I don't mean spitting dye over your hand, either.
>their art is shit because I don't luike it!
That's not how it works. Their art was extensive although unfortunatly lost as it was oral tradition (dream time stories).

>Abos are simply the least accomplished and intelligence people on Earth.
You are a racist. Of course this is true when you compare to modern peoples. It's literally got nothing to do with anything though, rememeber only 300 years ago they were all still living their tribal life. Which they have lived, for many thousands of years.

>And 'we have no need to evolve technologically' is a pretty poor excuse.
It's literally true. Agriculture are among the very first inventions of human kind. If you don't need agriculture, aboriginals did not, why the fuck do you advance technology?

they're too wide and flat. you'd have to ride them on your knees, and it'd hurt too much

Usually, for tribal like people, the amount of resources around you dictate whether you advance tech or not. The more resources the less need for innovation. Its why Africa is a shithole despite being plentiful as fuck

Irony beyond words.

You should go back to pol.

Read your post again, hombre
>Their way of life worked fine.
>It is possible that their reliance on fire and hunting hurt them in the end
That is most certainly not fucking fine m80

Fuck you you fucking Bogan

even if somehow they were capable of domesticating a solitary predator larger and more powerful than a human and somehow managed to find a way to actually train said solitary predator into a war animal they'd still be virtually useless due to the massive food requirements which would severely limit the development of communities with populations of the megalania
its essentially all the problems of taming a predator, combined with all the problems of taming a reptile combined with all the problems of elephants just to get an animal that is decidedly worse at warfare than an elephant and all of this in a society which didn't even have 1/100th the resources of societies that actually did manage to field sizeable numbers of war elephants

holy shit, Veeky Forums is a bunch of libcucks. They literally eat their first-born. Now they just drink petrol and sleep in the road. They didn't advance like other humans.You would have to be a revisionist to believe that abos had a meaningful culture or any technological advancement besides whatever burned down their forests faster.

>.You would have to be a revisionist to believe that abos had a meaningful culture or any technological advancement besides whatever burned down their forests faster.

2/10, try harder next time.

More like if the megalania had domesticated the Abbos

Ok, enlighten me. Let's see some prime abo culture by the time anglos got there. Remember, anglos had boats, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Lets see some abo culture and innovation that tops a nicely decorated boat.

Your argument is literally, I do not like it therefore it was shit.

How about you form a proper argument not based on your subjectivity?

>the oldest civilisation in history staying the essentially the same state for it's existence isterrible
You understand just how wrong that is right?

You also understand your metric for judging what is 'good' is utterly retarded.

aboriginalart.com.au/culture/dreamtime2.html

I would say, advancement in cultural sophistication and in technology show an advancement in people. That's fine. I'm sure their oral stories were on the level of shakespeare. I hope you are baiting. I'll be leaving.

Abos were stagnant for thousands of years and if we look at IQ tests they score on average 90.
The Australian government had to forcibly take them into government housing because they were living in inhumane conditions.

Life ain't fair, someone had to draw the short stick and Abos did. Their culture and way of life was completely inferior to every other culture we've ever seen. Living the same way we did 40,000 years ago is not an accomplishment. It's a failure to innovate. Living to 32 is not something to be proud of.

I'm not that guy but you'd have to be delusional to think abo culture is worth anything. Nothing has inherent value. Value is derived out of utility or pleasure. Abo culture produced no utility, and the digery doo is their only pleasure.

Some of them farmed eels.

austhrutime.com/eel_harvesting.htm

>show an advancement in people
And this matters how? No one has said that they are the most advanced peoples on the planet, actually the opposite.

Somehow saying thweir culture and peoples are 'trash' becasue they stayed the same is bad is quite frankly, literally, retarded.

>Living the same way we did 40,000 years ago is not an accomplishment. It's a failure to innovate.
What are you even saying. How does it matter. When in both 40,000 years both species still are alive, one species has the iPod and the other does not. This is no metric on judging wheater or not a peoples is 'good' or 'bad'. You are retarded as well.

> Nothing has inherent value. Value is derived out of utility or pleasure. Abo culture produced no utility, and the digery doo is their only pleasure.
Hahahahaha wow. This is literally the point of Aboriginal culture, how are you so retarded? They live a country where everything was so readily available there was no need for anything except perfection of their hunting methods, which is what happened. Are you also aware just how easy it is to hunt kangaroo? You can literally walk right up to and throw rocks at it. There are millions of kangaroo's around the joint.
>ib4 nuh-huh
>inb4 muh noble savages
It's factual evidence that cannot be refuted. One of the first things that link says exactly that.
>'The land is our food, our culture, our spirit and identity'

You are saying the same things over and over and over and over again, how about you innovate a new argument? Literally everything you have said has been shut down and you judge your metric of good on technology, when their are many number of speices out there that have existed longer than we have without technology.

Just stop, you don't like Aboriginals, that's fine. That's a simple subjective opinion though and almost everything you have said has been factually wrong, or unable to be proven.

Let's just agree to disagree. At least I can say I am not ignorant though.

I am pretty sure dream stories and dream time are just dehydration-induced hallucinations.

Thats why they like sleeping in the road. It is hot.

>Somehow saying thweir culture and peoples are 'trash' becasue they stayed the same is bad is quite frankly, literally, retarded.

No. They are retarded. The phenomenon they represent is fascinating, though. Humans are evidently hardwired to innovate. That is why we see it in literally all cultures. A few uncontacted tribes are primitive as fuck, but they still show more advancement than Abos.

Abos got to australia. How? They floating on rot wood? Everywhere we look we see cultures that evolved, and advanced. The more isolated, the less they did so generally. But Abos never moved forwards.

Did they even know how to swim when they were discovered?

How much do you weigh?

Before or after I dump a load in your mother?

What relevance does that question have

Gators have been domesticated for meat, eggs, and leather. It's just basically impossible to train them for domestic work. Also dangerous.

They also eat meat, which means they compete with humans and dogs for meat. Cattle on the other hand eat grass which humans cannot eat, and therefore they are easy to domesticate since you lose nothing of value in the process.

The exact same amount of relevance as everything he said.

>Before or after I dump a load in your mother?
Fat people dodge the question.

>I would say, advancement in cultural sophistication and in technology show an advancement in people.
What is and what is not "advancement" is 100% subjective. Your arguments are based on opinions.

>
No. They are retarded. The phenomenon they represent is fascinating, though. Humans are evidently hardwired to innovate. That is why we see it in literally all cultures. A few uncontacted tribes are primitive as fuck, but they still show more advancement than Abos.
There is no evidence that the Sentilese even use fire, making them by your standards less "advanced" than abos, defeating your own argument. That's pretending that "advancement" isn't entirely subjective anyway.

Your entire argument is literally "I don't like them so they're stupid"

I think his argument is that abos are by all measurable scientific methods borderline mentally retarded.
Now you can accept that people smarter than us think this is true or continue to think with emotion and find an excuse for why abos aren't actually dumber than average because "insert excuse here."

To answer your question, if they did, perhaps it would be possible, but mega fauna died out for a reason, they were probably untamable, and nothing would be stopping the bits from getting super reptile elephants as well

Your an idiot. It's 2016 and I am still dumbstruck by the hate towards aboriginal people. Maybe if you white racist dogs took time out to understand my culture history and way of life you might learn something useful. We had art work, we didn't burn bush land for the fun of it. The IQ comment is unbelievable to say the least. Have you heard of David unaipon? The inventor of the shearing machine a centrifugal motor? And writer? He was also an aboriginal. We are not all petrol sniffing dole bludging drunks.

>domesticating reptiles

hmmm

>implying modern white people dont do similar stuff

Sounds like you need to open your mind to perspective mannn.

>implying it's accepted and even encouraged
Show me the village in Latvia where the split the boy's penis and have other men fuck it.

Chemical induced hallucinations maybe. But that's more like inspiration isn't it?

This is somewhat related, but Abos had some sick history regarding the Australian alps. But so do Europeans. That whole region is sick as a nut.

Yeah and Western civilization is too stupid to prevent climate change.

>implying it's accepted and even encouraged

no but its usually practiced by the rich and powerfull, the people who are in charge of our society
just because its not in the open dosent mean that is not as depraved, mabey even more so since it is coveted by the same people who govern us

But the point is that this was celebrated in aboriginal society. It was normal for mothers to masturbate their babies. It was encouraged and arguably socially mandated to feed your second born son to your first born. That's their culture, and I think it's sick that you're defending it.

well horses, bisons, auruchs, camels are huge and eat a shit load but were domesticated

abos alsovharvested ants, worms

big game hunting was the main way of humans for thousands of years

it wasnt until bisons, mammoths were hunted to extinction did humans transition to herding animals

as others said, abos reached equililbrium kangz were everywhere

>what are guns?
if the abos managed to drive them to extinction with spears, what makes you think the redcoats couldn't with gunpowder and swords?

Who the fuck said i was defending it,
im just trying to show you that western civilization aint as civilized as you think

>prevent climate change

do you have any theories for such a machine to stop climate changing, it would have been useful during the countless ice ages in the past

It is not our culture that article is a load of shit lol how do people believe that rubbish is beyond me

Burning bushland was smart because it improved hunting succes. I do not even known if there were even any potential suitable crops.

Papuans did go farming. From memory, which may be false, it is a really sustainable way too.

user, do you happen to know any good books on the culture of the Aboriginals in general (since there were different tribes). I am interested.