How many Veeky Forumstorians use Reddit? Just curious

How many Veeky Forumstorians use Reddit? Just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ShitRedditSays/comments/4hrg0i/hate_subreddit_of_the_day_rsubredditoftheday/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A majority, seeing as the majority here are leftist trash.

None of the based ones, that's for sure

Pretty vocal /pol/smoker minority then

There's probably like 9 or 10 who got lost on their way from r/history and like to complain about how we can't have a serious history thread ever

Yes but for videogames, definitely not for fucking history or politics.

This.

frankly, anyone who would identify as "left wing" or "right wing" belongs in the trash, and especially those who shitpost on Veeky Forums about how leftists hurt their wee feelings, the poor baby.

>right wingers get butthurt that being an edgelord is considered poor form on the history board
>the only possible explanation is that everyone who disagrees with them must be from Reddit
>nobody could every disagree with stormfags about anything
>after all, /r/Veeky Forums says that the whole site is /pol/, and that /pol/ is 100% neo-nazis!

Tbqh /pol/, /b/ and /tv/ are probably the boards on this site most overrun by redditors. If I had to guess, the least Reddit board would be something Reddit hates or is too obscure/absurdist for them to be interested in posting, so either /mlp/, /po/, or /s4s/.

See pic.
Most History subreddits are intolerable, but there's a handful of people that try to salvage them.

/pol/ has a huge overlap on Reddit. I don't know where this idea that they're all super-leftie Tumblrites comes from. If anything they're more alt-right than most of the internet.

I lurk a few subreddits but don't post

I've been browsing Veeky Forums for seven/eight years now and I'm thinking about trying out reddit.

There must be a few decent subreddits full of like, normal shut-ins like me. This place is starting to take itself too seriously in the worst way possible.

Its here. If you think Veeky Forums is bad, Reddit was designed from the ground up to enable circlejerks. It's much, much worse than Veeky Forums overall.

>Most accepted opinions are given the most prominence.
>Unpopular opinions are hidden.
>If your opinions are too unpopular (I.E. you have negative karma in a subreddit) the spam filter kicks in and your comments/submissions are given a HUGE post cooldown.
>The whole system rewards people for lowest-common-denominator content and overreacting.

The best you can do to mitigate that is stick to small subs, but the problem is ever-present.

>stick to small subs
Yeah I mean that's the plan.
Either that or hope lainchan picks up more traffic.

Veeky Forums used to be really good for snarky jokes, absurd/gross discoveries, and the occasional in-depth absurd discussion. It's hard to get any of those things anywhere now.

>snarky
You have been browsing reddit lol

>hard to get any of those things now

If you have Netflix, binge watch the entirety of the show whose mention violates a global rule, and join us over on /mlp/.

And I fou don't have Netflix then google yayponies and download that shit or watch on dailymotion.

snarky is a word mon, i can use it
>/mlp/
You autistic fucks ruined /co/, no way

Fuck reddit
Also fuck hard lefties but those people are too scared to actually come here and be called names. We have left leaning individuals and people playing Devil's advocate at worst.

I can never get what normies refer to when they say 'lefties'.

Do you mean Tumblrites or Marxists?

umbrella term for normie liberals and SJWs, really
Though I hate how much of a dirty word 'leftist' has become on here. This place has become such an alt-right safe haven

Veeky Forums was pretty centrist (it's always been racist, but pretty harmless racism)

Ideally none. They aren't welcome here.

THIS

I regularly lurk one particular subreddit dedicated to a particular collection of current events. It seems to be pretty well moderated to keep reddit "culture" out of it. I never post, because I have no idea how their posting system works, as I have no interest in the site apart from this particular niche board.

I have no idea whether stuff like are reflective of the site as a whole, and I have no interest in finding out.

askhistorians is usually quality and I learn something new every time I visit

badhistory can go straight to hell though

>I've asked him why he doesn't browse the actual site but he says he doesn't want to "wade through the shit to get too the good stuff"

i swear these people will be the ones planting the seeds to mankinds destruction
they're the to humanity like fast food is to gastronomy

this one guy called fernando pessoa wrote something like this a few decades ago - he's dead and he never saw the dawn of internet but he was stop on about it:
>"In today's life, the world belongs only to the stupid, insensitive and agitated. The right to live and triumph is today conquered by almost the same processes that one conquers his internment in a madhouse: the inability to think, amorality and hyperarousal."

and yes, i used food analogy and yes, i mad and if you couldn't read the whole thing to its end because you can't focus your attention in a couple of words for more than 30 seconds, then i'm talking exactly to you; i know where you live and i will eventually get you while you sleep.

>askhistorians is usually quality and I learn something new every time I visit
It really is preddy gud

askhistorians is an over moderated wasteland that is populated by undergrads and enthusiasts roleplaying PhDs and always defaults to the most PC, safe, and mainstream answer when a question is anwered at all.

If it works for you then I guess that's great but in my experience it's way overrated and a tragic waste of potential.

Hard left has gone so hard left politically and have come full circle back to authoritarianism.
Frankly I find authoritarian leftist worse than authoritarian rights because unlike the right, the left believes their tyranny to be morally correct and for the greater good. The greater good has killed more humans than anything else in history.

I don't dislike the left any more than I dislike the right. What I do dislike are hard liners in general. Nothing is black and white, if you don't have both right and left political ideas you're brainwashed or a simpleton.

And I don't mean you have to be 50/50, even a 5/95 split is fine, but anyone that aligns 100% to a political alignment is simply not a long thinking, rational human being.

>people doing what they think is right has killed more humans than anything else

Wow, it's almost like if you try to do something and clearly have bad intentions, people won't listen to you, and if anyone dies it will just be you

I don't mind the heavy moderation, it ensures a higher level of quality than would exist otherwise. So long as you can provide reputable sources to defend a controversial stance they'll leave it up.

The "pc, safe, and mainstream answer" bit is true for the most-upvoted answers but that's kinda expected for any group of academic-minded people.

Honestly, it's not representative, but /pol/acks need a boogeyman when it's not serious enough to blame the joos

It's almost like they're cherrypicking the worst autists despite this site being chock full of autism too

Not quite in such simplistic terms. But yes genocide has always been justified in the eyes of the genocider, wars were always given a casus beli usually either to destroy the heretics or to reestablish the divine rule of king x over country y.
Most people don't kill cause they know it's bad they just find ways to explain how they were doing the right thing by killing bad people.
Now that religion is falling out of style harder than ever people are mutdering by the millions for the greater good.

Hardliners are a blight upon civilization.

I lurk AskReddit and TIL when I'm bored but don't want to go on Veeky Forums

I also use Reddit as a saltmine whenever there is an election or happening

>it's just /pol/ who hates reddit
Hello r*ddit, hows your second day here?

Good job putting words in my mouth, but it's pretty obvious that /pol/ is by far the most concerned about "muh leddit lefties ruinin muh board"

I do, although not for anything related to history or humanities, I mostly visit the tabletop gaming subreddits.

this, I've ventured over there a few times and never learned anything. I'd rather just read a book by an actual, not internet historian. Some of the medieval "historians" are a fucking joke.

I look at the TES subreddit a lot

>lainchan

I've visited that one a few times, but I couldn't find much to do there, any tips of what I could do?

I do.

I see a lot of people here compalin about how Reddit isn't good for discussion and its not, but thats not really why I use reddit. I mostly use reddit for the memes and a few video game subs because /v/ and Veeky Forums are shit. To be honest though the discussion here isn't much better ( you guys literally complain about how bad it is all the time) and the memes are equally shitty.

If I had to make an analogy, Reddit is like Veeky Forums's little brother. Reddit wants to be like Veeky Forums, while still trying to be its own thing . Veeky Forums resents Reddit for this and tries to distance itself from Reddit as much as possible. And so they "hate" eachother, just like brothers would. Veeky Forums also spends an awful lot of time talking about how much they hate Reddit despite Reddit having almost no effect on them in reality.

People just like to get mad at things and complain and thats true for the entire internet and even real life. Watch, I bet someone gets mad at this post for some reason. You people need to stop carinng so much about inconsequential things

>I don't know where this idea that they're all super-leftie Tumblrites comes from. If anything they're more alt-right than most of the internet.

This.

Reddit is constantly on about "MUH TRIGGERED" and "LE SJWS"

>the left believes their tyranny to be morally correct and for the greater good.

What the fuck? So does the right.

Do you think rightist dictators and military regimes just said 'lol haha let's commit mass murders and butcher millions for fun it'll be hilarious lok"

Every history or humanities subreddit (and really every subreddit in general, but particularly those, because most people realize they don't know jack shit about physics or medicine, but for some reason feel absolutely qualified to speak on history/economics/etc.) is a testament to why such over-moderation is necessary. Otherwise it becomes filled with retards making dumbass jokes and puns or unironically posting shit like le invade russiain winter meme.

You're right that views deviating very far from the academic mainstream are treated a bit unfairly but it's kind of worth it.

liar, liar

Tumblrites.

I call Marxists tankies

flaired user answers on /r/askhistorians are like the only thing worth reading on plebbit

As far as I know it was other Communists that invented the word tankie to insult hardline USSR loyalists/Stalinists.

I don't know what this is supposed to prove. 1000 upvotes isn't even that much for a big subreddit and gold just takes one asshole willing to spend a couple bucks.

Anyway, there are a few stereotypical SJWs subs on reddit dedicated to complaining about right-wing/non-politically correct comments on the website. Check those out if you want to see a lot of right wing stuff gets upvoted too.

I'll admit I'm a /pol/ tard
I started browsing reddit when the /r/ the Donald or whatever came up
I hardly ever post there and only browse the site when I can't find shit here

I tried to browse reddit to burn time at work because my boss is cool with it. The upvote system ensures a disgusting echo chamber. It's not worth the effort.

Even if you are Trump's most ardent supporter /r/the_Donald is pure cancer.

this desu.

zero actual discussion about his policies. just filled with memes and random videos

I use reddit to look at mainstream stuff since I don't have a Jewbook.
Also The_Donald is pretty fun to browse and then watch the others react to their shitposting.

I browse Reddit actively, every day. But I started on Veeky Forums.
I don't use Veeky Forums that often, though. But can have some interesting discussions.

I've seen people from shitredditsays say they find Veeky Forums pretty good, so I'm not the only person who uses both, I know.

>I've seen people from shitredditsays say they find Veeky Forums pretty good

I guarantee you haven't seen that and that this is bait.

>1000 upvotes isn't even that much for a big subreddit and gold just takes one asshole willing to spend a couple bucks.

The most upvoted comment ever is I think one of Obama's which has 6000. This has 1/6th of that.

And all of those right wing comments reach like 200,300 max

great response

It may have been srsdiscussion but from one of those subs, I know I've seen it. May only have been one person, though. They said /pol/ was awful, but Veeky Forums could be pretty good.

Found it
>There are boards on Veeky Forums that are more pleasant to browse than reddit (most notably /po/, the origami board, and Veeky Forums, the humanities board). Reddit has always been kind of shitty, but it's really just taken off recently.
There's also some talk about Veeky Forums.

reddit.com/r/ShitRedditSays/comments/4hrg0i/hate_subreddit_of_the_day_rsubredditoftheday/

The only thing I check there.
It's a little ridicolous how the mods copypaste a giant wall of text every time it comes to topics that may touch holocaust or some other controversial thing.

>mfw based /pol/lacks driving out redditors

Pre-/tv/ descent into shitposting

Post /tv/ descent into shitposting

Who is t/his/?

>redditors have terrible taste in tv shows and boards