How historically accurate is the bible? Is it true one of Solomon's bastard kids became an Ethiopian king?

How historically accurate is the bible? Is it true one of Solomon's bastard kids became an Ethiopian king?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

infallible

Go away Luther.

Utterly faultless.

no and that stupid claim isn't in the bible

>How historically accurate is the bible?

Completely inaccurate.

>how accurate is the literal word of god

100%

>Is it true one of Solomon's bastard kids became an Ethiopian king?
Possibly.

Ethiopian tradition holds that Menelik I (c. 950 BC) was the son of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

Rastafarians believe that Emperor Haile Selassie I (1892 –1975 reigned 1930-74) of Ethiopia was a messianic figure, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah and King of Kings and Elect of God, and a direct descendant of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

>pic Selassie in 1969

>literal
So not metaphorically? At all?

>Possibly
Translation: very, very, very unlikely.

>So not metaphorically? At all?

No. Why would it be? Nobody talked about this "metaphor" shit until liberals started convincing people parts of it weren't true.

Were Augustine of Hippo and John Scotus Eriugena liberals? :^)

Literally yes.

It's an extremely useful source for Judean history, but not a reliable narrative at all, especially when concerning pre-7th century periods. It's filled with anachronisms and inaccuracies. Here's a good place to start: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed

>Is it true one of Solomon's bastard kids became an Ethiopian king?
No, that's a myth developed to add legitimacy to the Solomonic dynasty (founded 1270 AD), probably based on earlier legends from Zagwe and Aksumite times. It has no basis in reality.

The man had hundreds of wives and hundreds of concubines and was filthy rich. He may not be Genghis Khan, but he must have had thousands of offspring.

Who listens to liberals?

As always, the "inconsistencies" will prove the bible to be inerrant. When you see it happen hundreds of times, it becomes boring.

Oh, hey, another idiot who said the bible is wrong is proven to be an idiot.

>t. English to English translator

Very. It is the one single source that most history is based of.
And most intelligent people on the planet believe that everything written in it is literal truth, with the rest thinking its metaphorical truth, based on a literal historical event.

>The Solomonic dynasty: founded 1270 AD
No, that's another myth developed to add legitimacy to the video game Age of Empires. It has no basis in reality.

Nigga the whole person Solomon is contested for being authentic

are you retarded? that was an actual dynasty in Ethiopia. sure it almost definitely wasn't Solomonic but because of that claim that's what we call it

>arguing with rusemen

Can you even read? The solomonic dynasty existed and ruled Ethiopia as far back as the 9th or 10th centuries.

>I don't understand this discussion
>definitely the work of a ruseman

>Augustine wasn't a liberal

I like this meme.

It is meant to be looked at as an ideological message on how humanity should interact with one another, the God part is only there to give weak minded people a reason.

So we are supposed to slaughter the Midianites and take whatever land we want by killing the indigenous peoples. I guess it worked as a great guide for "settlers".

Maccabees I kind of is and then the rest of it isn't