Would Germany have the economic resources to fight a war with Russia in the day and age?

Would Germany have the economic resources to fight a war with Russia in the day and age?

No and they didn't in WW2

no

no.

No

NO

>tfw the Russians are online

Absolutely not, NO

Why must you ask such retarded questions?

No

Today? Doesn't matter. No.

If today then especially no, because nukes.

If they have a decade or so for a massive military buildup then yes. They have the industry and the manpower, just not the military.

>They have the industry and the manpower
Both are weaker than russia

They could outspend the Russians, that's for sure. But like said, they don't have the military capacity. In the end, it would be all about causus belli. If the Russians started a conventional war in Europe, Germany and NATO would steamroll them. If for some reason, Germany chimped out again and started a war, they'd be isolated and get crushed.

I'll go against the grain by saying yes.

Russia is broke as fuck, they don't have the diplomatic capital or the economy to go to war with any major European state.

Wasn't (Isn't) the general NATO defence plan in case of Russian aggression to retreat towards the Rhine (or some other river), let them overstretch and then pick them apart?

Doesn't matter they're basically ruling Europe through economics now

You'd have to disregard nukes and alliances(NATO). Which are the reason there won't be another European war.
Germany would get steamrolled without a serious preparation period since Russia's standing army is way bigger, though Germany is arguably more advanced. I think ik would come down to manpower and not industrial capacity. If both countries went into a state of total war I'm sure they could arm their entire country over the course of the war. But manpower wise Russia has the edge of course.

Germany can't have more than 370k military personnel, its still an occupied state basically.

First reply, best reply.

Germany YES

FICKI FICKI

Germany, YES

russia's industry and economy is a big mess

>i've never been to germany before and take all my knowledge from /pol/

What a waste of qt.

>Which are the reason there won't be another European war.

yeah I like that fantasy too.

Why do people feel so arrogant that war, CONVENTIONAL war, will never, ever, happen in europe ever again?

Its the height of hubris im tellin' ya.

Besides, If projections are correct, there will be war in europe, a race war whereupon i predict another nation would 'interviene' for whatever reason.

So there you go, 'war in our time' fuckers.

>manpower
>Germany
lel

>Besides, If projections are correct, there will be war in europe, a race war whereupon i predict another nation would 'interviene' for whatever reason
sounds legite as fck. are you teeaching history broß

>t. Slavaboos
Russia can't even deal with Ukraine.

No.

go ahead and take a look if you dont belive me.

Seriously, Your gonna end up with enclave's that eventually burst and attack one another, becoming more violent at one another unless someone more powerful helps/subjegates them both.

Anyway, your ignoring the most important point im trying to make: why are people so cocky about the notion of war in there time and region? is it like laughing when your afraid or something? Too baffling for them?

>manpower
What are you talking about?
We don't even have any Wehrpflicht anymore

they don't have the balls we spent generations telling them if they ever engaged in anything more than a bar brawl they were evil

do you honestly think, that in all seriousness, that Russia is throwing their entire military/industrial might at Ukraine?

There was barely any effort on the side of Russian armed force and Crimea still fell within 100 hours.

not even a slavaboo, but Ukraine can't even deal with rebels who are wielding 40 year old surplus rifles and tanks.

Invading the USSR was actually a really feasible and realistic idea at the time. Considering Stalin had all his generals purged by the time.

Are you mentally retarded?

It's not being cocky retard its using your brain.

You fucking think Russia is excited about fighting all of Europe and then some? You think Germany wants to make the march to Moscow?

Not to even mention nukes, it's just fucking stupid.

Does Russia start shit? If so, NATO nukes the shit out of Moscow and is administered under a horribly inept government set up by NATO and the UN.

Does Germany start shit? Sanctions universally applied to Germany, the West allows Russia to roll back into Germany and crush their shit yet probably doesn't join unless Germany somehow acquires a nuclear weapon. If Russia uses a nuclear weapon without American/EU/British approval, the West applies even heavier sanctions on Russia and potentially gets involved.

No nukes would be used on Moscow, because nukes would be flown right back to London and Washington.

The West would also not even let Russia breathe in Western Europe. Allowing them to not only get a foot into Western Europe but establish hegemony over the entire eastern region would be suicidal.

/thread

Today a German-Russian war wouldn't last 2 days.