>must have reliable transportation vehicle
>$9.00/hr
>20 hours a week

Tell me this isn't modern day slavery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct1Moeaa-W8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This isn't modern day slavery.

especially when a job pays 11.25/hr and requires 2 years of experience. might as well kill myself at that point.

It makes going to college a hell of a lot easier. People literally throw monies at you.

Dream big

Canada? kek

>learn programming as a hobby in high school
>know a business consultant who introduces you to small businesses and other consultants
>make $30/hr starting out as a freelance web/app developer with no degree
>planning to advance to $50/hr by the end of the year
Get on my level, which is really not all that impressive of a level because web development is easy as shit. Only real obstacle is finding clients.

I just got a stable job (50k/year) doing exactly what I want to do, but, I had to basically sink all of my wealth (80%) into a home (no rental joints out in the bush). It may end up costing me in the end, but, eh, if I stick around for 10 years and get a few raises, it will be worth it. I still have 50 grand and my wife got a job making about 30 a year, but, I hate sinking that much into a fuckin home, I feel they're just too volatile and uncertain. But you know, it's not really an investment, it's a place to live and not have to put up with gay landlords or something.

>i make $30/hr
>i work 5 hours a week

What did you have in your portfolio?

>not required to work from sun up to sun down every day of the week all year long
>qualifications needed: ability to stand up and smile
>you also have to get yourself here like every adult in the world
>make 18% more than the MEDIAN Chinese income and 34x the median income of a citizen of Burundi
>Pay no income taxes on the money
It's not modern day slavery.

>some people have it worse so its okay that you are getting fucked because the dick is smaller
>muh business owner has all the risk so he deserves a ferrari even though he was born into money and just manages not to completely self destruct his business = success

Sounds good, do your clients usually accept straight away or what. Like what do you say to them, "having a website will give your company a place in 2016". That type of thing?

>even though HE was born into money
How do you know that
A) the Veeky Forumsness owner is male
and
B) That they were born into money

>>muh business owner has all the risk so he deserves a ferrari even though he was born into money and just manages not to completely self destruct his business = success

How else would you have it?

The government telling people how to run their businesses?

Because all business owners are evil WHITE, CIS, MEN.

#OcuppyWallst
#FeelTheBern

>small loan of 1 million dollars

a livable minimum wage would be a cool start

Anything under $12hr is literally unliveable in 2016.

Raise the min wage already.

>a livable minimum wage would be a cool start

What do you define a livable wage?

And what happens if when businesses are forced to pay this higher wage, they instead hire less employees and lay a lot of people off?

>Raise the min wage already.

What if I told you that raising the minimum wage is actually harmful to the most vulnerable people of the workforce, the Minimum wage workers (and thus the "lower class")?

$12/hr is godly here. you need a bachelors to get anything more than $10-11

(min wage $7.25)

i would tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about and your beliefs are rooted in classist pseudo science and hatred for the lower class

"there is no way that rich people could be less rich thats fucking impossible enjoy your scraps faggot"

>$24k/yr is godly

No you unskilled loser, you can easily make more than that with a job in a warehouse or as a server.

>i would tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about and your beliefs are rooted in classist pseudo science and hatred for the lower class

>Hatred
It has nothing to do with hatred, you just don't understand economics.(quite clear why you're poor the more you post)

Watch this simply video:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ct1Moeaa-W8

less employees making more money > more employees making less money

upper class would rather see millions of immigrants and poor fucks shitting in the streets for $3/hr than someone that can pay their bills

warehouse -> $8-9/hr tops

server -> good luck if you don't have tits/even if you have tits you are probably only getting scheduled ~20hrs a week

Liveable means a person can afford the most basic elements of life in that particular society.

Guess I just got lucky because I've gotten paid more than that while saving for college and I had no remarkable skills.

>less employees making more money > more employees making less money

What? How is fewer employees making a bit more money make up for higher unemployment? Watch the video I linked you retarded poorfag. It's like 4 minutes long, don't be as lazy as you are in your regular life and watch it

>Liveable means a person can afford the most basic elements of life in that particular society.

How much should it be?

$15/hr for mcdonalds workers who flip burgers like those black people were protesting about a while back I recall?

>free to choose if you want to take said job or not
>somehow that's slavery

Not having the latest iPhone when it comes is LITERALLY slavery

The minimum wage should be raised to at least $50/hr, those rich wallstreet bourgeois scum can pay for it, they're making millions in bonuses or something

god the fucking strawman is so fucking strong

>he said minimum wage should go up so he means fast food is worth $15/hr

how the fuck someone digging fucking ditches or unloading trucks in 100 degree heat for $8/hr asking for $10/hr always turns into "them smelly lazy niggers want $15/hr for fastfood"

its not just fastfood. EVERYTHING is underpaid. 9/10 of my friends with bachelors degrees are making fucking ~$30,000/yr and without one you are worth $20,000 at best.

and from a little fuck boy who lives with his parents and is "saving for school" too. come back in a few years when you move out of your mommies basement

globalization was a fucking failure and has destroyed the value on labor in the united states

>starve and be homeless or get underpaid for your time

"choices"

the irony is that most people are well aware that minimum wage is much more than enough (in america) because nearly all careers start there, or at least we've worked min wage in high school/college.

why do poorfags believe they are fooling anyone when they say shit like this?

guess what happens to your quality of life every time we raised wage? you buy some trivial consumable or a slightly nicer car, and do fuck all with your life again.

>EVERYTHING is underpaid

Things can't be underpaid. The market decided that is how much their labor is worth.

>9/10 of my friends with bachelors degrees are making fucking ~$30,000/yr and without one you are worth $20,000 at best.

What school, what degree, what GPA, did they network whatsoever? Did any of them do a single internship during all 4 years of college?
>inb4 no

>come back in a few years when you move out of your mommies basement

I am going to college right now and working a job, pretty comfy actually. Making a lot more than you or your friends and in comfier conditions too. Stay poor

>globalization was a fucking failure and has destroyed the value on labor in the united states
Only if you're easily replaceable.

If "Pajeet" or an illegal immigrant if replacing you i think the issue might be within you being so worthless you can get replaced by someone like that.

>how the fuck someone digging fucking ditches or unloading trucks in 100 degree heat

Oh yeah maybe you should have built some sort of skillset instead of digging ditches or unloading trucks. That's a job for an illegal immigrant from a poor shithole who can't even speak the language. In all likelihood your family has been here for at least two generations and you're STILL poor?

>everyone is either going to be a bigshot buidness man like me or die in the street with pajeet

yeah all the unpaid internships my friends did really paid off... they totally weren't scams at all... totally nailed them high paying jobs right out of school (nope)

>im saving for school
>im actually in school

get your story straight boy

>get underpaid

How do you expect to be paid more than you make for the company? Why even hire you in the first place?

holy fucking shit i make 100 fold what the company pays me.

nigger felon tyrone has been on smoke breaks all night and gets paid the same shit.

if i ask for a pay raise you will fire me and hire another nigger who will steal from you and cause you a massive loss in productivity but you don't care because you suck at running a business and just seek to drive labor costs down even at a loss in productivity.

no matter how poorly you manage the shit though you still show a profit because of how hard you rape the employees and your boss gives you another raise and a parking spot closer to the building.

>>im saving for school
>>im actually in school
>get your story straight boy

I said WHEN I was saving for school(not too long ago), you retarded poorfag. PAST-TENSE, I guess the correlation between low intelligence and being poor really is true...

I'm sorry but Bernie is out of the race, it's not going to change. Your communist revolution has been stopped in its tracks with his endorsement of hillary clinton.

There's both supply and demand. When supply is high we say the price of something is "cheap" so I can relate that to being "underpaid". At some point it's so low it's not worth it to supply the product. You can't have such an oversupply of labor and expect people to still work.

>Keeps using racial slurs

It's quite clear you're from /pol/, try going back there. This isn't a board for racist losers

Of course, that's how markets work.

There's a reason McDonalds workers don't get paid nearly as much as say, a garbage man.

>i know how markets work

Keep "slaving" away senpai

tell me more about how you are gonna get your own apartment after your trump coins are worth $3000

That's more likely to be you or people who share your viewpoint

>implying

Boy you guys sure are reaping the benefits of competeing with Mexicans and punjabs for wages.

How subhuman do you have to be to get outcompeted by someone who can't even speak the language nor has even lived in the country for over a year?

dont worry user those jobs they took and devalued were things you wouldnt have wanted to do anyways

enjoy working at starbucks for $9/hr its a really good job!

This is a board for business and finance, no one here works those kinds of jobs. You might be looking for /pol/ or /r9k/.

>live 20 deep in a house together
>work for $5/hr

its pretty easy for them to outcompete us user

You don't have to speak the language to press buttons on a machine or dig a ditch you facetious moron.
Them lowering the pay on said jobs erodes your bargaining power at other jobs - now you can't go and dig ditches for $20/hr so why would Starbucks offer you more to ensure they're your best option? They won't.

>its pretty easy for them to outcompete us user

But why don't you have any skills?

This is why you develop a skillset, go to college or start a business.

>people here work

and the guy digging the ditch is making 50% less but somehow the price to dig the ditch stays the same...

capitalism is great

i wanna open a restaurant. im a really good chef.

wanna loan me $5 million dollars?

If you hate capitalism why are you even here?

go flip burgers and cry about "niggers and jews" on pol or something

if you were any good right now is probably the easiest time in history to get money for a business

>"The requirements for this job do not fit me at all."
>"Hey, I have an idea. Im going to tell them I am not interested, and apply to a different job!"

>get a STEM degree
>lose your job to a pajeet willing to work for nothing

That doesn't happen you retarded fuck

>work as an EMT
>operate an emergency vehicle
>make life or death medical decisions
>deal with human garbage on a daily basis
>get attacked by drug addicts
>get spit on/pissed on/shat on by drunks
>carry joe or jane fatass down 4 flights of stairs
>paid $11.60 an hour

>firefightsers in my city make $71,000 a year starting
>there have been 4 fires so far this year

EMS is paid poorly because its a transitory industry, just a stepping stone for people to get their start. But its a transitory industry because its paid poorly. I'm trying to move over to the police myself, talk about a catch-22.

the restaurant i work at right now took a group of 10 upper class guys to leverage everything they owned on like 8 million dollars worth of loans to buy/develop an existing property downtown

>easy to do

poor people don't get million dollar loans user

$11.60 /hr? fucking overpaid we need more mexican EMTs

>poor people
>good at cooking
don't make me laugh. anyway, the last thing you would want to do as a poor fucking idiot who is clearly worthless to the world is to own a big restaurant suddenly with a massive debt. fuck you. go learn under someone who is actually good at cooking and make something of yourself first.

>This is the average trump supporter

top kek

you dont know much about the restaurant biz user

almost everyone i work with went to culinary school and accumulated tens of thousands of dollars of debt for a $10-12/hr job

kitchen managers work 70-80 hours a week for like 35,000/yr and have been doing it for decades

also historically poor people are the best cooks because they actually have to cook food instead of paying schmucks to do it for them

>Going to culinary school

There's the first mistake.

What the fuck do they teach you there? How to saute some onions?

what frustrates me is that there people I work with who talk shit about the fast food workers pushing for a $15 wage saying why do they think they deserve that money when we do so much more than them.

Yes we do more than them, and yes we deserve to be paid more than we currently are but why does that mean other workers should be paid less? Point your anger at the people who control the whole pie rather than those who have a couple more crumbs than you.

Besides even if I put my personal feelings on the matter aside, they were out on the streets campaigning for this for YEARS. So far be it from me as a fellow member of labor to say they don't deserve anything they were able to wring from management.

yes user thats all there is to learn about cooking

were your chicken tendies good tonight? did mommy cook them right? i hope she didnt try to make you eat those yucky vegetables again

its pretty easy for the elites to get the lower class fighting amongst themselves instead of looking at the bigger issues and coming together

#BLM

What country do you live in that you can't get gov. assistance on a min wage salary?

>i work with some losers, therefore i know everything about this business
>poor people best in biz how irony is that!

my point said nothing about every cook on the planet making millions of dollars. i said if you were good, people would hand you cash right now to open a place up in any number of growing cities. good doesn't mean you went to school, dummy, it means you have auctioned off dinners or presented at shows and had big shots love your shit consistently. if you want to circumvent this shit, go back to school to become a "good" businessman, work a real job so that you're not poor anymore, and then open up your restaurant.

i dont make min wage. i make just enough to pay my bills and take a vacation once a year like a good goy.

you have no clue what you are talking about

99% of chefs dont make shit. they are a disposable piece of the machine that is the kitchen run by some faggot that sits at home and counts his money.

the only ones that do make money its off their image moreso than their talent and they are just pseudo celebrities

the same people who complain about minimum wage are the same people who don't live with roommates, have a smartphone with a major mobile service (at&t, t-mobile, etc), have cable tv, and buy other useless shit that drains their paychecks.

i know someone who just bought the new nexus phone and complained about the price. Meanwhile I told him about metropcs being way cheaper ($35 a month), only catch is texts dont go through sometimes and no galaxy/iphone as an option at teh store. He goes "nah, i need my texts"

you need food, you need running water. You even need phonecalls for job interviews and such. "something that requires you to only use 2 thumbs is not important" - forgot which comedian said that

nice anecdote, but your friend being a dumbshit does not mean minimum wage should not be raised

>be happy with your dirty water flynt michigan
>you are lucky you even have running water
>the fatcats need their raises again

>every restaurant owner just sits at home counting money
don't forget smoking cigars at the playboy mansion while jetskiing on a helicopter twice a week.

chefs don't make shit if they are shit. but it is definitely a career driven by passion more than financial reward.

the worst owners ive seen are the ones that try to micro manage the buisness

the best are the ones that just sit at home and count their money

either way they would be more successful/make more if they actually valued their employees, paid to keep good cooks and didnt try to grind them into the dirt

its insane the turnover rate/inefficiency every kitchen deals with instead of just paying people a couple more bucks an hour. they could pay employees more and still make more money but instead they try to minimize labor costs and end up pissing some guy off that walks out the door with $300 worth of meat burning on the grill

You don't need to spend money on culinary school to know how to cook

It's as simple as literally following a recipe online

but it does mean the protesters are making false claims and simply whining about things that ultimately make no difference to them. the whole joke is that a company, not a real cause, is the reason people are just rambling in the streets about the entire fucking government and economy of a country, rather than solving a problem of one industry/market or another if one exists.

people like this are just consumers of media and a statistic for ad agencies. they will bounce between one subject and another always fantasizing about oppression and privilege in a context that does as much as telling your friends the features of the new iphone.

>oppression and privilege are fantasy

whew

>inefficiency
>every kitchen
i'm really struggling with the idea that every poor kid who just got out of school thinks they have a better business strategy than everyone in their field, but just doesn't have the opportunity to execute it.

especially since there are national and global competitions and recruitment efforts just for people in that situation that generally don't turn up much.

you're not a good cook and if you don't like the culture in your industry, fuck off.

I see oppression and privilige every time I step outside of the door.

That's why I stay indoors, on Veeky Forums, all day long.

>people can't fantasize about something that exists
>#triggered because his entire life of telling people to wake up and check their privilege has been trivialized

that's not unique to restaurants unfortunately, its a frustration in a lot of businesses. I'm the EMS guy from before and I see it constantly in my job. I work for a private agency that does the 911 response in the cities immediately north of NYC. Almost everyone who works for my company (including me) has applied to work as an EMT with the FDNY which does 911s in the city. For me, and for most others, we prefer working in the smaller communities outside of the city as most of us live up here, its significantly more relaxed, and for lack of a better word comfier. But going into the city would be approximately a $4/hr pay increase, and a massive step up in terms of benefits for what is only a slightly harder job.

There's a 2 year waitlist on that job, so every three months when the FDNY has another academy class we lose more of our experienced guys, replaced with raw rookies. If they paid just a few dollars more the amount of defections would drop like a rock, and the level of patient care would skyrocket.

But no, that would cut into my boss' yacht money. His fucking Jag's license plate is out2sea.

YEAH! $15/HR MINIMUM, NO $30. FUCK IT WHY NOT JUST PAY EVERYONE ONE-HUNDRED DOLLARS AN HOUR?

Those fatcat billionaires can definitely afford to pay for it

>>must have reliable transportation vehicle
This is discrimination

it should be abolished. if you don't like the wage, then don't fucking work there pleb

it doesnt help when the management is a bunch of white color fuck boys who act like you

instead of taking any kind of constructive criticism they act like they already know the answer in a field they have absolutely no experience in/couldnt perform the job of an employee making a fraction of their salary

if they paid a few dollars more, the fellows in the city would do the same most likely if it made a difference to get those experienced cucks. stick to what you know, little guy.

lol

god forbid that happened. gotta keep those plebs in their fucking place. gonna get all uppity and shit when they got a little pocket money.

No I'm not sure I agree with that, I think the reason its become a government issue is because of inaction from management of those businesses. Its only a matter of time until labor action of that magnitude is going to attract the attention of left leaning politicians who either are genuinely pro-labor or like my governor Andrew Cuomo (excuse my cynicism) see an opportunity to jump in and make a name for themselves once the issue has already been established by the hard work of community organizers and labor leaders.

I'm a pretty pro-labor guy if you couldn't tell, but not exclusively so. I know that jobs only exist when labor management and capital all work together. So now that $15 min/wage is coming to NYC I'll be interested to see what effects it really has, positive and negative. If it does turn out to have been a mistake and many businesses are forced to close I wont be too proud to admit it.

>mfw

>constructive criticism
>PAY ME MORE IM GOOD WAAAAAA YOU JUST COUNT MONEY ALL DAY WAA REEEEEEEE I HAVE A BETTER IDEA THAN YOU!

if the management is shit then the restaurant is shit. go find a decent one or genuinely talk with your management about making shit better. your behavior is exactly the reason you're being paid and treated like a dog, not the other way around.

it's not about white collar fuckbois, it's about the unfortunate vast majority of people who are assholes, with or without money. if you want respect and a good wage, earn it you fucking dick. it might not be fair but you have a whole lifetime to do something with yourself beyond complaining. if people acted like me and knew what you thought, you wouldn't even have a job.

if you had a point to make I didn't get it

labor costs are ~10% for most businesses

god forbid the stockholders took a 1% hit so the employees could pay rent though. better to give the manager a $10,000 bonus to tell Jim to clock out 15 minutes earlier every night and save the company $2.50

even with shit management they print money. enjoy your $11 glass of wine bigboy.

>constructive criticism
>>PAY ME MORE IM GOOD WAAAAAA YOU JUST COUNT MONEY ALL DAY WAA REEEEEEEE I HAVE A BETTER IDEA THAN YOU!
when you strawman this hard no one is going to bother reading what you wrote afterwards, I know I didn't

can you talk like an adult please?