You're a hollywood actor who just got paid 5 million for a role. What do you do with it so you never have to work again

You're a hollywood actor who just got paid 5 million for a role. What do you do with it so you never have to work again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eikbQPldhPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Three words: oversees tax structure

Buy a house in Barbados for 1-2 million. Probably keep a few 100k for living expenses and fun money. The rest into the market, allocation depending on my age.

Proceed to live there until I die.

Ez

>getting paid 5 mill for a role
>implying I won't accept more high paying roles

Acting is not even that difficult, just memorization and maybe exercise

People will act for free as a hobby

Protip: actors that make it to the top, genuinely enjoy acting and will continue to do it no matter how rich they get.

gr8 b8

David Cross

Enjoy after-tax payment of 2.8m - buy 2m house and keep 200k for living and fun... and invest 600k in market?

I don't like your chances never working again.

how do i become the next robert downey jr :(?

Invest in a high-yield and high-quality diversified bond fund. $5 million would get you at least $100,000/year in low risk income for as long as you want

oh and make sure it's municipal, municipal bonds are tax-free

What I don't get is that alot of these world-famous actors are only worth 5-20 million.

So you've got zero privacy, the news reports on how many times you took a poop today, you get harassed everywhere you go and can never relax all for the salary of a moderately successful banker.

Buy an annuity to pay for your "basic monthly lifestyle expenses" then invest in managers, publicists and acting lessons to get your next big role.

How much do you think bankers actually make? Just curious. I work in DCM as a MD and only take home about $320,000 after taxes in salary. Options and commission bring it to just under $600k though.

Donate 50+% to the government or they will throw you in jail, firstly.

And there's more things you can do than retire and spend your money like a nigger. I hear somolia has a massive mercenary industry and that sounds pretty fun.

lots of cocaine

Someone who makes a million dollars a year after taxes is posting on Veeky Forums.
Holy shit

starving artist here, can u let me borrow 10k to be paid in 5 years? no banks will let me borrow that much

Put 5 million in the SPY.
Sell 2400 covered calls a year.
Make 1.5 mil a year and do whatever the fuck I want with the remaining 364 days a year.

Marlon Brando

well brando loved it but got bored of it.

>5million for a role
>take 25% off for your agent
>10% for your lawyer
>10% for your accountant
>5-15% for your publicist
Actors get fucked in these situations.

>% for your lawyer
% for your accountant
-15% for your publicist
they don't get percentages of your earnings you pay them their wage and that's it

plus most actors don' have a publicist or an accountant

t. actor

The big ones do. After making seven figures a year you need an accountant to help you manage your accounts.

It's even worse if you think than a banker will spend his money how he wants it and if he has a family he will invest towards even more financial security, while an actor is compelled to blow up his money on useless luxury to mantain his status, 20 mil aren't a lot if you have to spend millions on houses cars and five star hotels.

Why won't banks let you borrow $10,000usd? Is it because you have a history of accumulating debt and becoming delinquent on it therefore signaling that you are a rather risky person to lend to? Or is it because you don't have a job and refuse to do what it takes to get yourself out of your current situation and improve your quality of life before you try to become an "artist"?

bump

Go back to my city of Vancouver, Canada
Buy myself a piece of land for I dunno 2.5 million dollars. Build a new house for 600k or so (which would turn my 3.1 million dollar investment into a minimum 900k profit). With the remaining cash, buy a 2 bedroom/2bathroom higher end condo for maybe 1.3 million and rent it out for $6000/month, as well as a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom which I would rent out for $2000.

After all taxes and maintenance fees are paid off I'd probably be looking at a 55-60k total profit/year which is more than enough to live comfortably.

>tl;dr real estate

> You're a hollywood actor who just got paid 5 million for a role. What do you do with it so you never have to work again
put it in a savings account, if im gonna live another 50 years thats $50,000 a year

If we're talking about normal people, maybe it would be fair to consider it bait (or a stupid opinion), but if we're talking about an actor who already got paid 5m at least once, then it wouldn't be that hard for him to get other roles and perform them relatively easily.

I mean, if you're at the point where you get paid this much, I imagine acting won't be that hard or difficult for you, no?

50,000 * 50 = 2,500,000

Put it in a low risk etf, live off the interest.

ETFs don't pay interest or dividends shut up

You could put half in an ETF, live off the other half for a long time, then eventually cash out on the ETF and live off that for the rest of your life

bump

>biggest worth: Merv Griffin
>age: 91
>$ 1B

Stick about half in SPY and buy gold

How about you not buy the $2m house :/

Invest in real estate and rent it out. It's certainly a bit more work than a lot of other investments but it's a great and rather secure way to make money.

Diversified investments.

Memed hard, but at least it's spreading risk.

>tfw this is your dream except you'd take the opportunity to keep working and to get laid through promoting your movie and doing deals, like using your voice if the movie becomes a video game, for example

1. Move to country with zero tax

2. Withdraw $1 million to invest in hard assets (real estate, a little bit of gold) and have some cash available

3. Invest the remaining $4 million in stock ETFs (60%) and bond ETFs (40%), yielding $10,000 per month

4. Profit

>ETFs don't pay interest or dividends

Some do.

Let me tell you how this works OP.

>5 million upfront
>.5 goes to the agency that landed you the gig (you have an agent, right?)
>.5 goes to charity (You're not an asshole, right? Plus not donating would kill your public image.)
>2 million (half of what isn't deductible) goes to taxes
>You have 2 million left.

If you want to stay a movie star you put that down on a ten million dollar house in an upscale neighborhood. Then you find another role paying you a cash advance you live on. While that's happening you "design" a product line, which you endorse with your image for about 7% royalties on retail and a few million upfront. Then you do a commercial for a few hundred thousand to a few million.

You live on that money until your next film happens, which is what you then invest along with paying off that mortgage. You don't ever end up investing even half of the money that you make upfront.

buy a luxury car :^)

Dump half into penny stock trading at .01, dump rest into shilling said stock everywhere, sell and make a tidy profit.

you're clearly not in the industry and have a warped view of how actors live

youtube.com/watch?v=eikbQPldhPY

How do I into actor