How rich do i have to be to have a private jet, yacht, and mansion?

how rich do i have to be to have a private jet, yacht, and mansion?

Like, really rich

I actually did the math and believe it or not you would only need a billion. And that's on what I wanted which included a private island, a mega yacht, a private plane, a private heli, like 5 mansions

>mansion
mansion where? half a million won't buy you a studio in NYC or SFBay, but will get you mansion in middle of no where Idaho or Montana

Elon Musk has a mansion in Bel Air for like $20 million

You don't need one billion to have an Honda Jet

He kinda moved the goalpoasts with a private island, multiple mansions, and a heli (and judging by "mega-yacht," sparing no expense at all. Just one mansion, one jet, and one yacht wouldn't come out to a billion, though you shouldn't be blowing your entire net worth on toys like these.

>Jet

You can pick one up for around $2mil. I'd put the expenses at around $1mil a year.

>Yatch
Assuming you get one for like $5mil, it's gonna cost about $5mil a year to fuel, staff, supply food and drinks for, plus docking fees.

>mansion

Really depends what you mean by this desu. A huge manor with huge property? Or an inner-city mansion? Presuming inner-city mansion, around $10mil. $1mil a year upkeep

That puts your first year expenses around $24mil. Upkeep of this life is like $7mil a year by my conservative estimates. I feel like you'd need at least $500mil to feel safe doing those things. Australia's PM is worth $140mil and isn't rich enough for these personal things.

A rule to remember though is: If it drives, flies, or rides, rent it.

a 10 mil home doesn't have a 1 mi/yr upkeep

>yacht

Why the fuck would you want one?

>5 million
>""""""yacht""""""

A yacht is around 60 mil

You don't own a yacht or a jet. You own a company that owns these things. When you're not using them the company rents or leases then out to other rich people.

>1 million/year upkeep

What the absolute flying fuck are you on about? As someone who grew up in a mansion in a big city, I feel offended. Your estimate isn't even a 1/10th of that.

>Your estimate isn't even a 1/10th of that.
?

Maintaining a mansion is normally like maybe 30k/year or less unless you are retarded. The things that I could remember my parents doing is hiring landscapers every few months, the hydro bills, having some maintenance people to repair things that may have broken, professional carpet cleaning stuff like that. 1 mil a year in upkeep for a mansion? Bullshit.

>Maintaining a mansion is normally like maybe 30k/year or less unless you are retarded.
You're lucky if the property taxes are that much.

am I the only person who thinks property tax is fucking bulshit?

Like what the fuck.

I know a lot of people here dislike libertarians, but on this one point i'm so pissed off that I actually agree with them

Generally 1 or 1.5% (probably worse in cali which has lots of mansions but cali property taxes are not "mean" or "median"
)
Try again

It makes the most sense to have access to a private jet via rental. The rental company guarantees a jet any time you want, and you buy a package of days per year to have one. Then you can buy or sell your extra days as you need them or not. Even super rich people don't live a life where a private jet is worthwhile.

And if you own your own jet, you often are in an agreement with a rental company which pays you to take your jet and rent it to others throughout the year.

>not wanting a yacht

Property taxes not included. Our property tax was 20k and I consider that to be separate from maintenance costs.