Hey Veeky Forums I have a business venture I've been interested in for a while

Hey Veeky Forums I have a business venture I've been interested in for a while.

The National Helium Reserve is expected to run out in 5-10 years, Tanzania will probably prevent the crash but there's going to be a shift where industries will have to find alternatives, but during that time helium will be worth it's negative weight in gold. There's already companies like Exxon that are refining their helium from Natural Gas reserves to make a profit from this probable bubble.

Helium isn't just for balloons, on the contrary it's mainly used in M.R.I. machines, scientific research, fiber optics, and aerospace technology.

Helium is a nonrenewable resource, and it is actually leaving our atmosphere rapidly, as it gets pushed out by solar winds, meaning there's no chance to recycle it somehow, unless by private industry recycling.

The quantity of liquid helium used in low temperature labs is insignificant(

What do.you propose investing in, specifically?

I've been having issues deciding but I have found a few options.

1. I could simply buy the bulk liquid helium. Relatively inexpensive, no middle man, only issue is finding a buyer for a relatively small amount (compared to normal helium trading) of helium, so nearly impossible unless it's a joint venture.

2.Stocks. As I said Exxon has a huge hold in the helium market, so their stocks should rise as helium does. Air Products & Chemicals and Praxair are bulk suppliers are more centralized to helium.

3. Finding alternatives. Haven't done too much research here, but as time goes on there's going to be alternatives that will replace helium. Once a clear replacement shows it's head, investing in distributors or sourcers for it could prove to be a solid investment into a future boom in demand.

sounds like the episode of always sunny in philadelphia where they hoard barrels of gasoline to resell

tldr: dumb idea

So, short helium?

Bump this is interHesting.

Yeah, I only mentioned that as an option for large investments, like becoming a trader. I am not planning on that, it was just an idea when I first started research into element investing, this isn't exactly my forte so I came here.

Short zeppelins

Personally, I'd invest in tortilla chip warmers for the kitchen.

Here's some stock info on Praxair, with a steady increase, seems to be a solid investment into helium.

and here's the current stocks in AP&C. Thanks for the input so far guys, investing in pure helium seems to be pretty autistic. I guess I'll do some background research into these 3 companies and put some money into them to sit on.

Is it possible that other countries have untapped helium reserves?
They have not searched for them for lack of use and because the US was selling it cheap enough that it wasn't feasible.

Also, the government required that helium be bought from the government. In turn, eliminating the chance for companies to make a profit.

Tanzania just recently found out they had ~10B cubic feet of helium, so yes. problem is companies need to make processing facilities, Tanzania in particular is going to start at 2020.

That's the whole idea, the US is selling from the reserve, and we have fixed rates at which you sell helium. When the shit hits the fan the helium market is going to go haywire. There's going to be so much demand with a fixed rate, WITH the biggest seller out of the game (NHR), the whole market is going to collapse, with Exxon and other natural gas refineries making the biggest payoff in a while. My guess is either a frantic search for alternatives will happen, emergency legislation will be passed (A pretty penny for consumers but helium is a necessity for many places, and trust me they will pay), or mass chaos will ensue (Or all of the above).

there are a trillion and a half "crashes" that are always happening every single day. people also think corn is running out and the planet will burn up in a few years.

you don't seem to have any real information on this shit so i would be a little careful investing there, especially if stocks have been rising. do some research of your own.

"Helium will be worth its weight in gold."

"Id like to place an order for 2500 cubic foot of helium for $20 a cubic foot"

"I gotta fill those balloons with SOMETHING."

I am doing my own research, every investment book I read tells me to use real world events when investing and that's what I did, I heard helium is a finite resource, looked to see the market environment and it looks like it's just gonna go up for the next 10 years.

None of the articles really even mention a crash, I just assumed since this is basic economics, less helium > more demand > market instability > profit

My main research is the paper I linked, authored by multiple federal institutions. How is this not 'real information when it is to congress?

To be honest senpai I could just sell the entire tank to

SpaceX will mine it from the Moon.

Instead of buying He maybe better to buy stocks in companies that will be mining the reserves?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep an eye on the Tanzania situation, maybe buy some stocks in whichever company makes the claim to the reserve.

Where is the demand for helium?

Sure, its SUPPLY is going down, but what about the supply of palm trees in alaska?

"Theres no palm trees here, it must be big business!"

>The quantity of liquid helium used in low temperature labs is insignificant(Helium isn't just for balloons, on the contrary it's mainly used in M.R.I. machines, scientific research, fiber optics, and aerospace technology.

Something tells me there's a demand for helium.

Plenty of it on the Moon and in Asteroids.... what do you think Musk's end game is?

There's a lot more closed-loop helium recycling in technical areas since it got so expensive.

>i heard helium bla bla my own research
>makes this thread immediately as some mainstream news articles pop up, which themselves are copies of shit i read 5 years ago

at any rate it's extremely risky if you actually pay attention to shit, and if you're just trying to get in on shit which someday maybe somewhere down the road will get hyped, just join funds or a bigger industry.