The earliest specimens to be found of the genus homo were found in Ethiopia and are about 3,000,000 years old...

The earliest specimens to be found of the genus homo were found in Ethiopia and are about 3,000,000 years old. The earliest specimens to be found of homo sapiens specifically were also found in Ethiopia and are about 200,000 years old. The scientific consensus is that homo erectus found its way out of Ethiopia and into Europe via Egypt and possibly through Yemen.

Tldr: We are all basically Ethiopians. That's our home. When thinking about this and how recently we actually left, don't you feel the urge to go visit? Not to see what is actually there primarily, but to imagine what was?

So hol up

Haha, great post.

Well memed, friend.

Cool story, bro.

You left yourself wide open. But to answer your question, I wouldn't waste my time visiting a place just to imagine what was there.

Are people still in the late 19th century mindset where they're convinced that the first people were from France or Britain or some shit? Does reading about this stuff actually give people cognitive dissonance?

What? I simply said I wouldn't go to a place for the sole purpose of imagining how it might have been a long time ago.

>humanity began 3,000,000 years ago in the land of coffee
>we didn't start drinking it until 500 years ago

Dumb human shits, I swear.

Sorry, I misunderstood your first comment about leaving myself open and was interpreting it against the background of meme racism, as per the first comment.

Maybe the Rastas got it right.
"Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah and King of Kings and Elect of God"

Emperor Haile Selasse I of Ethiopia
(1892-1975). 225th lineal descendent of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

My grandfathers home is not mine.

Fair enough.

Haile Selassie practically rolled his eyes at the notion that people thought he was Jesus. He never confirmed or denied it though, because he knew publicity was good.

Do Rastas actually take the Haile Selassie shit seriously anymore? Considering all the failings of his reign I think it would be hard to call him Jesus anymore.

I think it's just an excuse for smoking a ton of pot.

Actually Salassie was quite adamant about it.
"Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ."

Hard to tell. There seems to come up new evidence all the time.

Not really. The earliest records all point to the area around Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Anything older than the remains in Ethiopia ever been found?

I feel you, OP. I think about it all the time, but you'd need a man on the inside to keep you from walking down the wrong streets.

But you'll waste lots of brain energy imaging it in your head.

Similarly to how you waste time and energy shitposting?

>multi-REEEEgionalists

As for the OP, yeah sure. It's not at the top of my lust atm, but I'd like to go there sometime, or the East African savannah. If there's one environment we're genetically suited for, it'd be that.

That hut looks like a cute Chinese dumpling.

i see it as being closer to meditation. Shitposting brings us closer to unity with the Oneness of Being, that being shit

i like it

Bump

>how recently we actually left,
>Homo sapiens is 200.000 years old
>Homo sapiens had reached the middle ears by 100.000 years ago
That's not recent, or do many 40-year-olds feel like they recently moved out of their parents house

I think it's relatively recently.

Not on a biological timescale (not /pol/-ing here. It's just a fact). It's like 5000 generations.
It's half our existence as a species

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

>don't you feel the urge to visit a nigger-infested fourth world shithole to be robbed and raped?
Thanks but no thanks.

You don't seem like a very good person.

I don't see why a geological perspective would be valid. We're talking about animals

I look at it like Jamaican Mormonism. Not as much manifest destiny shit wrapped in but a refocusing of Christianity as them being the real inheritors of the tradition and the white powers that oppressed them as babylon mon.

OP do you have any sources?

Visiting Ethiopia is definitely on my bucket list. Between the delicious food (inb4 "LEL what food?," Ethiopian food is great) the history, the churches, and the ark of the covenant, there's a lot there I'd like to see, as a history fan.

Ethiopians are charred Caucasians

Caucasians are raw Ethiopians