Wake up at 9:15 AM

>wake up at 9:15 AM
>sat at home all day drinking coffee and browsing internet
>it's only 5:05 PM

Holy fuck lads, people don't seriously work from 9-5.30, right? That's a meme, right?

yes it is a meme
people actually work 8-5 with a 1 hour lunchbreak

How do you live if you don't work?

Time flies when you work. It feels like 5 minutes but your day is over. And you wont remember a thing.

you know, with a modern shirt and tie, I think you an still get away with wearing that suit

This thread is relevant as fuck.
My first internship I've ever landed, I intend to do IT. I'm currently working at an IT Help Desk for a moderately successful private software company that makes around 400 million a year.
I get paid $15 an hour.
I find myself counting the hours until it hits 5pm, then I can go home. But then what? I'm too tired to do anything much other than browse the internet (which I do at work 80% of the time, infact I'm posting from work right now) and at 8-10pm I box MWF.
This seems like a monotonous grind. I live to work to enjoy life for 2-3 days at the end of the week.
Is career life really like this? As a student this is okay, but I can very easily see myself going insane if I were to do this for life.
Please tell me that someone with an IT Major will land an interesting job some day.
Otherwise I may have to think of another field.

Eat and sleep better so your body can do something. Im a college retail wagecuck and and running around lifting shit and dealing with the regular bulshit and before i got a good meal plan i couldn't do shit either. Just try and sleep you fuk

I'm a small time lawyer working at a nice firm with a bunch of bros

>wake up at 8am
>get to work by 9:30am
>chill at my desk and review new client info/litigation updates until lunch
>after lunch, I usually have a few cases that involve going down to the court house and arguing in favor of my clients, who are criminals. Also I regularly meet with them in jail.

Life is fucking sweet when you're getting paid to verbally shitpost

>Life is fucking sweet when you're getting paid to verbally shitpost

politics is bae

It seems like all I do for 5 days is work, eat, sleep, and maybe a few hours of shitposting/working out. for 2 days of freedom to do whatever I want.
It seems so.... soulless. And the thing is my work environment is great! I'm in a very chill and relaxed team, I just set up laptops/manage storage space. In the offtime, which is the majority, I dick around on the computer and I've even played games or have done my homework.
Am I being too cynic? I know I'm very fortunate to have a job that pays moderately well for what I do, and what I do isn't even that challenging or demanding.

>browse the internet (which I do at work 80% of the time, infact I'm posting from work right now)

Jobs like those are amazing. It's much better to be bored/relaxed than miserable. Wait till you work a job where you're stuck doing menial shit with no downtime 8 hrs a day. Only then can you know the true meaning of wageslavery.

Basically, it's only going to get worse from here on out unless you're one of the lucky few to find work you're passionate about. That's not likely to happen though unless you start you're own business.

I'd recommend getting all the shitposting out of your system at work and dedicate your time off to hobbies/productive activities. You also might be lacking a social life which can make your life feel stagnant regardless of what the rest of your circumstances may be.

Yes, if only we can all be born with a giant inheritance to live off of so we don't need to work.

This sounds sick. Are you a lawfag? I always thought about just going for the BAR or something to see what I needed to learn on my own, then crushing it.

Nah, being bored at work is probably the worst shit ever possible. I rather be busy nonstop than having to pass the time watching the clock and counting down the hours. Especially when I got a coworker sitting directly behind me and can see what I'm doing (so no shitposting)

>wake up at 9:00 AM
>Check my stock portfolio
>Go to my company where i just sit all day in my office
>Bullshit big client's about how important our business is to them
>Browse the internet all day while my employees do all the work
>All of them college students so they are cheap to hire
>Most of the graphic work done by Egyptians and Indians for next to nothing
>The highlight of my day is eating lunch with them while we talk trash about the world
>Go home after like 2 hours
>Shitpost on Veeky Forums
>it's only 6:00 PM

Entrepreneur life is comfy as fuck once you made it

I wish I had this life. I have to be 100% occupied and focused to pass time. It makes me work way harder than I need to. And not in a rewarding way either. Also, "easy work" is not doable. If it's not enough motion or thinking, five minutes is hours. (ADHD fag here.)

this

>monotonous grind
>on Veeky Forums at work
user, I...

>22, college grad
>Working IT for a growing software company
>"Good company", gives us free food, no micromanagement, spend day taking calls and browsing the internet.
>9-5, 5 days a week
>56k salary

And I'm absolutely miserable, only been out of college for 5 weeks. How do people do this for 40 years and then die? How did society become like this? It's like a cruel joke, I have no free time to do anything with my 40 minute commute. After I get home, eat and unwind it's already 8pm and I have no energy left to do anything. Please kill me.

Saving up nearly every penny and I'll flip houses or something, buy a quadplex when I can get a loan, I don't care if it takes a lot of work, I just can't do this braindead job for much longer.

>get on wifi at work
>try to get to Veeky Forums on phone
>blocked website
Well could've saw that one coming

>you are literally me

I enjoy reading and thought I'd be able to read more after college. But now that i'm working, I'm always to burnt out after work to even focus on reading. At least I started working out, started eating healthy, now play soccer twice a week, and,, most importantly, have money to spend. After 5 more months, i'm gonna try finding a job in the government. Fuck private sector.

I feel you man

40 hours is hell regardless of job

it's not a meme it's a lifestyke

What kind of business are you involved in?

we are an "internet solutions" company, anything you want to do online ,, we can do it for you

websites/graphic design/logos/security ..etc

since 1 dollar = 10 Egyptian pound. i can hire pretty much anyone overseas to do any job

if you think about it Its modern slavery, i gave the people next to nothing while i reap all the rewards

>gets free food,
>spends day talking and browsing internet
>comes home tired

wut

I see. How did you get started and how did you get to where you are now?

will i have to go to sleep now .. maybe i will comeback to this thread later and tell you all about. cya user :)

Peace out homie

I find myself smoking weed and mindlessly browsing internet all day because my business is going well and only needs like 5 hours a week input. I got really used to working like 15 hours a day for years when setting all this up, so I don't know what to do with myself now. Everybody says "travel" but only brain dead normies "aspire" to that. I don't like tourists and migrants at all, so I could never be one. I guess it's the shutin life for me.