Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8XQeA8WJGU
wikiwand.com/en/Kilroy_was_here
encyclopediadramatica.se/Meow_Wars
youtu.be/6WpMlwVwydo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=V8XQeA8WJGU

t. Oldfag.

This is of course assuming we are tlaking about actual 'meme's' and not the idea of what it is to be a meme. Meme's existed for huge amount of time before the term was coined.

religion

language?

>The word meme originated with Richard Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene.
>Dawkins wrote that evolution depended not on the particular chemical basis of genetics, but only on the existence of a self-replicating unit of transmission — in the case of biological evolution, the gene. For Dawkins, the meme exemplified another self-replicating unit with potential significance in explaining human behavior and cultural evolution.

wikiwand.com/en/Kilroy_was_here

as 2007 as 2007 was, I refuse to believe that the first internet meme originated in that year. Surely there is something even more memetic that precedes the Kung Fu Baby

This guys ancestors.

Aren't lolcatz older than that?

No. It's also long cat. lolcatz is a thing, but Long Cat is the original.

t. Oldfag.

Quirks.

Jews

You are so full of shit

First on on this site was probably something stupid like "all your base" that are originally from SA forums.

>was probably something stupid like "all your base" that are originally from SA forums.

t. Newfag

Dicks were the first meme, even before rhe romans

I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Norris facts, which was inspired by Conan O'Brien in 2004 when he started playing random weird clips of Walker Texas Ranger on his show..

This the real answer.

You are still full of shit, do you even know what SA stand for?

For humanity, see pic.

For the internet, maybe the Meow Wars, or Mr. T eating balls.

encyclopediadramatica.se/Meow_Wars

Fucking Ally McBeal, man.

Pottis

the gifs themselves are way older than that. Mid 90s, It was one of those things that people sent to each other by email.

This is now a dick thread

if you're talking internet memes, it was this:

youtu.be/6WpMlwVwydo

if you mean any meme, it was probably the human penis, like this guy said

>They remixed it into a full song
>They started playing this shit on repeat on Radio Disney
>I'd wait hours for them to play it when I was 10 years old because I loved it so much.

MEME (noun)
>an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation

>pic - even these examples are late. Clothing, cooking techniques, wooden tools and language may have predated stone tools by millennia.

longcat

The first meme was the dick.

Its probably in the moon by now.

The dancing baby was an "internet meme" before the internet was really what we understand it now, this guy is right
Plenty of internet-meme style viral jokes existed in modern history like "the S", "church of the subgenius" or "kilroy was here", but the further back you go the more difficult they are to distinguish from technology, religion, or language itself.

The acknowledgment that apes could eat roots to survive, or the stick

Isn't "All your base are belong to us" older than that?

At this site you can literally
go to hui.

>1337
the first meme was marxism

GTA San Andreas

>Its probably in the moon by now.
Think further, faggot.

Hamster dance

no, it was the entire age of Enlightenment

Scalariform masterrace reporting in!

Wasn't the first meme "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition?

yawning

I had never really seen the word "meme" used until 2010-12 or something. Around 06-07 it was all "pools closed mudkips lulz SHOOP DA WHOOP" but nobody really called these things "memes".

Since I was part of the habbo rush, pools closed was the first thing I was exposed to. Longcat, jesus christ it's a lion, imma chargin mah lazer, i herd u liek mudkips, this was the meme culture of that time period. It was fucking stupid but that's when Veeky Forums was as bright and young as it's users at the time and hadn't lost it's optimism yet.

Burying your dead is probably the first meme we have evidence of

Probably "LOL" or "OMG"

Idiot, guess again.

Yup, yet everyone in this thread got their mad Internet skills from ED and urban dictionary, so don't be surprised when they are full of it.

Probably the first joke ever retold. The first written record of a joke is in a Sumerian tablet afaik.

thread over

That one has probably already blown away, one on the moon would last a long time

What was the joke?

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

"I"

No, I'm serious.

translate it you fucking germ

Ahahahaha

It doesn't translate well into English...

>religion
/thread

Bipedality.

I distinctly remember a meta conversation about "meh mays" with some friends in like 2006, maybe earlier. I had a very obnoxious friend who never stopped saying "pwned" "n00b" "1337". desu happened shortly after on /b/ and that was 2007 at the latest right? The term was used pre-lolcats for sure but was used as a sort of passing observation.

Around 2010 it no longer became cool to genuinely enjoy things or have any fun. The internet became self-aware and hated itself for what it was and everything had to be ironic so "memeing" became a meme in itself.

t. Meme master
(^example of post-2010 "meme" meme. Very ironic, much hipster. Wow.)

Woot!!!1!1i want to go back. rawr. I miss MySpace and emo girls.