What do you guys think of Robert T. Kiyosak (Rich Dad) and his line of books?

What do you guys think of Robert T. Kiyosak (Rich Dad) and his line of books?

He helped me so much.

"an individual's house is not an asset" - Kiyosaki.
What an idiot

muh asset

How many of his books have you read

5 (that includes one of his advisories)

It's a mentality bro

Which ones? What do you recommend?

Cash flow quadrant was what I started with and I still consider it the best. Last one was rich dad poor dad and because he repeats so much I felt like I already read it.

Cool, he has a ton

Bump

Would you mind explaining this chart?

Basically don't spend your money on expensive useless shit, and instead invest it. What a fucking revolutionary. Someone give this guy a Nobel Prize in Economics.

You cut out liabillities and expenses, then earn more money by investing.

Personal Finance 101

This is a recurring thread
Sticky when

It is much more complicated than most people would realize by looking at it.

I can give you a quick overview, but it won't help you as much as if you figured it out.

If I get a mortgage to buy a house then it is a liability to me and an asset to the bank. The exact opposite. I'll continue later.

That's not what he says though. He's more of a deviant from traditional financial planners

Yeah I had some impressions about what it meant but i don't think I could explain it if I had to.
>The exact opposite.
Eagerly awaiting your insight

He means a mortgage is an asset for the bank while a liability for you. Your savings are an asset for you but a liability to the bank.

I'm reading one of his book right now.
I'm on page ninety and so far it's basically chicken soup for the mother's soul: economics edition.

Which is to say it doesn't say much other than a bunch of "muh attitude" and "poor people think this, wealthy people think this" without offering any concrete investment stratagems.

It's not supposed to lay out a step by step guide on how to get wealthy though, it's not that easy. Sounds like you think like a poor person :^)

Yeah here let me pull some capital out of my ass.

There's nothing wrong with shilling for pleb investment like rental homes, but he forgets you need to earn money to buy the cunting houses in the first place, and to live on in the meantime. And desu buying houses to rent out is shit tier investment for reasons you can think of with five true minutes of thought. High risk and still low reward, all eggs in one basket deal, can get very expensive if something goes wrong.

Fucking real estate agents are massive kikes and we should murder every last one.

fucking retarded pic

It isn't when you have to pay to maintain it and fix things. That's why many people rent and rent and the company pays for all their shit to be repaired.

if you have a home you don't live in you have to rent it out or you lose money but repair and maintenance and taxes on income basically render your "investment" anull especially if you pay mortgage.

>Fucking real estate agents are massive kikes and we should murder every last one.

Those fees have nothing to do with real estate agents. That's just the cost of buying a home with a mortgage.

My economics teacher made everybody in the class read it. I knew it wasn't concrete but it inspired me to learn more about investing and money in general.

listened to the audio book of rich dad poor dad. Pretty good and quite inspirational but didn't really tell me much I didn't know. The main thing was 'making your money work for you' philosophy but it's of course a lot easier said then done.

Btw, does anyone have any experience with his seminars/workshops - I signed up because it said it was free but they called me back and it was clear it wasn't free so I didn't get involved. seems like a bit of a scam to me t b h

This picture doesn't show the assets creating the income. It shows an outside source, like a job. Financial freedom means your assets give you enough money to cover your expenses. You can achieve this by buying more assets or reducing expenses. Likely a combo of both.

idk man, I read one of his books in less than 4 hours. Felt like shit I already knew and have been told before a hundred times.

are you legit blind?