Homeless

once you go homeless, it's fucked right?

might as well break the law and ride free room & board or kill yourself, correct?

As long as you aren't stupid or addicted to drugs, the only direction you can go is up!

Yeah bro totally.

Get yourself a serious criminal record and several stints in jail so that you have trouble ever finding a job. Genius idea!

If you are going to do criminal activity then you should do it way before you are ever in a position to be homeless. You don't want to commit crimes out of desperation. It is a good way to get caught. As with any other enterprise, successful criminals are the ones that start with a ton of research and planning. There is no way to eliminate the risk of jail entirely but you can mitigate it up to a certain extent with a well thought out and executed plan of action.

>set goals for yourself. the longer you break the law, the greater the chances of getting caught
>have an exit strategy. do not get greedy. once you hit your goals, get out
>determine the risk/reward ratio before acting. if there is a stiff penalty for your crime then there should be a much higher payout
>know the law. a buddy of mine got a felony on his record for stealing cigarettes because he threatened the cashier. it turned a petty theft into robbery
>stay away from violent crimes. they usually carry the highest penalties and juries will have no pity on you
>never commit the same crime in the same exact way more than once. you establish a modus operandi which makes it easier for you to be caught
>set 10% of every score aside as an emergency fund. you may need it for lawyers or to get out of the country
>above all, reinvest your earnings. do not blow it on hookers and booze or you will always find yourself in the same situation again. if you do happen to get away with it, plan for the future

If you do get caught, do not say anything to the cops without your lawyer present. Do not fall for the "we just want to help you" routine. They aren't lying when they tell you that anything you say or do will be used against you.

Good luck, bro.

The past doesn't matter.

If you think up a new past and pretend it's real everyone you will meet will believe it.

join the military before you go homeless, you literally do a 180 with that option

Being homeless is mostly a choice, a lifestyle.

All of This.

The most successful criminals are the ones who are already rich/successful in other areas.

I know several people who make $10k/mth off drugs on the internet but their lives are completely normal. They study in a good university, they have friends, gf, loving family, etc.

drug selling is very low risk anyway because all the parties involved have no incentive to talk about the on-going activities to law enforcement.

crime is a great way to make money if you have no education. just remember to bribe police officers

Can't you just kinda stayed showered and try to make friends and apply to multiple jobs and work 2 maybe 3 jobs

What if you're in an expensive city like nyc without a car

>what are feet

Why would you be in that city

Just ride the subway
I used to sleep in the train more often than I did in my own bed back in high school.
Pretty comfy, if I do say so myself. Sometimes cute girls sit next to you too. Sometimes they fall asleep on you.

Then there's all the money to be made panhandling. Saw a calculation in it somewhere, but you could make more than enough.

Fug is there a homeless guide ?

I'm saying if you were born there and have no family and it happened how is that a choice

>I know several people who make $10k/mth off drugs on the internet but their lives are completely normal.
I can tell you this isn't true. At that level of cash per month you're moving a lot of product. You're dealing with teh actual suppliers from Mexico and, well, you don't have a normal life once you're doing business with teh Mexicans. This is why lots of white people get killed in the drug business. They don't know how to survive in that world. You ever heard of the stories of nice loving white family that is brutally murdered in their home? Well this is why they're murdered. You're a loose end once shit goes down for the suppliers. Also cops these days know white people sell as much drugs as the blacks. Only reason why they don't go after you is because of your wealth and connections.

>10k a month
>Alot of drugs
Confirmed for having no idea.

Making 120k a year sounds like quite a bit of drug pushing to me

I clearly said DRUGS *ON THE INTERNET*.

It's not a far stretch at all

>120k a year
You obviously don't know that most dealers don't make close to that in a year. Stick to Hollywood drug tales where everyone makes 100 mil a year.

Man I don't think panhandling is enough to get by in nyc

>take credit for apartment if you can
>sleep with all your possessions in a duffle bag handcuffed to you or a chain link fence
>sleep on trains or buses if you're in a big enough city
>find an abondonded building or something where you can crash just make sure there's no other homeless
>save all your money and try to do freelance or odd jobs
>look for apartments where you can split a room with someone
>get a gym locker to store all your shit and shower there

I've been a homeless drug addict with $15k in debt, zero assets, friends, with nothing but a backpack.

I've also done kryme.

Now I'm positive, nice place own business and studying comp sci in university.

AMA?

lol jk no one cares but you can do it man, nowhere to go but up

Where were you homeless and for how long and how did you obtain your first apartment

>Now I'm positive

HIV?

you're full of fucking shit, you're some fucking 2bit wanna-be writer

suck my dick you've never touched real adversity

western canada, couple months, got a job at grocery store and became fuckbuddies with one so they let me live in their apartment for free. so not mine, bit misleading. not great for dignity but helps me a lot.

so far no, im very surprised I have no STIs.

I don't want to be a writer but I am. I earn $60/hr but projects are not often. It's my only high-level skill but I have 5 years experience at it.

I agree with you though, i havent seen real adversity

ex

>not born dwarf
>not blind
>not paralyzed
>etc etc

How did you handle having such unstable life?

What do you write?

Would you recommend being homeless in a bigger city or somewhere smaller where the rent is cheaper

That is some cool favela.
Where is this? China, south korea???

definitely looks like china

Looks cyberpunk as fuck.

Incorrect. Depending on others is the hardest part. I was homeless still pratically am and will be within a week the problem is gators.

No, you just have to be creative. A lot of famous people have been homeless. Being homeless in the Americas is a piece of cake compared to the rest of the world but i know that's not what you want to hear.

Leverage your free time and obtain a marketable skill. Use the library and combine all of your efforts to get yourself a tablet or laptop. This may take months, this may be hard, but you basically need one to progress.

I worked at a Mexican restaurant (the owner picked me up hitchhiking on my daily walk into town from my camp spot). I made friends with him. He had an old broken laptop i fixed while working for him. I literally got paid less than the mexicans working in the kitchen and eventually left with the laptop.

From there i saved money for interview clothes and interviewed with every single position that would take me. On the way to my interviews i would change into my interview clothes in a starbucks bathroom after a birdbath and brushing my teeth and doing my hair.

Eventually i got a position as a web developer for a small startup and was making 16 dollars an hour. I just had to keep up the illusion of non-homelessness for 2 weeks before i could afford to move into a room in a shitty part of the city. Then 2 months later i had my own apartment after i got a co-worker to co-sign for me.

I started with a backpack, a gun, a litany of mental issues. recovering from drug addiction, and a 300s credit score. My family had abandoned me and i still rarely speak to them and i had no friends to speak of besides the homeless meth addicts i found myself in the company of. Also for some bonus points my dominant arm was recovering from a brutal pitbull attack which put me into that situation.

I'm not handsome. particularly intelligent, or really any good at anything.

You have to learn discipline. Discipline alone will save you.

My mantra was "i deserve everything i get". Good, bad, or indifferent.

Good luck

>Leverage your free time and obtain a marketable skill. Use the library and combine all of your efforts to get yourself a tablet or laptop. This may take months, this may be hard, but you basically need one to progress.
>I worked at a Mexican restaurant (the owner picked me up hitchhiking on my daily walk into town from my camp spot). I made friends with him. He had an old broken laptop i fixed while working for him. I literally got paid less than the mexicans working in the kitchen and eventually left with the laptop.
>From there i saved money for interview clothes and interviewed with every single position that would take me. On the way to my interviews i would change into my interview clothes in a starbucks bathroom after a birdbath and brushing my teeth and doing my hair.
>Eventually i got a position as a web developer for a small startup and was making 16 dollars an hour. I just had to keep up the illusion of non-homelessness for 2 weeks before i could afford to move into a room in a shitty part of the city. Then 2 months later i had my own apartment after i got a co-worker to co-sign for me.
>I started with a backpack, a gun, a litany of mental issues. recovering from drug addiction, and a 300s credit score. My family had abandoned me and i still rarely speak to them and i had no friends to speak of besides the homeless meth addicts i found myself in the company of. Also for some bonus points my dominant arm was recovering from a brutal pitbull attack which put me into that situation.
>I'm not handsome. particularly intelligent, or really any good at anything.
>You have to learn discipline. Discipline alone will save you.
>My mantra was "i deserve everything i get". Good, bad, or indifferent.
>Good luck

One f the most inspirational things I've ever read man. Especially that last part. Also because it doesnt stink of that cloying positivism reddit bullshit