Wat does Veeky Forums think about the Permanent Portfolio?

Wat does Veeky Forums think about the Permanent Portfolio?

Other urls found in this thread:

earlyretirementextreme.com/wiki/index.php?title=Permanent_Portfolio
macrotrends.net/1333/historical-gold-prices-100-year-chart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's horrible even by biz standards

Try 100% in stocks

Pretty fucking terrible. You should be able to find simulated portfolios that are planned like this - the one I found made a 12% return over 4 years.

It's fine for the 0.0001% of investors that need long-term ultra-low volatility and are willing to sacrifice their returns to below market levels to achieve that goal.

I find it hard to believe there's a single person on all of Veeky Forums, let alone Veeky Forums, that meets this criteria.

More like Permanent Plebfolio amirite

that's only good for the growing wealth stage 100% index funds 20-25 years...

after that you should diversify and go more bonds and safe investments with a steady withdrawal rate.

i'm currently 0% stocks, 25% gov bonds, 30% shitty asshole retarded investment i want out of, 20% cash, and 10% gold and silver and an assorted 15% that is mostly money i can collect any time.

i can't even begin to imagine how i fucked this all up so spectacularly.

Why would you want a portfolio that never changes or adjusts based on your life situation?

>25% gold
mfw

>25% in bonds

I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb

25% cash? I could not tolerate that amount of lazy money.

By the books, done right on average gives 6-8% return yearly. So far there's been 2 years where it lost altogether. I'd go with it honestly. While 100% stocks will get your there as well, stocks can fail altogether where you would lose all your shit. Read up on it, don't ask Veeky Forums as a lot of people are prejudiced like christians or some shit.

>portfolio adapts to your life situation
>not to the world economy

Forgot link earlyretirementextreme.com/wiki/index.php?title=Permanent_Portfolio

read the original book as well, it's not bad

Already been discussed; that's a terrible allocation.

Doomsday predictors are good at staying poor

>25% cash

Bottom tier. You should know exactly when currencies are fluctuating in value and be able to safely ride gold/usd.

macrotrends.net/1333/historical-gold-prices-100-year-chart

If you aren't capable of that stay away from investing.

>1 million net worth
>Have 250k worth of gold at your house

I'm currently 2/3 cash because I thought I had to buy a car and I missed making bank off brexit.

Is this a Veeky Forums cringe thread now?

>25% bonds

This way I only lose a small amount every year after inflation. This is how I manage risk

I'm 1/2 in marijuana stocks and 1/4 in precious metals 1/4 in renewable energy.

you heavily invested in bitcoin but your also heavily invested in real estate... isnt that a little conflicting?

Not even once.

90% equities, 10% investment-grade bonds or whatever the fuck low-risk shit you want.

I mean, if you want to have the best shot at maximizing net worth over time.

So a basement full of weed, a safe with a few ounces of gold, and a solar panel on the roof?

You got it.

Real estate can only go up and make you money fast, or crash and leave you with property you can pay off quickly and then rent out or something.

Bitcoin is up and down but worth the overrall investment because when it goes up, it goes up exponentially.

Maybe I'm not looking deep enough into the economy of these things, but it seems like sound investments to me.

Where do you see the conflict user? I'd like to know.

utterly gay

I'm 21, I'm doing 80% right now. Think I should go all the way?

"I'm A FAG, I'm doing POOPDICK right now. Think I should UN-GAY MYSELF"

Yes.

> but worth the overall investment because when it goes up, it goes up exponentially.
> but it seems like sound investments to me.

Can I simply ask you personally why you think bitcoin will continue to grow at the rate of the past?

"past performance is not an indicator of future returns". If you're investing into bitcoin because it's made big gains in the past you're:
A - Too late to the gravy train
and B - making a poor investment.

I'm actually interested

>30% shitty asshole retarded investment i want out of
Did you buy the cyptos?

>Total value: $145

When I was in my 20's: 100% stocks.

I'm 37 now.
40% stocks 30% bonds 25% cash 5% gold.