Bit worried here Veeky Forums

bit worried here Veeky Forums

I applied for a summer internship around 6 months ago. i uploaded my real transcript and was rejected.

a week ago, i got an email saying i was invited to apply to a different position. this time, i altered my grades significantly on my transcript and resubmitted by application.

what are the chances that they saved my transcripts pdf from last time?

Other urls found in this thread:

dealbreaker.com/2009/10/jeffrey-chiang-will-be-receiving-no-new-offers-of-employment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

pretty fucking good i'd say. if they invited to to interview that means your grades wouldn't prevent you from getting this other job anyway. really dumb/risky move.

maybe ask Veeky Forums for advice first next time?

they didn't invite me to an interview, they sent me an email saying that they found better candidates.

yea i agree it was risky, i forgot i had applied to this job.

do you think i should email them and ask them to disregard my application? or should i go the extra step and come clean? or should i just ride it out?

Just tell them it's inflation

Lol.

I wouldn't even be that upset if they blacklisted me from their firm, I'm just worried that they might tell others

why would a business help out its competition by informing them of a lying candidate?

dealbreaker.com/2009/10/jeffrey-chiang-will-be-receiving-no-new-offers-of-employment/

bump

Save bet: cancel your application

But... I know how HR works and they dont got the time to do cross checks for a frigging intern

Unless it's read by the same person and they remember OP.

i think i'll just ride it out, what's the worst that could happen?

definitely DO NOT puss out and come clean. you cant change course now! i say just ride it out and act like everything is normal. keep calling/emailing and asking about the job with a straight face (you are george costanza now. go with it). if they call you out on it, just do the inflation joke and youll all have a good laugh.

arent college transcripts pretty official looking? what did you couterfeit it? this shows resourcefulness. whenever a company's stock crashes because they got caught cheating i buy it up because it shows theyre good at bizness. bribing government officials to get big contracts etc.

thanks. you're right, i'm already two feet in so i better just go with it.

i submitted an unofficial transcript that had a watermark on it by reconstructing the document and editing the numbers as necessary. my doctored version looks exactly like the real deal.

what i'm most worried about is this firm telling other firms about me-- is this likey?

ride it out

fauwken burtal

the thing with jeffrey chiang is that he did a shitty job and spelt 'bank of america' wrong, thus insulting their intelligence.
it sounds like you did a good forge job though, so you may become a fucking legend,

let's hope it pans out then. besides my gpa, i think i'm exactly what they're looking for. i'll post an update on /biz in the future under the alias TWSforge

there's a good chance that they wont even look at the transcrip, and if they did they wont remember the first one. these people may have hundreds of resumes cross their desk in any given day. keep in mind most HR departments are staffed by 90% women so theyll probably fuck up and hire you without comparing the two different transcripts. you did good user. studying is for losers!

fingers crossed. i just reached out to an alumn at the place. thanks for the advice.

good luck user!

hi guys I'm newfag and looking for some advice that someone may know: what is the timeline for applying for multiple jobs at the same time... ie. at what stage in the hire process can you say "jk I'm outta here off to work at the other company" without people getting mad at you?

Who cares if they get mad at you? Just do your best to part on good terms so as not to burn any bridges, and just say you've found employment elsewhere, thank you for the opportunity, etc.