Do you think the turkey coup will have any effects on the stock markets on monday, especially the german one?

do you think the turkey coup will have any effects on the stock markets on monday, especially the german one?

Other urls found in this thread:

fxstreet.com/economic-calendar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What coup?

The short term stuff is just higher volatility in the market. Someone more knowledgeable about the specifics than me could tell you about that.

Long term? Expect capital flight from Turkey after Erdogan has purged the rest of his domestic rivals and begins to throw his weight around heavy handedly.

Watch what happens in Cyprus in particular and take your cues from that.

well actually i was just interested in the short term effects coz i went short on DAX yesterday evening, but i definitely agree with you on the long term effects.

but do you believe we will see something as 5 to 10%-drop of all major stock-indices like two weeks ago when Brexit happened?

read the news mate, the turkish military tried to overthrow it's president yesterday

I think his point was that the "coup" was so pathetic (or even a Erdogan scheme to consolidate power further) that is represented no real threat to Erdogan at any point.

Not that major since the coup seems to have been repelled. But it has major implications for Turkey's domestic politics, the region, oil prices, and thus the markets long term.

The small money is in the short term. The big money is in the long term trends.

yeah of course this coup was probably staged, that's exactly why i started to worry about my short position..

Sell the fall

Then buy the dip

Yes it was an attempted coup, not an actual coup. That was my point.

When you step on a roach, does the stock market crash?

that's my plan, the question is will it actually fall since it was only a staged coup?
anyway, we will see soon. just hope to get out of my shorts well.

There is the appearance of calm and order.

HOWEVER

Erdogan played his trump card........

He told the Imams to call the people to JIHAD

Uncontrollable Sunni mobs are being released in the country.

This will get fucking insane. If sunni militias form then they will continually try to one up eachother and eventually try to overthrow Erdogan.

totally agree with you. i bet like in like 6 months to max 2 years there'll be a civil war/ revolution in turkey.
and since turkey is such an important country for the EU and also NATO this will get fucking intense.

You can hope for a gap down at the Monday opening at 8:00. Then sell. At 9:00 Xetra opens and, if the situation stabilizes, the DAX will begin to rise sharply.

yeah already hoping for a nice big gap. but actually i can't really believe the dax will rise further next week, look how much it gained over the last 2 weeks.

It went to ~10350 pre-Brexit so I do believe it can still manage ~10400. What happens afterwards is up to speculation.

I'm saying this because next week there will be German economic surveys and the Producer Price Index which may influence the DAX

Check the dates here:
fxstreet.com/economic-calendar

well theoretically it could rise to infinity so you're right.. i just mean that the current political and economic situation in europe and the fact that it rose almost over 1000 points during the last two weeks speak against a further rise.
however, i do agree that reaching 10400 points is not impossible in the next week.

yes i know about these dates, but honestly i don't expect them to be good.

>I think his point was that the "coup" was so pathetic (or even a Erdogan scheme to consolidate power further) that is represented no real threat to Erdogan at any point.

Yet Erdogan is still in Istanbul and as it seems Ankara the main city is not under his control as well as other parts of the country.

The military is by constitution the guardian of turkish secularism, they believed that the progressive liberal thinking turks in west turkey will support the progressive values they stand for rather than Erdogans islamistic policy, they were wrong, Turks love their islam.

from where do you know that some parts of the country and ankara are not anymore under Erdogan's control?

I am there, it is extremly tense. nobody knows shit.

ah okay.. well german news say everything's basically back to normal, interesting to know that that's not the case..

but anyway, good luck to u and stay safe!

Turkish Lira will drop further because of the uncertainties going on right now

Dax is at 10100 right now

GG

I don't think it would have effect on any other country (maybe except Jordan, Iraq or some countries that don't matter) than Turkey. But as the stock market goes down it would be best to buy from companies that are openly aligned with current government. Because I hardly think this attempt would have a long term effect. And since Turkish lira will also fall in short time it would be best to invest in Turkey.