What was the origin of White Guilt? Was it began after WW II?

What was the origin of White Guilt? Was it began after WW II?

Other urls found in this thread:

legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/kipling.asp),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism
bbc.com/news/world-europe-35686104
jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
cs.mcgill.ca/~akazna/Kaznatcheev20100515.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It seems like the direct result of the whole White Man's Burden line of thinking that was popular in the late 19th and early 20th century. In fact, I'd say that White Guilt is just the White Man's Burden taken to it's logical conclusion.

It was definitely after WWII, as far as its etymology is concerned. While makes an interesting connection with the White Man's Burden (cf. Rudyard Kipling - legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/kipling.asp), the two concepts are inverse in their relationship, as White Guilt is a manifestation of responsibility for historical mistreatment, while the White Man's Burden is actually a colonialist approach to the "burden" of so-called enlightened white cultures who feel it is their duty to spread their values and tame the "savages." Both are rooted in the social construction of racial identity as homogeneous and consistent, however (check those "see also" concepts in pic related).

White Guilt is just a culturally acceptable way for white people to feel superior in the 21st Century.

>silly black man you can't be racist only evil white people can be racist
>What do you mean your ancestors were enslaved by rival tribes long before we got there? Don't be stupid, black people did nothing of the sort, they were noble and peaceful and at one with nature until evil white man crossed the oceans with our advanced but evil ships to enslave you

Yeah, but I don't think the arguments against American slavery are really about the institution of slavery itself. That's sort of a dodge to bring up the slavery that existed in Africa, because it's literally irrelevant to the system of chattel slavery that the U.S. (and other countries) employed. I appreciate the idea of extending the concept of white supremacy to the fetishization of how evil white slavers were (with even a nod toward American exceptionalism thrown in), but it runs the risk of dismissing the institutional responsibility that America legitimately has to explicitly work toward dismantling the generational poverty and systemic racism which are very clearly a product of its being built on the forced labor of (mainly) African slaves. It's an overly simplistic treatment that ignores the useful and legitimate aspects of White Guilt.

I think so. After WW2 there's been a huge movement against "hate", probably for fear of another event like NS Germany, and another war. Left wing politics are so mainstream now to the point where if you dare to profess a right wing view on anything you're instantly branded a racist, bigot, homophobe, or whatever, every name under the sun. This is exemplified in the mainstream (media) reaction to Donald Trump's run for presidency in the US. Or the inability of Europeans to handle the migrant crisis. I think the West has been stuck in a defeatist, pessimistic, and pacifistic rut since WW2 and is only now starting to get out of it, with the appearance of Trump and Brexit. I firmly believe that even if Trump doesn't win, someone like him will win eventually. And more states will leave the EU.

>if you dare to profess a right wing view on anything you're instantly branded a racist, bigot, homophobe, or whatever, every name under the sun. This is exemplified in the mainstream (media) reaction to Donald Trump's run for presidency in the US.

You, um, sure that the reaction of describing Trump's rhetoric as racist and bigoted wasn't because it, um, was fucking racist and bigoted?

>pacifistic rut since WW2
- Immediate entry into a thermonuclear standoff with Russia for thirty years (give or take)
- Korea
- Vietnam
- Various South American Countries we may not even entirely know about
- Iraq
- Afghanistan
- Iraq again
- All the other places we've been bombing

Sorry, user, but you seriously shat the rug here. Fucking reconsider your analysis.

The US was less affected because they weren't brought to their knees like the major European powers in WW2. None of those wars posed any major threat to the US except for the Cold War and nobody started that, it just sort of happened as a result of two opposing superpowers.

Pretty sure there were white people who felt guilty about slavery as early as the civil war era

>cuckservative is an actual wikipedia article

Oh god the memes are seeping into the real world

Which would be fine.

It's different when you as an individual feel guilty about something that happened 5 generations ago.

>and is only now starting to get out of it, with the appearance of Trump and Brexit
>Brexit

So essentially it doesn't matter that we left Europe on fascetious grounds(i.e most of the promises of the campaign were bare faced lies) and that we are probably in deep economic shit, or that our country now teeters on the edge of serious destabilization, because, hey, rich, racist white men can be racist again without fear of reproach.

Gg cunt

>rich, white men
Clearly showing us all that you have no knowledge of the voting demographics.

>Being ageist and racist is totally okay, when the people in question are against me politically

And people wonder why nobody takes you assholes seriously.

Aaaand this kind of narrative is the reason why most of England voted for brexit. People are sick of you fucks

Fabricate a narrative where the ability to commit evil is monopolized by a group of people.

Before you know it, you've created a philosophy that includes the following:
- "race" realism, "white" people suddenly exist as an ethnoanthropological category;
- a theodicy, you know what is the exclusive source for the existence of evil in the universe are "white" people;
- the secularization of original sin, with the option of a sacramental approach to its expiation, as depicted in OP's pic;
- a justification for in-group vs out-group identiarianism, political action, discrimination in the workplace and elsewhere, censorship, return to a state of apartheid, embargoes, etc. centred on racial hatred against "whites";
- a basis for moral superiority, in which "white" supremacism reinvents itself as a thinly veiled pride in a superior capacity to commit evil AND the contemporary superior capacity to reject said greater evil.

This is the product of "progressive" politics giving up on the unity of humankind.

If you're looking for the exact origin of this behavior, my best bet would be asking who in the present day would profit the most from a race war, and who propagates the above retardation.

So you need to look for politcal groups, parties, campuses, news outlets, publishers, arms dealers, and more.

In a Nietzchean sense, I think white guilt is an adoption of slave morality by people who formerly had more of a master morality. Why? Because the facts of WWI and WWII, especially the Nazis, showed that utter contempt for people you deemed worthless was a quick way to being defeated. This idea grew in strength with decolonization and the various conflicts accompanying it; Europe realistically was not strong enough anymore to hold on to its colonies. Now, white Europeans say that the reason they are doing so much better than the rest of the world is because they wronged and exploited other peoples, rather than what they did over a century ago, that their culture and people were better and that this justified a White Man's Burden approach.

>ageist

Pulled that out your arse like farages £350mil

> What was the origin of White Guilt
The weight of crimes committed by white man is an origin.

Building the modern world sure is an unforgivable deed

It's the rich white men who are the biggest proponents of white guilt. Poor, working class white men are behind phenomena like Trump and Brexit, while the rich are gnashing their teeth at the sheer horror of those things and how 'bigoted' they are.

You can only pretend to be the friend of the oppressed so plausibly when everyone on your side is an establishment politician, a Hollywood actor, or a corporation like Google for so long, and then people start to smell the shit you're peddling.

>rich, racist white men

You do realize that that the EU is a neoliberal project meant to make those EVIL RICH WHITE (HOW DARE THEY BE WHITE) MEN more rich?

YOU do realize that the main backer of #REMAIN was fucking Cameron?

>The weight of crimes committed by white man

What white man? The Spanish? The English? Who?

Also I'd like to point out the fact that there are zero countries in the west where you can inherit crimes from your parents.

If you agree that whites should pay reparations, you also agree to the fact that if your dad died before he could serve his sentence/before he was sentenced, you are obligated to finish that sentence.

>reaction to Donald Trump's run for presidency in the US

Are you saying it's odd that the media reacted negatively to the guy who wants to build Wall of China 2.0 and ban entire ideological groups of people from entering his country?

>probably in deep economic shit
Only if the EU decides to punish you more than is necessary. What is happening right now is currency volatility, but it's staying this way because Merkel has threatened Britain with soft sanctions if they don't bend over.

Joining the EU instead of joining the the trade union was a massive mistake and Britain no longer has a future. The good news is that if you are a British citizen you should be able to move to the Cayman islands with relative ease, and that's a rich secluded islands with no trade tax.

If you don't know how to work stocks/forex and you don't have a lot of money however, you are fucked.

I'm not a Trump supporter but and not even American, so please don't.

>build Wall of China 2.0

Border fence has been an option the U.S for years. Hillary supported building a border fence.

>ban entire ideological groups of people from entering his country?

This is just false. Trump has stated several times before and after that incident that he wanted a temporary ban to do screening process. His idea never was a permanent ban on all muslims.

>Hillary has supported building a border
She's supported open borders and is saying that illegle immigrants don't exist

The house is the only thing keeping the borders closed atm. If the democrats, secure open borders and give everybody welfare and voting rights, the republican party will never win an election again. The two parties would be the democrats and the neo democrats.

I don't know.

It completely confounds me that the people of today should be held responsible for things that happened in the distant past before they even came to be.

He can backtrack all he wants, but the fact is that it's an ideological war of rhetoric and he knows precisely what he's saying.

There may be areas that are fenced on the USA/Mexico border, but that's a far cry from "a nice big wall with Mexico".

>"I only wanted to temporarily ban an entire ideological group"

wew

I may be the strange one here, but from an outside perspective, this sounds crazy as fuck.

>She's supported open borders and is saying that illegle immigrants don't exist

Yeah, it's not like Hillary isn't someone who purposefully abuses progressive ideology to get support and hide the fact that she supports de-stabilization of the Middle East and is only in it for the money. She's the archetypical neoliberal capitalist

The fact that so many women and minorities in the U.S believes she is on their side is astounding.

>I may be the strange one here, but from an outside perspective, this sounds crazy as fuck

From an extremely sheltered perspective perhaps? Stopping the movement of people so you can get your screening processes etc in check isn't unheard of. European countries would have done the same if the refugee crisis hadn't hit them so abruptly.

I'm not american btw.

Open borders is a neoliberal capitalist project, dude.

Well, in my mind, there's a big difference between structural and policy reforms to better enforce work policy and hiring of immigrants and the building of a massive monument/barrier that will stand the test of time for thousands of years.

I mean, they're not even getting raided with fire and sword, it's just a bit of wage devaluation.

>Open borders is a neoliberal capitalist project, dude

Yeah, it is. You have to remember that EU open borders extend to more things that humans.

>um
Go kill yourself, dumb slut.

>racist and bigoted
>islam and illegal immigrant are now races

It's because of retards like you that Dallas happened

> If you agree that whites should pay reparations
Wouldn't you pay debts of you father if he died?..

Not if he didn't have any slaves

When can eastern Europe and north Africa expect their reparations from Turkey?

Personally? No fuck that guy, he already is living in debt and ill be damned if i pay a single penny, ill change my name and move country before that happens?

What your actully trying to say? Double no because:

1. there has been no proof any of my lineage has benifited from slavery.

2. Even if there was or im suppose to suffer as a collective, you can shove that idea because alot of the supposably 'oppressed' are probably doing equally if not better than me or my family finacially.

t. working class scum.

The cold war is called "cold" for a reason, as we never actually fought Russia. Furthermore, most of those proxy wars, particularly Vietnam, faced SEVERE backlash from civillians at home.
Also, notice how none of these proxy wars were in Africa. In fact, the US allowed commie rebels to take over Rhodesia out of fear that we'd be called racist for supporting the (then stable and integrating) Rhodesian government.

You're not wrong. But you're missing an important detail: all narratives are fabricated.

"White" doesn't exist - this is objectively true. "Black" also doesn't exist - it is a convenience of categorization that has roots in dehumanization and the attempt to ignore the specific national heritage of those who were taken as slaves.

But that doesn't mean that people don't construct "whiteness" and "blackness," and it ignores the fact that they've been doing so for so long that each invented group has acquired a certain "culture" of its own.

Yes, we're fighting ghosts here. But the ghosts are very real, and you cannot destroy them with logic outside of your own mind.

I applaud your ability to apply critical analysis to the sociological situation and arrive at the conclusions you have. It gives hope that reason may actually win out in the end.

But many, many people are superstitious, and they fear the degree to which their own identity would be destroyed by facing the truth.

Be patient, and know that the "progressives" have not given up on unity. They just recognize that before we can move on, we have to face the very real injustices at hand and endure the ritual of history.

I believe you will find vindication in the end.

>mfw I took a statistics class last semester with a nice woman in her 30s who used the terms cuckservative and alt-right, and was rooting for Trump

Yeah it's getting pretty bad.

The whole US election has become one big meme and it's frankly quite upsetting.

I'm not even a lefty but you're being willfully ignorant if you think the anti-immigrant and anti-Islamic sentiment, justified or unjustified as it may be, isn't at least somewhat racially charged.

Interesting approach, bringing up master-slave morality (N.'s early and foundational work - definitely compare it with the Apollonian versus Dionysian framework from which I think it has a natural origin).

I don't know if Nietzsche would necessarily look at White Guilt as a (re)appropriation of slave morality, however - the original application was to explain the rise to majority that the Christian church saw post-Constantine, and to suggest that cultures are afraid of the freedom that being a "master" actually entails.

This is not what's happening with White Guilt. It's about facing the long-term consequences of systemic actions that take generations to see the effects of. It's about recognizing that the reconstruction-era lynchings and attempted genocides have installed a very materially-forced poverty in the majority of families whose roots stem therefrom, and that changing that takes intentional effort instead of vainglorious hope that some sort of free-market solution will present itself.

The Ubermensch, after all, is beyond Good and Evil, but is painfully aware of his historical responsibility borne from an atheistic and objective acceptance of action and consequence.

You need a hug.

Honest question: Do you possess the ability to think beyond your own personal life?

It's tough to do.

I don't know the shade of your skin, but I do know that if it's lighter than a certain color, then you have white privilege.

Don't freak out about this - it's not your fault, and you shouldn't feel bad.

But you don't know how many times you *haven't* been pulled over because you were automatically determined as less threatening because of your skin tone.

You don't know how many jobs you were able to get because your employer "just had a good feeling about you," and that feeling was the invisible and unconscious bias toward a fairer complexion.

I'm not saying your life is great and you're rich and powerful because you're white. That's not what white privilege is. Please don't misinterpret because you are mad at a system that absolutely exploits your labor and gives you endless shit to the same degree as any other person who didn't inherit wealth - plenty needs to change.

But to ignore the fact that you inherited, simply by being born into the body you have, a certain amount of social capital and the ability to avoid scrutiny by people who literally think dark skin means you're automatically prone to criminal behavior... you're being willfully ignorant.

I'm not even saying there's no such thing as "black privilege" - there is. Having people think you have magic sex-skills (albeit paired with the fear of rape), or assume you're a brilliant athlete or musician just because you look like it, that's a certain type of privilege as well.

But it comes with a terrible, dehumanizing history of being treated like chattel. And we should all just stop and recognize that.

I know, some Veeky Forums thread probably isn't going to change your mind. But maybe you'll just reconsider the knee-jerk reaction to the idea of white privilege and white guilt, and the idea that maybe a country built on slavery has some obligation to make amends.

It's worth a shot, at least.

So, because we didn't have people storming our physical borders and killing us directly, you think that means we were in a "pacifistic rut."

I double-dare you - no, triple-dog-with-a-twist-of-lemon dare you, to walk into a FVW and make that argument.

I'm sure they'll love your reasoned analysis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism

This country was not built on slavery, it was built by Americans (Ethnic Europeans)

I don't care if I have privilege, I don't care about alien races that invade White countries. Blacks deserve a free ride back to Africa, that's it. Get triggered.

Why do you guys always capitalize 'white'?

Holy shit, is this real? 9/10 trolling if it's not.

this

You had me hooked until you brought up white privilege. 3/10 next time don't use the tumblr terms and you'll get people to read longer.

Why can't you guys entertain opposing views?

It's not that I can't entertain opposing views, it's that I have trouble entertaining such ridiculous views. Arguing with someone who seriously talks about white privilege from an anti-racist perspective is like arguing with a flat-Earther or someone that thinks vaccines cause autism; it's fruitless.

This is pessimistic, but I'm going to disagree. Your focus on realization and coming to grips is at odds with previous views of non-European peoples: that their people and cultures were inferior, and the "West was best". My use of Nietzchean terminology was imprecise, as the West was certainly still Christian back then and much imperialism was framed as helping, so it still had that slave morality vibe if you want to call it that (I'll admit Im playing fast and loose with Nietzche here).

I think that if the West was still capable of holding on to the colonies, like if WWII (or even WWI) had never happened, Europe and the US would still be carrying the "White Man's Burden" in a much more direct and persistent way than the current system where you need a pretext and grand humanitarian appeals like with the Iraq War. The West lost faith in its global "civilizing" mission for a number of reasons, but it still clings to the universalizing ideas of liberalism seen in documents like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

The poverty of many non-whites is something the West is facing the consequences of, as you state, but I'd argue that's not so much out of feeling bad (which is how I read your comment) as it is a subconscious realization that failing to address these issues will, short of going full Nazi and engaging in mass murder/deportation, in the long run destabilize society. To reference Nietzche again, this is sort of a pragmatic exercise of will to power: the West seeks to maintain its economic standards and its liberal, Enlightenment ideas, but doesn't have the power, or the faith in that power, to be as coercive and imperious as it used to, instead now the model is kinda to lead by example.

Not saying that every white person is a closet colonial racist (aside from /pol/ obviously), but I think there is still very much the belief that Western liberal principles are right and that the West does not want to lose the "progress" it has, and the only way to keep that is to attempt to bring up non-European peoples' standard of living so that they feel like they benefit from Western liberalism. Call it rational self-interest if you'd like. Maybe you and I are saying the same thing and I misunderstood your third paragraph.

So in other words you can't really refute what I'm saying. Otherwise you would have.
Furthermore, assuming we say your right, it still only applies to America. Western Europe has fallen from their warmongering days. And in the case of America, we were (and still are) the world fucking power. It would be bizzare if we never went to war. In order to keep our power, we had to fight sometimes. However, compared to previous super powers (such as great britain) our wars have been much smaller. In many cases, as you point out, our military actions aren't even known by our citizens, in spite of modern media. Thats how small many are. Perhaps "pacifistic rut" is a little too strong to describe America, but we are definitely not comparable to mamy past warmongering nations.

As an aside on white guilt itself, it stems from the systemic racism bullshit. They no longer have any real problems to complain about, so they make them up. They inject race bating into issues such as drug incarceration, which can be discussed and solved without bringing up race. Its all a way for the far left crazies to virtue signal and make themselves feel better.
The reality is, blacks and other minorities are perfectly capable of doing well. In fact, plenty of minorites are far more moneterily succesful than me, despite the fact that I supposedly hit the "genetic lottery" as a white male.
As we've seen with welfare and affirmative action, you can't force success. Blacks must strive for improvement as individuals. Only then will we see a drop in black poverty/crime.

Not one of the anons you're replying to, but here's the problem with any type of privilege analysis: it's tautological. How do we know certain groups have privilege? Because they're generally doing better; you can selectively cite history to show this. Why are certain groups doing better? Because they have privilege; now you can ignore historical or present facts that don't support your ideas.

If Donald trump makes the USA leave NAFTA there will be an international economic crisis.
If Donald Trump starts a trade war with China there will be an international economic crisis.
Donald Trump cant force Apple to manufacture their shit in the USA, unless the economy will no longer be free.
The USA has very low unemployment, and the strongest currency in the world.
Illegal immigrants are few in comparison to the rest of the world, 9-11 millions in a country with over 310 million inhabitants, and most are westernish people who want to be Americans and dont yell alahu akbar.
The average poor American would rather live from food stamps than work in agriculture or a chinese restaurant like an illegal immigrant.
If Trump wants to deport 11 million people in 2 years, the USA will have to become a police state, and there will be great humanitarian tragedies both in the USA and in Mexico.
Illegal immigrants are a scapegoat, but I think most Trump voters know that, what matters to them is preventing or slowing down a demographic change they dislike in their country, it is a racial issue, not an economic one.

Also, Republicans by choosing him and not Ted Cruz have proven that they no longer care about free trade, gay marriage and abortion.

Well said user well said indeed here have 100 internets

Donald Trump doesn't plan on doing any of those things. Those are populist promises.

He's just gonna pass minor sneaky legislation to help his own corporate interests once he gets out of office.

And he can't actually do most of the things he says, anyway.

Most people voted for Brexit to halt the mass immigration of non-native peoples. You cunt.

With elected leaders, there is always a small but significant risk that they'll do exactly what they said they'd do.

If that happens, everyone is fucked.

"or it is an age of degeneration, in which case it hates everything that justify itself, solely as being the outcome of a plenitude, or a superabundance of strength "

have you heard of Israel dude? but that's for jews only

Is this triggering you my reddit friend. Nobody here cares about your safe place

The solution to superstition cannot be the repetition, propagation and reinforcement of said superstition, and most importantly the political action deriving from it, beginning with educational programs at any level.

So-called "whites" shouldn't parade in chains in a public, sadomasochistic, secularized religious rituals in search of their own individual absolution.

They should spend time and money more efficiently by means of actually helping the disadvantaged, rather than their own "secularized souls."

Likewise, the creation of a horde of "early Malcom X" wannabes, and other vengeance-seekes and apartheid apologists has nothing to do with the realization of MLK's Dream.

They are what the honest to God "white" supremacists and the people that want to arm both sides of a "civil" war, and a race war had always dreamed of.

And by dreamed of, I mean they almost lost all hope of it.

They prayed to the god of hatred and racism every single night that he wouldn't let the magic go away, that he wouldn't procrastinate the apocalyptic battle between "white" and "black" anymore, that the ghosts would forever remain real.

Don't race bait if you don't want a race war.

But I'm stating the obvious here, it's all a big fat tautology.

Alas, not only was the union of humanity erased from the agenda, what was supposed to be the party of reason forsook reason too.

Behold the party of spooks, false consciousness, commodified liberation, and Porky's revolution.

>That's sort of a dodge to bring up the slavery that existed in Africa, because it's literally irrelevant to the system of chattel slavery that the U.S

How is it irrelevant? You realize that Europeans wouldn't have been able to get even close to the millions of African slaves without the help of African kings, right? African rulers played a huge role in the slave trade, to deny them any involvment is just being ignorant.

>legitimate aspects of white guilt

No such thing. Why should we be judged for the sins of our fathers?

>legitimate white guilt wew
So much mental gymnastics

Trump didn't say "illegal immigrants are rapists" he specifically said "Mexicans are rapists".

>the US allowed commie rebels to take over Rhodesia out of fear that we'd be called racist
By who? And why would we care? And why did we continue to support the (racist) government of South Africa till the very end? This is the most retarded analysis I've ever read, except for your other post.

>we left Europe on fascetious grounds
>implying you have any idea why people voted Leave

not one of the Remain voters I know has any idea of the arguments for Brexit beyond the strawmen set up by their side. According to them the only people who voted Leave are racist Little Englanders who didn't really know what they were voting for

Latino here, you're a faggot.

>debt
No, because you can cancel inherited debt.

The more accurate analogy is, would you be arrested for the crimes of your father?
Don't think so.

KYS

Oversimplified explanation of something you plebs don't understand and it's easier to call everyone and everything racist. It's a clash of two worlds, you have ordinary Joe who works and is trying to to raise his two kids, pays taxes and sees how some unknown brown people with widely different culture moved in the neighborhood and consequence of that is that criminal activity raised and he doesn't feel safe anymore, while on other side you have John designer, driving mini, wanna feel good about himself and pretend how he is a good person so he vote liberal, but in the same time he's probably living in 99% white neighborhood. So my opinion is that those "progressive" individuals are feeding themselves with "refuge welcome" altitude instead of religion.

>By who
Our own citizens of course.

>Why care
Because they were fucking commies. In the same way we cared about the spread of communism in Asia, we should've cared about it in Africa. Then maybe we wouldn't have the shithole that is Zimbabwe.

>South Africa
The US did attempt to support SA out of fear of communist take over, but all that really amounted to was going against sanctions. And eventually the US did actually SUPPORT sanctions against the apartheid government, as a way to force integration.
As we can see, integration sort of worked out for them, as they didn't kick out all the whites and install fucking warlords as leaders.

>deep economic shit
when will this meme end, the british stock market is at its height in the past year, while germoney went down 10%

the ottoman descendants should pay back all money made from european clay + reparations from the wars + give back the byzantines their country
t. reparations guy

>gets pissed at anyone not agreeing with you
>tells other people to go back to their safe space

Alright.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-35686104

say again?

>As we can see, integration sort of worked out for them, as they didn't kick out all the whites and install fucking warlords as leaders.
it was because of mandela desu

it's only a safespace/hugbox if your shit can't be seen, like deleting posts

None of the popular atheists know Scripture well enouh to settle debates; neither do I follow the popular nor do your deluded retarded memes apply to me. My post was antitheist. I somewhat doubt your kind can learn new proper words.

Mandela is a questionable character. It's undeniable that he supported terrorist actions. He gets more credit than he deserves imo.
I wish people wouldn't compare him to King or Gandhi, people who stood for only non violence.

Why doesn't any of this guilt exist in Latin America when like 95% of slaves went outside USA in the Americas? And Spanish and Portuguese were notoriously heavy handed on the Native Americans. In fact black slavery started partly because there was fear of oppressing the natives to extinction, they were dropping like flies.

Because Latin America is a shithole with enough problems without needing to fabricate new ones.

That's not ignorant at all

>anti-immigrant
Stop this shit

if kek wills it

>if the US government stops bending over to the world's collective dicks it could come with a risk

Wow go figure

Just like the economic crisis that Brexit would precipitate.

Its amazing how as soon as a politician starts talking populism, leftists come crawling out of the woodwork screeching about economics, free trade, and the American identity.

Or maybe, just maybe, normal evolutionary and biological processes affect humanity just as much as every living thing and racism is the natrual external expression of subconscious observations?
jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
cs.mcgill.ca/~akazna/Kaznatcheev20100515.pdf

any more?

Yeah, all those horrible medicines and laws.

>what have the Romans ever done for us?