How come the Southern US never had a successful slave revolt like Haiti?

How come the Southern US never had a successful slave revolt like Haiti?

American niggers are dumber than french niggers.

Haiti was like 90% black, an island, and across the atlantic ocean from support

The south war never more than 35% black.

You win.

Guns nigger guns

This was legitimately what i thought, I'm haitian myself and always wonders if there was a personal difference
also in case someone says it we didn't kill all white folks poles defected and we mixed with them

Haitians are the dumbest niggers in the western hemisphere actually, their adult IQs are 60 on average 60 thats terminal retardation in white people, and black americans are at 84 to 79.

You forgot to mention that France gave less of a fuck than the US did.
>Slaves revolt in Haiti
French perspective
>Lost colony
>Less profit, but you're still fine
Meanwhile
>Slaves revolt in the South
Southern US perspective
>Lost workforce
>Lost livelihood for many individuals
>Suddenly the trees start growing strange white fruit with you and your families face on them
>You're already dead because the slaves killed your ass for treating them like property

People in the US were fucking terrified of a potential slave revolt. It hit way too close to home for a lot of slave owners and their paranoia made them keep a close eye on their slaves and actively attempt to stamp out any dissent before it got to that point.

I kinda feel bad for Haiti

>work in terrible conditions that resulted in a quick death as replacing you was cheaper
>finally revolt but to do not education bungle the infrastructure
>all your neighbors fucking hate you and refuse to trade with you
>everything goes to shit as you have no money and no one to trade with
>get turned into the US bitch eventually where they keep bloodthirsty psychopaths in power because, not commies?

They were fucked from the beginning

>Implying they didn't deserved it

They definitely did.

I maintain that Napoleon only made three big mistakes in his reign: reinstalling slavery, assuming the Russians are human and assuming Krauts are reliable. Only the first is entirely inexcusable.

But really, the Haitians deserve everything they got. They revolted against their betters and today Haiti has more slaves than it ever had under French reign. And let's not forget how this celebrated revolt which John Green and his ilk deem of equal importance to the French Revolution entirely gloss over the GENOCIDE of whites on Haiti.

Look where it got them. French Guyana, which has always been FAR less profitable than Haiti, now has living standards that makes Eastern Europeans green with envy. Haiti is the poorest country on the Western hemisphere.

The Haitian revolt succeeded only because Napoleon didn't give a fuck about that shithole.

But it wasn't a shithole at the time. It succeeded because he was busy with waging war with whole Europe

Dessalines literally ordered the deaths of the white minority

The Haitian revolt made the south wise up

There is nothing >successful about chimpouts. See how it worked for Haiti.

It was a shithole in the sense that every commander he sent there was struck down by some disease or other. It wasn't worth the manpower needed to quell the revolt.

>finally revolt but to do not education bungle the infrastructure

As always slave revolts only happen and can succeed when slaves approach 50% of population. Roman Italy had like 40% slaves and only had revolts because the dumb fucks gave their slaves weapons.

Yeah, yellow fever was a major reason the expedition failed. But would argue about if it wasn't worth it. >40% of all import was coming from Haiti

But why were there so many slaves in Haiti compared to other colonies?

Because of shitloads of coffee and sugar plantations

There have been many more African American academics than Haitians, so call me skeptical

Yeah your understanding of Haitian history seems to put you right on the top of Mount Stupid

> Haitians hear about Declaration of Rights of Man
> Reasonably think it applies to slaves as well

> American slaves hear Declaration of Independence
> Dont do nuffin about

Both documents proclaim that all men are created equal, yet one group of slaves moves to adopt it into a social cause while the other doesn't do anything about it.

That's the point of those islands in the caribbean. To have a lot of black slaves for plantations. They were useless for anything else.

The Caribbean is largely black because the islands served little purpose to European powers other than as ways to get sugar.

Only the Spanish Caribbean possessions experienced much European settlement. Spain's less mercantile colonial strategy encouraged free tenant farming and the creation of cities, which encouraged the arrival of European colonists for centuries.

My guess is that because American slavery was somewhat less brutal than Haitian slavery, slaves were less willing to forfeit their own lives for the potential freedom of their brothers and sisters.

In Haiti, death would come regardless.

African Americans are pussies, just like Euro-Americans

T-Haitian.

R'ing the "Don't look, Timmy!" meme variant with Toussaint L'Ouverture

Go ahead and enlighten me then, or would you prefer drive-by comments that refer to memes as if they were insults?

There's two early colonial separatin revolts: the american and the haitian. The success of the american one made it relatively prestigious. The horrors of the second one horrified all the world and specially the americas. 'We need to avoid being another haiti' was always in the brains of every nation in the western hemisphere.

But wouldn't the ability to understand that the writers of the Declaration of Independence didn't really pretend to free slaves make the blacks in the USA more intelligent? Crying 'IT SAYS ALL MEN CRACKA' and starting killing everyone out of naive frustration is not really a sign of inteligence.

Even in spanish caribbean, european settlement is a (relatively) recent phenomenon. A lot of Cubans descend from spaniards, but very few of them can say their ancestors were in Cuba for a long time.

Is there an American equivalent of Toussaint L'Ouverture?

You can't excuse slaves for taking advantage of progressive laws their masters made for their own ends. Besides, I'd be pissed if I were a slave and my sjw masters released some radical enlightenment document about all men being free.

Only if you include the shitty mountain parts where the Southern bourgeoisie couldn't be assed to build plantations.

Much of the inland Deep South and Carolina lowcountry (collectively known as the "black belt") is still majority African American today.

Jefferson actually refused to conduct any trade with Haiti, because he didn't want to legitimize a slave revolt.

Pretty fucked up.

>have to pay a $40 billion debt to France just to get independance

For such an enlightened man, Jefferson could really be a backwards stick in the mud sometimes. I guess his stance on Haiti shouldn't be too surprising considering most of his contemporaries shared that same view on slavery, but the more l lesrn about the man, the more incredulous l am that he was practically deified.

Jefferson supported gradual slavery, unlike most radical abolitionists he worried about the future of his slaves when he outright freed them and treated his slaves well with good education. Most of his slaves he accrued through property transfer through inheritance and marriage. It was also very difficult for him to free his slaves without losing a lot of his asset worth.

End this >Jefferson wuz evil racist slaveowner meme

>End this >Jefferson wuz evil racist slaveowner meme

I never said that m8. Most of the southern Founders were slaveowners, and that's not really something they should be condemned about. Those were the times.

I was talking more in terms of >muh states rights and >executive tyranny while being something of a populist demagogue, but I guess that's off topic.

Martin Luther King Junior?

Well technically, they were the colonizers same as Frenchs, just not willingly

To my understanding, mixed members of society in Haiti were given better priveleges than slaves whereas in the US if you were mixed race you were still a slave. As a result, educated mixed race members of society can support the angsty slaves during the revolution.

Didn't Murikans also separate between field niggers and house niggers? Mixed race descendants were generally preferred as house niggers, weren't they? Because they were more "presentable"?

They were still slaves, whereas the gens de couleur were freedmen, some even owned plantations of their own.

There was also a sizeable portion of Quasi-Free slaves that, like Roman slaves who knew a trade, were allowed a degree of autonomy (provided they keep bringing in the money for Massa).

Haha figures the French lost they never kept their nig nogs in line.

> inb4 lost bc french

>implying the revolution in haiti was a good thing, for the indigenous peoples or otherwise.

Now your just being daft, lad.

>African Americans are pussies, just like Euro-Americans

do you mean european-decsended americans are pussies or europeans and americans are pussies?

If its the second one im affraid will have to engage in fisticuffs with you, you treasonous son of slave stock.

It's only logical. That would send shockwaves and be seen as encouragement to Slaves in America to dissent against the Government.

Nah other countries did much much worse.

>French Guyana,

Is shit and the only good part is that you can leech off France or immigrate there.
It's only purpose is to do rocket launches and military training.

i fucking hate people like you

he didn't imply that, in no way.

get some fucking reading comprehension you retard.

What was the alternative for people?
Slave revolts were popping up constantly so sooner or later a big revolution would pop up. If the Haitian revolution was stopped then it would inspire other. It also presented a big threat that shit was installed in the long run.

*unstable not installed.

Free them and deport them back in Africa, like British had done it on Jamaica just in smaller scale. Funny thing that after the revolt, new "elite" were mullatos, who also forcibly tried to continue sugar industry. So for the average ex slave nothing really changed

Generations of blacks were bred outside their ancestral homeland. Why would they leave their birthplace?

Those blacks mostly left of their own accord.

>successful

Now one of the poorest countries in the world

But that was due to more recent issues.

I mean succesful in that they become freed people afterwards, as opposed to American revolts where slave reviolts never led to a complete overthrowing of a white owner class. It does not necessarily mean that their succesful revolt would ultimately lead to a poor state afterwards.

This is Veeky Forums not /int/.

Way better than haiti.

Because they're forced to return.

It was never succesful at anything after independence, was it?

I never said that it would be a voluntary thing

Forced by who? The French left in droves and the mulattoes wanted to take over the plantation economy of the whites.

It did have times periods it did okay.

In that case Zimbabwe is the most successful country in Africa

That is a nonsensical comparison though.

Like with Code Rural, which denied peasant laborers (ex slaves) the right to leave the land, enter the towns, or start farms or shops of their own.
>Get your facts straight

And that user didn't even say that a revolution guarantees success or failure.
Compare the Russian to the French Revolution

Not all of Haiti's history the revolution and the years up to the American occupation.

don't wanna derail the thread but
>both countries expelled whites
>both countries tried to continue to working on plantations
>failed miserably
>pls gib food

Lot lot more to it then that but I have to go to work so I may respond back in a few hours.

Seconding this

frenchies only

What other whites were there?

the first gun control laws were to prevent free blacks and former slaves from having arms and killing former slave owners. in fact a lot of gun control until the 1980s was about disarming blacks and other minorities.

Poles and group of germans. French women had a choice to be spared if they married a non white.

Honestly, the fact that Haiti murdered 10% of its population was used by Southerners to justify continued slavery. It's hard to turn the other cheek when the other guy has a machete.

At least American nigs are more human than you fresh out of Africa jungle apes. Haiti is literally Africa in the western hermisphere its fucking amazing that not even Jamaica the most dangerous place in the Caribbean is Haiti tier and they make American niggers look civilized. It really shows how subhuman haitians blacks are.

Sharing some memes I found googling "Toussaint L'Ouverture meme"

Literal cancer

>French women had a choice to be spared if they married a non white.
I'm sure I will be called a lot of names that could range from SJW to /pol/tard, but that's actually even worst that just straight up killing them. It goes beyond race genocide, i's literal racist rape in order to fulfull race genocide.

The issue is that you're examining him through a modern lens of morality.

Nah I would call you normal human being, but we are living in a time of PC where everything is waycist, and in public places you have to choose your words. That makes me sad

>I would call you a normal human being

So many natural feelings/reactions are suppressed and socially taboo'd today in the name of liberalism

Yeah, actually you can say whatever you want but you have to be "oppressed". Funny thing

>go around and butcher every white person on the island, even the women and children
>wonder why white people wont trade with you

I agree more woth this sentiment, , you can judge people's actions in the past certainly but you can't assume their mind has the same ideas of moral and practical judgement that we benefit from today. For example, people's lack of knowledge about inflation and the effects of quotas led to stagnation during the French Revolution.

Can you blame them? Its not like they planned being a European level sovereign nation after the revolution, it was mostly about revenge. After the first major revolts, many slaves set up a primitive "Kingdom" in the mountains of Haiti.

The closest I would say would be this man.