Historical Dynasties in the 21st Century

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_pretenders

Some interesting ones below.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayezid_Osman
Current head of the House of Osman (Ottoman Empire)

>royalark.net/India4/delhi21.htm
Genealogy of the Timurid Dynasty (Mughal Emperors and descendants of both Genghis Khan and Timur the Lame)

>telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3537292/The-Chinese-man-who-would-be-emperor.html
Head of the Qing Dynasty (last Emperors of China)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz,_Duke_of_Bavaria
Legitimate heir to the Stuarts of England, Scotland etc.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Dimitri_Romanov
Potential head of the House of Romanov (last Tsars of Russia)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe,_Prince_Napoléon
Head of the House of Bonaparte (Napoleon obviously)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Friedrich,_Prince_of_Prussia
Great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Saxe-Coburg-Gotha
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3537292/The-Chinese-man-who-would-be-emperor.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_I_of_Romania
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe,_Prince_Napoléon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_von_Habsburg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Imperial_Family
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Saxe-Coburg-Gotha

>Head of the Qing Dynasty (last Emperors of China)

No he's not

Manchu fucking shits

>telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3537292/The-Chinese-man-who-would-be-emperor.html
This. If we're going to revive the monarchy then let's dig-up one of confirmed descendants of the Zhu family of Ming or Zhao family of Song.

2000 years and still going strong.

>Sonnō jōi

There's a sub-national elective monarchy in Ireland still

This is the current guy

What's it called?

Is that the guy who greets tourists when they dock on the island or some shit?

Tory Island, or Oileán Thúr Rí if you're feeling traditional.

Yeah, but he also plays accordian at the local pub and has a fancy chair he uses as a throne.

I'm descended from a rare and legendary imperial line. Not gonna name any names, but it's similiar to claiming descent from Gilgamesh, or Hercules. No one cares, but it's a good feel.

The mandate of heaven smiles upon the communist party, thus there is no need for replacement.

What a badass wikipedia page title

There's three Hawaiian heirs floating about. Even though I'm a haole I'd gladly remove others for a small, comfy estate and a Kamehameha cross

Liar

>Didn't post Habsburg-Lorraine

REEEEEEEEEE

>2016
>being a republic

Doubt he's lying, given that prolific rulers had/have thousands of descendents. He'd be one of many. Hell, you probably are too.

>The current year
>Caring about failures and not uniting behind Elizabeth II Britannia Regina, Americana Imperiatrix et Fidei defensatrix

If you're of European descent you have a pretty good chance of being a descendant of Charlemange.

If the house is older then it's almost certain.

>manlet genes stronk

He is the divine descendant of the sun goddess Amaterasu. He doesn't need to be 6'2".

The gods couldn't give their own children a stronger frame, huh?

Shit. I'm directly related to King Henry I of England. I should go to England and start a claim as a pretender.

Quads confirm.

So how closely related is your lineage? Like son of son of son.etc? Or cousin/uncle/granduncle

Qing had the Mandate of Heaven.

Deal with it.

Lets see if I can remember correctly.

>Henry gets married to what's her face
>have a son
>he gets married to some Norman

Pretty much just son-son-son. And i have the papers to prove it. I'm just on a shity windows phone, otherwise I'd post pics.

Oops, I meant a scott. My bad guys.

An internet search tells me there's no one currently pretending for the House of Normandy, seems like it's all yours m8

Unlikely considering Henry I's only legitimate son died without issue.

Damnit, I forgot about legitimacy. I think it was from a mistress. Either way, I have papers to prove it. I just need to figure out a way to post them.

Now now, some people can't help it. They're controlled by their media.

>tfw you will see her being gangraped by Somali Muslims in your lifetime

Feels bad man

I found part of the lineage papers. It was Robert, Earl of Gloucester. So I guess its more towards the Norman side.

Which, alas, means you have no claim on the English throne.

Or the County of Gloucester, given the line of descent.

>last member of the House of Osman
>worked in a New York Public Library
Damn, at least the Byzanbros went out with a bang.

Also, Napoleon looks aesthetic as fuck. I wouldn't shoot that guy.

This guy gets it

Hey, hey - now wait a minute!
What about the Hwan dynasty?

Some of the princes survived the Hyper War and their offsprings are the purest royal lineages in China.

I'm actually descendant of Charles Martel, but not Charlemagne. My family went to spain with Charlemagne to fight the Muslims and remained as rearguard and an outpost in case of future invasion

My family is, according to my gradfather, descended from some obscure croatian nobility. Our coat of arms is on the local church. Apparently we were also related to the Habsburgs distantly.

According to my great aunt, my family is descended from French royalty. She refused to elaborate, and had most of her private papers burned in her will.
I can only assume we're on the run from Napoleon's descendants.

So what are the odds that Prince Charles will abdicate the throne to Prince William when (if...) Queen Elizabeth dies?

I really hope he dies before her, or at least pulls a George IV

Why do you want him to abdicate?

None, because it would defeat all the benefits of monarchy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_I_of_Romania

Some of us still have hope

>Why do you want him to abdicate?

He'll be too old, after the Brits having an old as hell queen for the last 100 years.

And he's goofy looking.

>None, because it would defeat all the benefits of monarchy.

Because?...

>Because?...
Because monarchy isn't a popularity contest. That's democracy. Monarchy is about stability, investment, and long term planning.
If we're going to play fast and loose with the line of succession just because the media tells us to think of the heir as "goofy looking", despite all his good works, then why bother bothering them?

at least they have a healthy hairline

Latest Napoleon
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe,_Prince_Napoléon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_von_Habsburg

This is the current head of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine. I knew him and his heir once, they're all a bunch of idiots that would have no capacity to rule if they were restored to any throne. It makes me sad how inferior the current crop is to Franz Joseph or Otto (who was a genuinely awesome guy) but I guess it's an inevitable consequence of having so much prestige and money without actually having any responsibility to go along with it for so long. They dropped their claim to the throne a long time ago anyway.

Also, fun fact, he used to host a fucking game show in Austria.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Imperial_Family

If Monarchy was ever reestablished in Brazil we could actualy see a fight for the crown between the houses.

Pretty cute to be honest

I've always wondered where they got their income/wealth from. if they were deposed, do they still receive appanage? Income from renting land? Or did their ancestors just take a lot of wealth and invest it properly after they got deposed?

Isn't it actually gearing up between the two claimants? As in, people are sick of the shitty democracy which has been dreadful since inception, and now realise that the empire actually did well?
Read a few articles on it, and it's not yet time to celebrate, but there's hope.

I agree I've a incredible amount of Imperial flags during the protests of march.
But for monarchy to be brought back we have to choose which one of the claimaints deserves the crown.

they look like wax figures

That would potentially be big enough to stymie it.
Really wonder how that process would go.

>tfw there actually might be a real life Game of Thrones in Brazil

Either from lands still owned (as in, only the titles were removed), or they just had to get jobs. Hell, most current royals do have jobs.

Why not, our republic is already better than house of cards