PODCASTS!

I am looking for podcasts that deal with history primarily, but I also wouldn't mind ones dealing with philosophy and theology.

Some eras I am especially interested in:

Sumer, Assyrians, Babylonians, Khmer, Mycanaen civilizations.

Pre-judaic, pre-christian and pre-islamic religion.

Song, Han and Tong-era China.

The rise and fall of the Ottoman empire.

The Arabian caliphates from ~1000BC onwards.

Middle eastern and arabic geopolitics today.

The formation of the African Nations, the scramble for Africa, the decolonization period.

In here I will be posting some YouTube channels and podcasts, mainly on Philosophy and History. Please join in!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA
philosophy.ox.ac.uk/podcasts
youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA
nakedmormonismpodcast.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't help with the history stuff but since you mentioned Theology, the Ancient Faith website has 123 Podcasts with 25,592 total episodes, and 162 Specials with 1,428 episodes. I'm sure you can find something to interest you amongst all that.

Good luck in your search, user!

That is amazing, thanks so much. Precisely what I was looking for.

Maybe you will take a liking to what I'll be posting ITT.

Wes Cecil's lectures on YouTube:

youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA

This deals mostly with philosophy, but also "linguistics". Highly recommended. The lectures are very casual and easy going.

philosophy.ox.ac.uk/podcasts

The biggest collection of philosophy podcasts, incredibly varied and on a very high level of discourse.

youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA

"Military History visualized"

This channel is a goldmine. Every single video cites multiple peer reviewed sources, everything is explained so that even the layman can understand it without a problem.

bump

The History of Philosophy without any gaps is good, The Ancient World is a bit pretentious, but it's good.

Ah yes thank you I've actually listened to a few episodes. Liked it, but didn't stick with it because I'm a lazy piece of shit.

To add, I'd include the In Our Time from BBC4; Issues, Etc; WSCAL Office Hours, Reformed Forum, the Heidelcast, Glory to God w/ Fr. Stephen Freeman, and Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean.

As for quality podcasts on the ancient world and the East, I've learned to be wary. There was a good decade when ambitious podcasts on these topics popped up every week, but they all petered out fairly soon. It fucking sucks, but them's the breaks.

For history podcasts, my favorites are The History of Rome w/ Mike Duncan, The British History podcast, w/

thank you so much man, those are amazing!!

those podcasts that "petered out fairly soon", are they still available to DL? which ones were you referring to? I'd still download them if they have good information, don't really care if its just a few episodes each!

nakedmormonismpodcast.com/

This is a really good one I haven't seen mentioned. It's a serial history of the LDS church, starting with Joseph Smith's early biography. Even if you know the basics, the details are pretty amazing

>Sumer, Assyrians, Babylonians, Khmer, Mycanaen civilizations.

Checkout...

Rob Monaco's www.podcasthistoryofourworld.com, and

Scott C's ancientworldpodcast.blogspot.com

Both cover ancient early history at a level of detail other skip past.

never heard of the former! thank you very much kind user

>Song, Han and Tong-era China

thehistoryofchina.wordpress.com

chinahistorypodcast.com

>Middle eastern and arabic geopolitics today.

Try Jaime Redfern's series on the Arab Spring found at thehistoryofpodcast.blogspot.com.

>The Arabian caliphates from ~1000BC onwards.

Keep your eye on Elias Belhaddad's historyofislampodcast.blogspot.com. He has a long way to go till the caliphates, but he's making good progress with fine detail and study.

>Sumer, Assyrians, Babylonians, Khmer, Mycanaen civilizations.

This doesn't cover all you're looking for, but have a listen to King of Kings.

The podfather himself is covering the persian and greek wars.

www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-56-kings-of-kings/
www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-57-kings-kings-ii/

>The formation of the African Nations, the scramble for Africa, the decolonization period.

Hope someone has recommendations on this. I've shared some faves above, and would love to listen to a series focused on Africa.

>The Arabian caliphates from ~1000BC onwards.
The Caliphates didn't exit until Mohammad died and his cronies took over m8.

I.d. there are no caliphates around 1000 BC and the arabic tribes were never fully united unil Islam entered the stage.

>history of china podcast
My nigga

it's just retardation on my part, I obviously meant 1000 AD not BC.