What modern day country has been in decline for the longest?

What modern day country has been in decline for the longest?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjupe7B3ebNAhWB7xQKHba_ChoQtwIIHTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY&usg=AFQjCNGn3YdKI6S8xKyLmfOzv3DWSJpztA&sig2=t2OBE-8MyLRbiDmM3yeM6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Greece has a pretty big army though, despite their economy. Austria has like 10k soldiers

>Belgium has a Bigger Economy
>Turkey has a bigger Economy
>Bavaria has a bigger economy
>Most of the land it won in the Great Turkish war is Now Romanian
Is Austria the Louis CK of Western Europe

That expensive army will send Greece into further decline.

That's saying more about Hungary desu

suck my dick faggot

>muh grand standing armies
Poor compensation for being a blunder of a state

Mongolia has been irrelevant since Genghis Khan

Argentina is the only country to have regressed from being a developed country to a developing country

Italy is in recession or close to it since 1995, despite growing in population.

Canada is basically a failed state

"Mongolia" is just the demilitarized zone between Russia and China.

Kek

You're thinking of Belgium my friend

>No one has said France yet
The current government is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Their voters want to continue to push further left but their GDP forecasts mean they're unable to do so.

>been in decline for the longest

not yet. There's still time to save it

UK

Mongolia tbqh

France has been steaming downhill since the revolution pham

before that. Napoleon was a short spike during a long decline throughout the 1700s

Japan has been in full recession since the 80's despite increasing quality of life.

I'm assuming that is because all the nazi advisors have died off or been mossad'd by now

And to be fair, I'd rather live in Japan that has a stagnating GDP than India's high growth GDP.

Its still a shit hole.

Some parts of India are like Dubai while others are like Sudan

Pretty much whole West Europe

Babylonia

Austria at least developed in the last half century and is overall a first world country that is nice to live in.
Perhaps I'm only saying this because I live here, but Hungary has been in a decline since the mid 1500's with a small era of progress in the late 19th century.

You assume wrong

Japan. It's their third consecutive "lost decade" right now.

>Went from a Feudal Country centuries behind European Powers into Surpassing ALL European Powers with only The US not surpassed in a matter of a century

What happened to Japan?

Anime

Spastic

Economic miracles of the 20th century wore off

Compounded with a resurgence in xenophobic mindsets against a globalized world.

also, natality tanked like a madfuck

it's hard to explain, especially on Veeky Forums, considering that even top economists don't really know what happened or how to fix it. Basically they're suffering low growth and low inflation after the collapse of an economic bubble in the early 90s. I think it gets compounded by Japan's incredibly conservative culture.

To show how pants on head retarded japanese society is, look at the real estate market. In japan housing values decrease over time, meaning it's never an investment to buy a house because the japanese don't want to live in "used" homes.

watch princes of the yen for a real explanation instead of the crap the posters said here google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjupe7B3ebNAhWB7xQKHba_ChoQtwIIHTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY&usg=AFQjCNGn3YdKI6S8xKyLmfOzv3DWSJpztA&sig2=t2OBE-8MyLRbiDmM3yeM6Q basically a wartime economy model directed by the domestic ministry, directed it as well in peace time for the manufacturing of consumer goods, later becomes deregulated and a giant bubble rises on everything in Japan like real estate. bubble deflates, but Japan has such a solid rep it doesnt collapse into hyperinflation, but basically stuck in some sort of economic limbo for decades now.

It's a meme country to begin with.

Spain has been on the down spiral since they crashed the world economy with no survivors by over-mining and since the Defeat of the Spanish Armada

The Spanish soundly lost the first round. But their defeat was quickly followed by an disastrous English counter-attack where the English lost 40 ships. The Spanish actually retained naval superiority.

Well, they went from a very destructive civil war and authoritarianism to the 5th largest economy in europe and liberal democracy (inb4), so it's not just a downward spiral.