Is Australian history boring...

Is Australian history boring? I think it's pretty interesting a bunch of convicts being sent to Australia and building a great nation eventually earning their freedom.

The best war that Australia ever participated was the Emu War.

Explorer shennanigans are fun. Everything else up until the first world war is incredibly boring.
A lot of abo history is taught in primary school too, which should be considered a form a child abuse.

>building a great nation

I live in Australia and I can tell you that it's not 'great' by any means.

Comfortable living in the urban areas, sure. But there's nothing here that makes me feel proud of being a citizen.

It is great compared to much of the rest of the world take some pride in your nation.

But Australia has not done anything.

The last fifty years of Australian history is just either boring shit or non-existent.

Australia has no culture. Australian society is still 1950s 'niceness' with some 2016 SJW shit splashed in.

Australian politics right now is basically who can make Centrelink more efficient at feeding dole bludgers. Or when are homos getting married.

for you.

Honestly though, we have an amazing country overall, especially in relation to the historical norm, fuck you cunt, get into conservation or something.

All this greatness and so many Aussies can't get a gf

When will it end

;_;

we have the best fucking weather on earth. i dare any cunt so otherwise. but our politics is TOTAL SHIT and everyone is an irredeemable cunt, i should know since i voted for Pauline Hanson

conservation is a meme, it's the new engineering

Politics is fucked, but don't fuck up the bush.

I reckon any Australian that thinks we have no culture isn't particularly interested in participating in, or consuming it. Similar to Australian history in that regard I suppose, if all you want to do is just suck in grand narratives by osmosis prepare to be disappointed, but there's plenty of interesting stories even if you only delve as deep as pop-his.

>we have the best fucking weather on earth
I love Australia but I'm a snow nigger at heart and dream of migrating to somewhere it gets properly cold.

Australia is one of the greatest social experiments in history.

We had our times when the military overthrew our government, we had an Irish rebellion that almost overthrew the colony not to mention all the shenanigans with our military and how it once tried to get nuclear weapons without the governments permission.

Australian history is fucking great. Any Australian who says otherwise just experiences that classic Aussie phenomenon of cultural cringe which is just pathetic if you ask me.

Australia has so much local history recorded that all it takes is going down to your local library and delving through the huge amounts of resources they have on local suburbs and such.

>great nation

Same

>local history
>muh austere British reverend ran a settlement of 100 potato stealers
>confiscate land and babies from kangaroo niggers
>do nothing of note for 200 years except develop an unbearable accent

D

I don't think an of that is true, but here is your (you)

Not even mentioning Jack "The Big Fella" Lang stealing the NSW funds to stop the federal government from using it to pay overseas bond holders.

Australian history is fucking retarded. Half of it is just atrocities that I can use to BTFO SJWs when they get triggered by my accent

t. American living in British Alcatraz

Australia is aight but the best thing about it is wogs and chinks, hands down. Anglos are like the 'no fun allowed' version of Australians. And they fucking love active wear.

That been said I am from Melbourne, and most of the other states have better people, from what I've experienced anyway.

git fucked cunt

Chinese-Australian mustard race

We kill drop bears and eat them too

Yeah I think that qualifies as chink mate.

Go back to where you came from.

No.
Git fucked you abo fucker

As an Australian who does have some pride (not really at the expense of other countries, i just think you should be proud of where you come from), yeah, compared to say European/Asian/Middle Eastern history, its boring as fuck, for obvious reasons.

Its the nature of the old world vs the new. That being said, Australian history is also less interesting compared to alot of other "new world" cultures, like north/south America, I guess it comes down to how much of the history is recorded, for instance i have far more interest in the pacific islanders history in NZ from 1400's or so onward (whenever they settled NZ) then i do towards the Aborigines 40,000 or so year history on Australia, because we can discern more from it.

>Australia never had slaves

>Australia never had Indian wars

>Australia never had a civil war

>Australia never had native political innovation and mass political movement

Feels bad man

Yeah, we focus way too much on aboriginal history, when there's just not that much to be said.

Biotechnology wise they were interesting, but not for a history class, and there's only so many times you can hear about the fucking stolen generation before you start to think "How is taking children from tribes full of disease, teaching them about modern society and giving them access to education and medicine a bad thing?".

You know nothing about australian politics, our major issues are possibly losing our credit rating from debt, the privatisation of medicare (Which as much as the coalition denies them being interested in, you don't organise a taskforce to look into the possibility of something because you really don't want to do it) and the possible terror threat from ISIS, though less than other issues.

Gay marriage is pretty much a given at this point, both parties have said they'll do it.

Having a boring country is great dudes, it's all fun and games to shitpost about international events until you're in the middle of the shitstorm.

t.Europoor