Philosophy

>the absence of an objective meaning implies that you can enjoy the freedom of choosing your own meaning of life

I think some existentialist said this and I strongly disagree. Given the logical impossibility of free will, there is no way to "choose" my own meaning. Instead I am forced to experience an existence as a passively suffering observer of events over which I have no control. The general lack of purpose only adds to the suffering because it makes it harder to accept it.

Thoughts? Arguments? Agreement?

>Logical impossibility of free will
What did he mean (voluntarily, and with intent; proving metaphysical libertarianism once again) by this?

That is one handsome gorilla.

>Given the logical impossibility of free will

>passively suffering

>observer

>to accept it.

>accept

Looks like the pseuds are cannibalizing each other.

You bring up an important point. How can you reconcile the lack of free will with the hedonistic lifestyle? The conclusion is that both hypotheses are false. There is free will, and there is objective meaning.

>Instead I am forced to experience an existence as a passively suffering observer of events over which I have no control.

That's assuming you're mentally ill.

Are you OP?

If so, see a doctor and get medication for depression, because if you actually believe that everything is determined and that you have no free will, changing the chemicals in your head should help you, shouldn't it?

>objective meaning

Tell me, what is meant by "objective meaning"

You claim to have free will. So there is at least one decision you made "freely". I'll ask you to explain how you made that decision. Either you can explain it, or you can't. If you cannot explain it, then obviously you had no control over it and hence it wasn't "free". So let's assume you can explain it. That means you can name a procedure by which you made the decision. But following a procedure is deterministic and not "free". So unless you outright deny logic, free will is not possible.

>the logical impossibility of free will
When will you fucks come to understand that free will is not a binary "Have It" or "Don't Have It" but, like everything else, relative?

Rip harambe my nigga

>If you cannot explain it, then obviously you had no control over it
"logic"

Harambe was woke af.

Real lit nigga.

#justice4harambe

An observer who inhabits 5 dimensions would say that we do not have free will, as our entire existence is a single static object. We have knowledge of and can recognize this condition without losing free will from our own perspective, because our existence is embedded in that static object and we can have only limited knowledge of the future configurations that it will hold.

>claims to have control
>can't even say over what
Nice free will you got there.

>I'll ask you to explain how you made that decision.
By comparison to things with less control than myself, I come to realize that I have a degree of free will over them.

determinism is just a rationalization for your failures
you chose to reply to everyone in this thread lol

Determinism and free will aren't incompatible. The fact your will still follows a causal pattern doesn't mean that it's not free.

Quantum randomness makes free will impossible. Ultimately anything physical emerges from random collapses of wave functions and you have no control over that randomness.

Memeish as it is, you can't know anything for certain. Given that nothing is guaranteed to be as it appears to be, why worry or suffer? Why not just assume what makes you happy?

Believe you have free will, or don't if you prefer not to. It won't change anything, unless you want to believe it will, in which case that's just as likely as anything else.

But what scientists forget is that concepts like quantum randomness are their own observations. Free will is only "impossible" when you compare things to a universal state. Stop fucking doing that, and free will immediately appears in all things at varying degrees.

Compared to a universal state, nothing has free will. Outside that comparison, compared only to other things? I have more free will than an ant, because physically I am much more complex than an ant.

>If you cannot explain it, then obviously you had no control over it and hence it wasn't "free".
He could have forgotten it.
.i sei seldaumupli la'acu'i zo'e zo'e tolmo'i (basically same as the English)