Be on date with smart qt

>be on date with smart qt
>only second date I've ever been on in my life
>she talks about moral philosophy for about five minutes straight, then finally stops and goes, "I'm sorry, I guess I just got so full of myself...so, what's your moral philosophy, user?"
>"don't be a dick" I respond
>"that's it? so basically follow whatever norms of the zeitgeist are?"
>"no," I say, "just don't be a dick, even the Bible can be pretty much summed up as that."
>"huh" she says, and gets quiet
>we hardly talk at all for the rest of the date
>she didn't return any of my texts today
>tfw

Veeky Forums feels thread?

>moral philosophy
Should've just started spouting Stirner shit for the keks

yelling 'spooks' repeatedly just makes you look crazy

>..so, what's your moral philosophy, user?"

You dodged a bullet, she sounds pretentious. I once went on a date with this girl, who went on about how she was into "visual art" beforehand. I am really into painting and film-making so I was intrigued, plus she had this interesting sort of thick hipster college girl style that for some reason, and I am not proud of, turned me on a lot. Needless to say she meant "installation art" had poor and unrefined taste despite going to a prestigious private school and was not even connected in anyway to the local art scenes, which I had grown up around and were heavily into this overgrown 90's multiculturalist installation art. I came off as a jerk, I'm sure, but I couldn't help it

I'm only upset I never got to sleep with her, for some reason I can only get thin women

She is pretentious, except unlike most pretentious women she was right-wing. But she was still cute and I liked her, she wanted to do volunteer work for our first date but the project was cancelled at the last minute so we had to just go out to eat

bump

Were you put off my her moral philosophy? Are you worried you would alienate her if you said what your moral philosophy was? These are hard discussions to have on first dates, which is why "don't be a dick" is usually the safe way to go... doesn't sound like that worked for you here.

Seems strange to be so unreserved on a first date, but it sounds like even the girl realised that, and possibly became too comfortable without realizing.

OP's response was pleb as hell though, fuck, who wouldn't kill for a cultured girl that was modest?

No, I just don't really have a complex moral philosophy, at least not in the sense she does. She's mainly influenced by Confucius and Aristotle, but she said she had a great deal of respect for Kant even though she disagreed with him on some fundamental things.

She sounds like her head is so far up her own ass she can taste what she had for breakfast.

Okay, yeah, she does sound pretensious if she's talking about that on a first date; that's something I would more expect out of some dude who spends all his time here on Veeky Forums. First dates are for polite chatter and talking about shared activities or saying what your job is, not your view of the universe or your major life plans. If she looked down on you for that, and it sounds like she did, she's not worth your time, it wouldn't have worked out.

To be fair we had talked a lot before we went out, and she only seemed to start liking me after we talked about Shakespeare and started quoting it to each other in a flirty way

do you have any autismal hobbies/interest yourself?
if you happen to go on a date with her again maybe you could try and give her the same medicine and see how she reacts

>>"no," I say, "just don't be a dick, even the Bible can be pretty much summed up as that."
She didn't text back because you're an idiot

Was this talking done online? A lot of the time the jokes made chatting online or by text don't really translate in person, because people have an idea in their head as to how the other person would be saying it, which then clashes with the reality of actually meeting that person.

It sounds like she may have thought, "oh we've talked online a bit, so now we know each other and I can open up about my moral views." This isn't a good idea from my experience, best to treat it like you're two strangers meeting when you met online or something.

>after 4th date with this girl, she's getting her second masters in international relations or some bullshit
>run into her the when in town with some buddies
>she attended this seminar about the refugee crisis, asks my opinion about it
>I pretty much know exactly what she wants to hear
>instead though: "Well, it's difficult...."
>I start a 15 minute monologue about all possible implications of immigration, leeway into destabilizing factors in the middle east, and wind up talking about how growth-based economies are a remnant of the industrial revolution that will cause our downfall.
It took a surprising amount of time to not work out after that

>>"no," I say, "just don't be a dick, even the Bible can be pretty much summed up as that."

>tfw OP realizes he hasn't read the bible

No, it was mostly in person

>Girl dumps him because he wouldn't put out conversationally

>Okay, yeah, she does sound pretensious if she's talking about that on a first date

I did something similar on my first date with my current girlfriend. But then again, I am that guy, I do spend way too much time on Veeky Forums.

Give it more than a day before you start panicking, first off.

Secondly, if she's that easy to put off that she'd basically go "fuck this guy" for you not going full on philosopher on your first date you dodged a bullet anyway.

She thought you were belittling her interests and her ideas by summarily dismissing them.

Give her some space, then after a while send an apology text that acknowledges what you did wrong, how it made her feel, and that you're sorry.

Or, let her go and move on. Your call.

>then after a while send an apology text that acknowledges what you did wrong, how it made her feel, and that you're sorry.

There is no quicker way to dry a vagina.

>attempt to discuss spooks in public
>get beat up by a black person

He's trying to reestablish contact with her. Worry about her vagina later. Not everything in relationships is about sex.

>tfw moral relativist

>going on dates with qts
>not staying pure

You deserve it, faggot.

Even then you don't apologize, especially not through an apology text.
That kind of shit has never worked out well for anyone; maybe if you for real, actually have decided you just want to be friends with her

Kek same here, I am always surprised how people can be so ignorant on that topic,so lately I just nod politely and make sounds like sure or avoid topic at all

Agreed, never apologize for your opinion, you can acknowledge her opinion but never apologize for your own, or she will look at you like you are chair or a lamp or a brother

"Don't be a dick" seems to me to be a pretty good way of summing up the foundations of the best moral philosophies.

She was a bit harsh on you, user.