What's the best time to put a short in on a company with a hugely overvalued product?

What's the best time to put a short in on a company with a hugely overvalued product?

Pokemon Go is shallow and shit and only got hype through the Pokemon name. Its millenial userbase will drop off precipitously in the next few weeks as the novelty fades.

I'm thinking it would be the day before they publicise user retention numbers but I have no idea when that would be or how to go about finding out that information.

When you feel people wanna take the earns home.
Yesterday would've been best.

It dropped this morning we already missed the window fml

And what happens to your short when Zelda Go comes out in January? Mario Go?

Animal Crossing Go?
Donkey Kong Go?
Eggerland Go?
F-Zero Go?
Fire Emblem Go?
Golden Sun Go?
Kid Icarus Go?
Kirby Go?
Metroid Go?
Pikmin Go?
Pilotwing Go?
Star Fox Go?
Steel Diver Go?
Super Smash Bros Go?
Wario Go?

Before they add gen 2

Actually.. How would you short Nintendo anyway?

I tried to sell short NTDOY on TDAmeritrade just to see if it would work and it says "You cannot short sell OTCBB securities".

So Nintendo is the new Tesla in Veeky Forums's eyes? Doomed to fail any day now for being 'overvalued' and 'a meme' but never does? And we'll see threads every day about it? It'll only be a matter of time before we start calling anyone who thinks Nintendo isn't going bankrupt a redditor, right?

You know, it's funny actually, ever since these threads have been popping up, I haven't seen any about Elon or Tesla. Almost as if they're made by the same people.

Did any analyst actually put up a decent estimate of the profits Nintendo can make of this? Every analyst keeps mentioning direct profits from the game and how Nintendo only owns about 10% of Niantic.

What about indirect profits? How many extra copies of Sun and Moon can they sell? How many kids will want a Charmander doll? Increased interest in TV shows? A new movie coming up? What about other IP?

buy puts

Or covered calls

How do we capitalize on pokemon go? Other than investing, where is there money to be made? (Not investing)

>next few weeks

Unless they decide to roll out gen2 and 3 by the next month

GTA Go would be good

>What about indirect profits? How many extra copies of Sun and Moon can they sell? How many kids will want a Charmander doll? Increased interest in TV shows? A new movie coming up? What about other IP?
Yep and this is why Nintendo's boost in stock price is not overvalued. Hell think of push notifications. Nintendo just got the ability to send marketing messages to the phones of hundreds of millions of people.

OP is an idiot.

If you're lucky enough to have a shop that is a PokeStop or Gym you should advertise that. Maybe offer a meaningless discount to Poke players.

buy puts

I actually run (my parent's) restaurant/pub that is a pokestop, but it's in an area with Z E R O foot traffic.

But I'm trying to think big here, user. Maybe place QR codes at pokestops that send people to an online store?

Playing the game yourself and selling accounts.

Gen 2 is confirmed to be coming out in December and gen 3 early 2 quarter 17

>GTA Go would be good
kek i'll lmao at the chaos it'll create

While the Nintendo stock has gone down for a couple of days, Pokemon go came out in Japan this morning. The market opens in 2 hours. It's time to get in NOW.

>overvalued product?

I don't' think so. They're going to monetize this crap.

That's not a bad idea. Get pokemon gear from ali, set up an eBay shop (or your own website, if you're so inclined), advertise your shop via scannable links you place at poke stops.

Already valued in, obviously.

cancer pls go