Is there anything more redneck than 'you're 18 now you're on your own good luck'. Why do parents do that shit?

Is there anything more redneck than 'you're 18 now you're on your own good luck'. Why do parents do that shit?

I have failed at "life" twice...
I am thankful my rich father always lets me come back...
I would have done something horrible like join the military if he hadn't...

Builds character.

Failure here.

My folks have coddled me my whole life and I wish they had hardened up WAY sooner because it would have gotten me ready for this.

Now I'm 28, scrubbing toilets part time (no full-time jobs in my area, still waiting for call backs for other part time positions but it's been 3 months and no bites), still living at home, and am reminded of the burden I am on the family on a daily basis.

My anxiety is starting to become a real problem, too - I can't sleep for more than just a couple of hours per night, my heart races every conscious moment, and my attitude has become piss-poor since I haven't been sleeping and have been a nervous wreck for the past 3 months.

Haven't had a girlfriend/sex in 4 years - can't put myself out there because I know how much of a failure I am and I can't bring myself to "bring a girl home" to my parents house at 28 years old.

Ready to an-hero - helium tanks aren't very expensive but it'd cost the rest of my savings to get myself an exit bag. That's literally the only reason I haven't bought one yet.

Have you thought about actually applying for jobs on craigslist, or starting a fake company to give yourself a better job on the resume...

Lie and say you have a 4 year degree (as long as it is not a CPA/nurse job no one checks!)

why don't you move somewhere else to find a job?

mexicans come over the border with less than you have and "make it"

Children are an investment.
Your parents cutting you off as soon as their obligation ends just means that they have accepted they won't be seeing any returns instead of falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

Moving costs money I don't have. I wouldn't be able to afford first and last month's rent, let alone the security deposit and utilities for the first month.

I tried applying out of state when I had some money saved up 3-4 months ago, but I never got any bites and follow-up calls resulted in "We've already filled the position". Employers see an out of state application and toss it.

Mexicans come here and "make it" because they're cheap labor and they cram 4 families into a 1-bed 1-bath apartment where everyone chips in on rent and bills. If I move it'll be by myself.

so live on the street until you get your head out of your ass. I find it really hard to believe you can't find a full-time job flipping burgers. McDonald's exists everywhere, not to mention the myriad other fast food chains.

If you still can't figure this shit out, try crime. Credit card and identity fraud are fucking easy to commit, and pretty easy to stay undiscovered if you're not a retard and research proper opsec. Or order drugs off the DNMs and sell to people you know. Guarantee there is a shortage of at least one type of drug in your area, for me it's acid.

>live on the streets
It just might come to that.

>full-time job flipping burgers.
That's not a thing, user. Full-time anything is scarce anymore, and part-time won't pay bills.

>try crime
So i can fail a background check if/when I finally do get a break? Doesn't seem like the right answer here, user.

I'm open to other ideas. I have my A+ and Net+ certifications but the tech industry is heavily saturated. I can't even build PCs and sell them on eBay because others are building PCs that would cost me $500-$600 to build and program and they're selling them for $300.

Children are a choice with no means of profit

they are sort of like pets, it's equally wrong to kick them out just because they became big and uninteresting

helium tanks dont work anymore since they mix them with oxygen

>That's not a thing, user. Full-time anything is scarce anymore, and part-time won't pay bills.
Is the entry-level job market really that bad in the states?

>So i can fail a background check if/when I finally do get a break? Doesn't seem like the right answer here, user.
You already have the wrong attitude. Purpose of researching opsec is so that you DON'T get caught. It's just a suggestion, but you don't seem like the type who could do these things, morally speaking anyhow. But you already have N+ which means you have some knowledge at least, has blackhat crime never occurred to you?

The other option I can suggest is to move to Alberta. There is so much work here for IT and otherwise. Even though we're in a recession there's oodles of work to be had here.

One way to fix this, backpack for a few months in a random direction, stop somewhere you like and start a new life, although your failure is likwly your fault having that negativity around you full time will cripple you further, trust me

OP should listen to this guy, too.

>If I move it'll be by myself

>not sharing a flat with a dudebro that gives you blowjobs and handjobs

what the fuck is wrong with you

is OP gone?

more like dead

and here we are, busting our asses to provide meaningful suggestions in order to improve his excuse for a life.

god damn it OP

>Is the entry-level job market really that bad in the states?
Yes, it's what happens when you send jobs overseas and then grant amnesty to all of your illegal immigrants.

>You already have the wrong attitude.
My piss-poor attitude is a direct result of my anxiety, which is a result of my situation. It's a very toxic cycle and it's becoming exponentially difficult to break it.

>has blackhat crime never occurred to you?
It has, but like you say - I'm not one to go through with this because of moral objections. My anxiety would get to me just like it is now.

>Move to a recession-stricken area, at least there's plenty of work
Being from the US and having just gotten through a recession, it really doesn't seem financially wise to do this.

Very attractive concept, but I think you missed the part where I'm an out-of-work PC/network tech whose savings is just about depleted. I don't have a backpack or tent or any outdoorsy know-how/experience.

I'd be open to the idea of having flatmates (no homo), but like I said I'd be moving out there on my own and it's going to take time to find flatmates. During that time the burden of paying for the flat falls to me, and I can't afford it.

I'm stuck here, spiraling downward until my folks die and I have to sell the house to make ends-meet, aren't I?

Your attitude fucking sucks, man. You're bitching about not having suitable employment and when told to move, you say it's not financially wise?

What the fuck

I thought you were getting kicked out?

Try killing your parents if that helps sell the house faster

>Your attitude fucking sucks, man.
No shit - I'm in a seemingly trapped position and you're suggestion of "throw caution to the wind and move" isn't feasible. It costs money to make the changes your suggesting and I can't front the cash for it.

No, I said I wish my parents had been tougher on me and made me try living on my own, instead of letting me live at home 10+ years after highschool. It's shitty parenting. That's not to say I'm not a shitty son for taking advantage, but it takes two to tango. Both of us are shitty for letting this go on for so long, and now it's all I know.

It is entirely feasible. People have started with less than you and made it. You're just not willing to face true hardship.

Where do you live? I want to see the job boards.

Ocean County, New Jersey

There's literally 1000s of jobs on indeed for that area. Do you drive? Is there public transit?

It can work, assuming they've been good parents and actually raised you/set you up to be independent by then.

Otherwise, it's just a continuation of them being shitty parents; what did you expect.

I have a car, but I might have to take it off the road next month. There is public transit but it's unreliable. There are just too many people around here.

I've been using Indeed, Linkedin, Craiglist - you name it - for the past 6 months. I've searched NJ jobs on NJ.com, read the local help wanted ads in the papers, and even have my folks talking to everyone they know to try and get me in somewhere. The only place to call me back in 6 months is the cleaning company I work for, and every other position I've applied for gets filled before I try to follow up on my application.

In NJ it's all either part-time work to avoid paying benefits for the employees, work I'm not qualified for, or a commute I am unwilling to travel (60+ miles).

Before all this, I was working for a help desk that paid well and provided benefits, but all of my money was going into car repairs and gas and I managed to get 3 death-defying accidents under my belt on the Garden State Parkway.

Is your resume really fucking terrible or something?

How, just how did you get into 3 accidents? What kind of car are you driving that requires a full time job to maintain and fuel? How much is your insurance with all this bullshit? I've been driving for nearly 10 years and have never had an accident.

>Is your resume really fucking terrible or something?
No - no gaps or anything. I worked in a grocery store from age 16-19, got promoted to the corporate helpdesk at 19 and worked there till this year (9 years). Then I signed on with the cleaning company because the commute was getting to me and they were dicking me around with raises and advancements. I suspect that my state having the highest population density may have something to do with my difficulty finding a permanent job.

>How, just how did you get into 3 accidents?
Over the course of 9 years - Garden State Parkway. Know how fatal accidents are notorious on the NJ Turnpike? Same goes for the GSP. None of the accidents were my fault - I am a safe driver, but these are very unsafe roads.

My first accident was in a Hyundai Elantra back in 2008 that I had not finished paying off and did not have gap insurance, so for a few years there I was paying for two cars, one of which was already destroyed.

Second was in my Toyota Corolla on the Driscoll Bridge, my front passenger fender busted through a concrete guard rail after I was rear-ended and the guy drove off

Third was at the off-ramp in Edison, NJ where I used to work - swerved to avoid an accident and nearly hit a telephone pole at 50mph after being cut off by another driver.

All three were caused by other drivers, yet I still ended up paying through the nose.

I drive a Toyota Corolla now. It's OK on gas but something is always breaking in this car since the last accident. Currently it's the timing belt rattling and I'm told it needs to be tightened, but the shops around here won't touch it until it breaks. AC stopped working, too, just in time for summer.

So why can't you leave your shithole of a town and live in your car somewhere until you find something better?

Current issues with my car suggest that it won't make it far. My timing belt needs to be tightened and I've been driving on it like this for a few months - only a matter of time before it snaps.

Well I guess you should just kill yourself then. Not sure what else to suggest, everything gets shot down.

Got a bite from a competing cleaning company just a few minutes ago - it's a step up but not bread-winning material. Interview is tomorrow.

Full time hours at least, and $1 more than the cleaning company I currently work at. I just might be able to save up a few bucks to try out-of-state again in a month or two.

Your suggestions weren't bad, they just don't currently fit my situation - I'm going to save the thread and follow your advice of moving away once I fortify my savings again. Thank you for think-tanking with me and the other anons today dude and I'm sorry if I seemed like I was being impossible.

What's your e-mail? Wouldn't mind staying in touch.

Sure thing - [email protected]

Thanks again, user!

False. The tolerance on balloon grade helium is 80%. Oxygen mixed in will also kill you. You need AIR.

You can get a job working in a National Park. Some places are seasonal others are year round. Pay isn't the greatest but you can save a lot of money ans you can get your head straight.

I've worked for DNC, Forever Reaorts, and Xanterra at five different parks.

tell you what OP, post your resume

you'll get shat on for sure, but we'll do that so we can fix ur shit and maybe get more calls back

>My piss-poor attitude is a direct result of my anxiety, which is a result of my situation. It's a very toxic cycle and it's becoming exponentially difficult to break it.

Well theres your problem, heres a solution that can help:

Get yourself to a goddamned mental health service/hospital. See a psychologist for your anxiety etc issues. You may get a nice diagnosis, and help with your condition until you get better, +neetbux

after your mental health improves, get a job, move out of your parents, enjoy life

Yeah. My parents did it at 16.

>I worked in a grocery store from age 16-19, got promoted to the corporate helpdesk at 19 and worked there till this year (9 years). Then I signed on with the cleaning company because the commute was getting to me and they were dicking me around with raises and advancements.

If the commute was a problem why didn't you move back when you had decent income? Also they would gave you a raise so you took a job at cleaning company that pays shit. That's kind of dumb.

Beats me. White people be stupid.

Because something like 45% of pregnancies are unplanned, and a big chunk of people consider their children a horrible mistake and an obligation they want rid of as soon as possible.

It's only social conventions that stop them abandoning their kids outside churches in baskets and laws that stop them driving the baby out into the woods and leaving it there.