He says he keeps 500 mil liquid so can anyone explain how he does this? just sitting in a bank...

He says he keeps 500 mil liquid so can anyone explain how he does this? just sitting in a bank? what bank would insure that amount

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_liquidity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

most likely its in different bank accounts

He has a vault in his house as well as a small bank in Panama probably half and half

Plebs- liquid does not usually mean dollars/cash, especially when it comes to high net worth individuals.

Liquid products usually means t-bills, treasury notes or other fixed income products with low volatility but deep markets.

This. Why is this board so fucking financially illiterates?

Indeed!!

>He says he keeps 500 mil liquid so can anyone explain how he does this?
big tall cup

Collectibles like books, paintings, ancient peruvian fuckdolls, precious metals, antiques and deposits in private banks in several currencies as well as jurisdictions.

Rich people who need their fortune in another form other than traditional instruments are the reason the middle class is getting priced out of the housing market, the art market, classic car market etc...

Just so you know when millenials age and a few of them become billionaires in their 50s, stuff like 1st gen pokemon cards will literally occupy sothebys' warehouses to be auctioned for 100k a charizard.

i can't even imagine what 500 million dollars worth of liquid looks like

Pretty fucking funny. Wish I had thought of that myself.

He keeps it in US govt securities. T-bills, T-bonds, etc. And its more than $500 mil.

In 2008-2009, he loaned $5 billion to Goldman Sachs at 10% interest. You do the math. He hated it when they paid him back!

how the fuck do you even store that much liquid?!

Because most of who come here are either teenagers, drug dealers or scammers.

I would guess most of Veeky Forums has a very flat bell curve. It's the nature of the community.

that's why I'm bullish on bitcoin.

>Collectibles like books, paintings, ancient peruvian fuckdolls, precious metals, antique

This is the literal opposite of liquid.

Why the fuck are you even on this board you moron?

It's actually a common mistake to assume those asset classes are not liquid.

You could sell a picasso in a few hours. His paintings are so fucking rare, prestigious, known and sought after liquidating them is not hard at all.

People think only bankotes constitute liquidity.
Try paying with swedish krone in a supermarket in africa. Not gonna happen. That doesnt mean that its not liquid but there are situations where what you would consider liquid suddenly won't help you.
And there are situations where what is usually assumed to not be liquid will very much be so.

Rich jewish art collectors fleeing europe have paind their passage and travels with master paintings.

Also i don't know which part of the world you live in but gold coins are the standard of liquidity.

Liquidity isn't a binary yes or no scenario. It's a spectrum that is defined by demand, divisibility, availability, recognition etc..

This is ALMOST the stupidest thing I've read on this board.

I thought it seemed smart desu

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_liquidity
>an asset's market liquidity (or simply "an asset's liquidity") describes the asset's ability to sell quickly without having to reduce its price to a significant degree.

Prestigious paintings and very rare 1960s ferraris sell quickly and have their value frequently skyrocket therefore are liquid investments.

You dont reason, you're merely insulting me because you don't stand being wrong.

So yeah try arguing master's paintings don't sell well and at a discount and call me an idiot...

You don't know shit about alternative investments.

This post is correct.

This whole thread assumes "liquid" boolean, it is not. There are varying amounts of liquidity but for the layman something is either liquid or it isn't.

Highly saught after assets with high cash value fit bill.

>He says he keeps 500 mil liquid so can anyone explain how he does this? just sitting in a bank? what bank would insure that amount
Treasuries you fucking retard.

God he has the most punchable face I've ever seen

He keeps all his cash in Turkey where he knows it'll be safe.

frankly gov bonds are pretty liquid. you can sell them any day with probably no loss after a few months.

Probably easier to rob his personal safe than a bank..

I bet he has a couple million at least in the right spots.

A jew jewing his way out of a situation. HOW TYPICAL

-Garison