What are some good history books about the Soviet Union or East Germany?

What are some good history books about the Soviet Union or East Germany?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/rockets_people_vol1_detail.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Golzow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based on your picture i am sure you will love this. One of the best reads i have enjoyed. you can find all 4 volumes on the torrents.

nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/rockets_people_vol1_detail.html

>East Germany

Don't know about books, but if you understand German I can recommend this series. Very insightful

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Golzow

Literally any book by Ann Applebaum.

The Party's Gold
by Igor Bunich

Look at any book recommended on Tumblr or SJW sites same thing.

The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn.

It covers the early histories of the Soviet Union and its origins. Very well documented piece of work. Solzhenitsyn is a Nobel laureate and a highly renowned intellectual. He is critical of the nature of the Soviet Union and of 20th century America.

ebin

I'm reading Lott's "The Soviet Colossus" right now and it's a doozy.

xd

Got this one from my grandmothers library. The book is to celebrate the GDR's 50th anniversary. Has text in German, Russian, English and French. Filled with loads of pictures of daily life in the GDR as the SED wanted to communicate it.

He asked for history not fiction.

Destroying Real Germany was one of history's greatest crimes desu

It's a good primary source.

It really isn't.

It is a historical document that communicates how a country that doesn't exist anymore, wanted to see itself using utter lies.

That is a gold mine for a historian.

>It is a historical document
It's fiction written by an unbalanced monarchist non-scholar that doesn't stand up to post-archive analysis of the gulag system.

Try reading the whole sentence.

I agree with you that it is complete fiction, but it is important as a document of a country that doesn't exist any more for the people to judge (historians) how bullshit it is.

Moreover the DDR wasn't part of the Soviet Union's Gulag system after 1949.

Why would a historical document that propagandises the 50th anniversary of the DDR be relevant to the Soviet Union's Gulag system, after that fact?

I was talking about the Gulag Archipelago

If I gave you a book about Guantanamo bay, would that serve as a good book about America?

Are you retarded?

Is it bad I kinda wish Germany had never re-unified?

It's not based on any rationality at all. It's just a vague feeling.