I don't want to college

I am 28 and I make $60,000 USD annually

Everyone tells me I should go back to school and get a degree but that sounds like a waste of time and money to me

Is college really "the single most important investment you can make in your life" or is that meme-bullshit collegefags spout?

Pic related; it's me

The only reason people college is for the piece of paper saying you went. Nothing a college offers can't be learned online besides possibly lab experience but assuming you aren't going into chemistry or bio related fields you should be fine.

Ok thanks user, that's what I figured. I mean I train people with four year degrees, so I assumed it would not be super-useful

The single greatest mistake of my entire life is going to college.

And that's really saying something.

see if your job will pay for your schooling, Having some certs might bump your pay

honestly bro, it probably makes sense for you to keep working now and 60,000 is a good living wage.

what the guy above says is probably true as well. I have a masters degree and I probably could have learned all of this shit online.

However, the opportunity cost of not having a bachelors degree eventually say in 5 years, will be an unforseen $ amount that you may not want to pay at that time. Idk if that makes sense but think of it like this. Those people you are training now, where do you see yourself in 5 years and where do you potentially see them?

50 years ago education wasn't really necessary. 20 years ago, bachelors degree got you a great job. having a masters put you in the top 5%
Within the last 10 years; everyone has bachelor degrees now and plenty of people who even work in fast food have bachelors. The goal posts have moved and now masters is the new bachelors and PhD/clinical doctorate(pharmacy, physical therapy, dentist etc) is where all the high level achievers are at now.

If you are already making 60k there is no need to go to college.It may not hurt, however, it would be a waste of time.Be wise with your money, then college is useless

I'm 35, make $150k/year and my mom still asks me if I'm going back to college.

If you are happy with your current postion then dont stress about college. Does your work offer some sort of up skilling through certs or other type of training?
If you do go back maybe to a part time online or somthing.

Let's do some math and shit. Sink 4 years into a bachelors in let's just say Chemical Engineering. Average 70k starting, turns into 90k after 5 years, and 110 after 10 years. You lost 240k in wages. 10k/year for 5 years, 30k/y for 5, and 50k/y for 1 and you've made back your losses. We'll throw on another year just for good measure and to cover increases in your salary. In 12 years you've made back your losses and are now making just under twice as much money every year. In 3 more years you'll be making more than 130k each year, 70k per year more than you are right now. Takes longer and has less impact if you pick a shit major or spend longer in school but that's the sort of potential. These are just averages too. If you excel and have a solid degree prepare to absolutely shit over current you.

Look into salaries and do the math for a major you'd actually get. See how you feel about it.

Fuck it, if you're making money, getting experience, love it, and have longevity fuck going to college. It's just a giant business collusion scam. I'm going because I don't have the experience or qualifications to be an account yet and just want my fucking CPA. 60k is great money piss on college if you can do it without it.

I wouldn't go unless:
1. There was something you really wanted to study/get a career in
2. You need that piece of paper to be qualified to do job x (psychologist, engineer, doctor, teacher, nurse etc)
3.It has secure job prospects

It depends on the college and degree, numbnuts. Talking about ""college"" as an overall category is retarded no matter which side of the argument you're on, get it?

I'm 27 and have been going to law school for just over a year now. Best decision of my life, fuck your 60k.

Why the fuck would you need college if you already make 60k a year?

>It depends on the college and degree, numbnuts. Talking about ""college"" as an overall category is retarded no matter which side of the argument you're on, get it?
>I'm 27 and have been going to law school for just over a year now. Best decision of my life, fuck your 60k.

I'm 34. Have consistently been making 60k since I was 25. Last year was making 95k. Got laid off 6 months ago. Every single job on Earth cucks me because I don't have a bachelors degree despite the fact that I've been managing people with masters degrees for years.

Needless to say my opporunities are largely developed through networking and an amount of skill that's uncommon, and I'll likely get back on the horse before long making even more than before.

However, if you want to play the wageslave game you need the papers to match your whipped skin.

Certifications help, but if you have the option I'd get the BS.

>law school
>best decision
>first year
Point and laugh

>law
>might as well hang yourself

youre doing good OP.. just save 50% of your earnings and invest them.. you'll be generating good passive income in 5 to 10 years

Here's the thing

I'm self taught in my work and I got a job starting 75000/yr. A couple years back I wanted to move up from my position - which my experience got me into- but now that I want a district managerial position, they want me to finish my "in progress" bachelor's which has been "in progress" for 4 years now. If I move up from my current supervisor position, I will make a 6 figure salary and all the perks of being with them. Now I wish I would have actually been working in my bachelor's all this time... if you are in the tech field like me, I urge you to work on your bachelor's as you work, it's really not hard and yea you can self teach yourself everything but if you wanna make money just do it. That piece of paper does make a difference. I'm stuck with my salary now for 2 entire years of course work and then I have 3 more years after that until my promotion, but the company will only pay for my masters, not the bachelor's that should have been done. Take it from me, I'm older than you and I fucked up a bit.

Me too.

>We want you for this position
>But you need your BS/BA/BAA/etc.

Ok. Then there's me.

>You want to move up at our F500 company
>Please finish an MBA/MAcc.

FUCK!

Same reality bros.

Currently trapped in this 85k a year cap because I didn't finish my BS. It's BS.

Most of this dipshit MBA's can't hold a candle to my experience and I'm forever cucked.

>law school

I hope youre jewish

It's retarded. It's just another way to deny a promotion as long as possible, you won't learn jack shit for an MBA. 30% of that course is shit you already do and 70% is shit you'll never fucking do in your life unless you were born into an executive family.

>I make 60k annually
>Everyone tells me I should go back to school and get a degree

Sounds like they're jealous and trying to waste your time.

OP what the fuck kinda job are you working where you get paid 6k a month?

Can you read? He said annual.

troleng is a art

ged out

i'm an accountant, make 72000 annually and i didn't go to college.

Yup, another one for me too.

Compsci, it was literally just for
A) the piece of paper
B) for total utter unmotivated retards who can't learn without being force fed
C) something something alcohol partying

wish I'd spent that time actually working on Veeky Forums stuff

Um no?

consider this
i'm 29 and went to college and make 25k annually and absolutely hate my job.

college was a supreme waste of money that i could have invested.

dont do it.

I'm 30. I wish I spend the days that I spend on getting my degrees on starting businesses.

A while ago I read The Millionaire Fastlane and realized what an idiot I'd been. And I did a 180 with my life and started one.

>I train people with four year degrees,

This is always the funniest thing about wage cucking. Someone without a degree training someone with one.

Another favorite is when they make someone train their boss.

depends on what you want

Can you do what you want to do without a college degree?

I make double that literally straight out of college.

t. guy straight out of year 8 of college

Year 3 actually.

College is a meme, friend. But not always. A bachelor's degree in the early 2000s looked great on a resume and could secure you a job. These days, however, the market is flooded with them. Everyone has one. Even masters degrees are severely devalued.

Even though most businesses prefer you have degree, it's merely a preference. They may not even mean it. If they like you, and think you can bring value to the company, then they will hire you, degree or not.