Finally get what I think is a decent job making 40k a year with no school

>finally get what I think is a decent job making 40k a year with no school
>feel like a big shot and that I can start a family and buy a house soon
>dad says that it's shit pay and you make as much as a mcdonalds employee

It's not fair bros. All I want in life is a wife, one kid, and a 3 bedroom house.

Should I go back to community college and finish my radiography associates degree?

Yeah dude 40k is literally welfare tier and this is coming from a 22 yo who makes a little over that

I feel you user
>take five years to graduate college with marketing and management degrees
>job with airline
>haven't made over 35k yet
T-t-those flight benefits though

Yes, you should, but not because of your cunt dad.

You gross more than three times what a fast food worker makes

Keep working and go back to school at the same time. Work on making your 40k/yr into 80k/yr, then 120k/yr

I don't get it.

Minimum wage jobs don't even pay half of what I get a year and yet that still isn't enough apparently.

fuck your dad he is a cunt

work get promoted fianancially independant figure out what you wanr from life sonny boy

stop suckin his dick

I can't tell you about the degree. But I can tell you that you should look at your job and ask yourself if in two years you will be able to hire yourself out as an "X Consultant" based on what you've learned at your job. If the answer is no it's not worth the time.

Pretty much this. Most people won't ever hit six figures. Very few do it before 40. Just do the best you can and change jobs every 2-3 years.

Your dad is dumb. Don't rest though, keep aiming higher.

>mfw 21 making 105k

Man just focus on urself and improving

It's not where you're at, it's progression.
$40k/yr is fine if you budget well, you're not a richfsg by ANY means. but it's a good base, don't worry bro. Step back and look on the horizon of 5-10 years.

Same. I only spend $20k a year and save the rest. I'll quit my job in 5 years once I have enough saved off to live off of.

Post bank account

>HS grad
>brother got me a job at pepsi for merchandiser
>three years later, make $65k , at50 hrs a week

Feels gud

I know makes you wonder how much debt most people are since most them make like $10/hour

Only got like $10k in the bank. The rest is invested for my early retirement

Sure it is big guy

>jelly poorfag detected

You guys make it worth it ;-)

Because we need 15 an hour NOW. Why didn't you vote for Bernie you did this to yourself.

I assume US? Because that is poor tier.

Over here its above standard though. After tax though.

>40k
I graduated college
I got offered a 9 dollar an hour position earlier @ 30 hours a week
making it big over here

40k and I could stop losing my hair over my loans.