Progressivism

What is wrong with progressivism? If you were trying to convince your friend or family member about why you don't like progressives, what would you say?

What are some progressive ideas (e.g. gun control, ban unpopular speech, political correctness)? What exactly do all of these "progressive" values have in common?

As a libertarian, I don't like what progressives are saying. I don't like their lies about a "gender wage gap" and "white gay men cannot be discriminated against".

I don't like their embrace of degeneracy either (e.g. "I identify as a demiqueer trigender transpecies feminist.")

I want to start spreading the word about how stupid this ideology is, but what is the root problem of it? Has this ever happened before in history? What's a simple way of explaining what's wrong with progressivism?

>As a libertarian
stopped reading there

>I don't like them.
>Why don't I like them?

A conservative libertarian is a contradiction in terms.

t. EgalitarianGamerGater1998

I'd consider myself socially liberal. I think liberty is very important, like the freedom to speak one's mind.

It's very easy for a political mantra as vague as "progress" to be hijacked by populist misinformation or special interests, and progress may entail damage to political institutions or customs that are significantly more valuable to society than the legislative agenda that the progressives want to ram through.

>degeneracy

Define degeneracy.

>I consider myself socially liberal
>I consider a variety of lifestyle to be degenerate

Make up your mind. Trannies are gross but they generally aren't killing people. If you're socially liberal, you shouldn't give a shit if people are being degenerate.

Your comments about the wage gap and reverse-racism kinda fly in the face of your "free speech" too. If these ideas are bad then you should have faith in them being dispelled.

You've made only two short posts and already your political identification is really suspect. I want you to consider whether you *really* support things like freedom of association and freedom of the marketplace of ideas in all cases. It sounds like you get stuffy when they're working against you, in which case, consider the idea that you're a nativist or populist instead.

Wanting to restrict a certain idea and disagreeing with it are two very different things

this. OP, you sound exactly like what last decade's internet-libertarians sounded like, back before they realized they don't like freedom for their ideological enemies all that much. You're either confused about what libertarians believe or aren't actually one yourself.

Here's a quick test: gun to your head, would you vote for Clinton or Trump? An actual dictionary libertarian would choose Clinton; her stance on free trade alone would seal it. A nationalist in denial would choose Trump.

What I mean is that I want to dispel these myths with my own free speech, not have these ideas banned. You did get me on degeneracy though. I don't like the new Tumblr type nonsense of non-binary genders and other anti-scientific nonsense. What I mean is that I don't want degeneracy to reach the school systems. Apparently they are trying to teach people about there being more than 2 genders in school which to me is no better than teaching creationism.

I'm for libertarianism with limits. I want freedom, but I want to use my freedom to dispel bad ideas.

I'd go Trump. I don't like the guy at all, but in foreign policy Hillary has caused devastation by indirectly funding ISIS through organizations like the Free Syrian Army.

>I'm for libertarianism with limits. I want freedom, but I want to use my freedom to dispel bad ideas.

Then you aren't a libertarian. It's an extremist position by nature and you've underestimated it. This is sloly becoming more common knowledge and it's why /pol/ hyped Trump instead of Paul this time.

okay i'll bite

OP are you older than 20

> but what is the root problem of it?
Egalitarianism. Gnosticism if you really want to dig deep, but even without going to this length, "progress" ie egalitarianism is nothing and absolutely nothing else than institutionalized envy.
> Has this ever happened before in history?
Yes, many times. France 1792-1797 for example. Munster's rebellion for a more lulzy instance.
>What's a simple way of explaining what's wrong with progressivism?
Egalitarianism. It's really the source of it all.

Not at all. You can be a libertarian pater familias with a strong sense of loyalty.

>There we go, another contemporary politics thread on the history board, this will redpill those pinko degenerates. Wait, it's missing something-
>Oops, I nearly forot to add a passing reference to history to fool those cuck mods

i think it's honestly just a confused teenager plucked out of 2009 reddit

>"""""libertarian"""""
>thinks freedom of expression is degeneracy

Also:
>I want to criticize this ideology, but I don't know why it's bad

literal meme tier thread

Degeneracy kind of implies you think it should be stopped. You'd be better off just pointing out what specifically is wrong with it.

Stopping something doesn't mean supressing the way of thinking
Stopping racism, for example, shouldn't involve imprisoning racists

With regard to free trade, there are many facets to it, but the hot one is the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Supposedly she's against it, but that's hard to buy (which isn't to say Trump's opposition to it isn't phony also - significant members of his campaign staff are TPP lobbyists and consultants: Doug Davenport, David Urban, etc.). But the point is that there's nothing free about it; it's an anti-libertarian bill. The deal is about greater regulation of patents and copyrights - exercises in protectionism. There aren't many tariffs between the partners already. The TPP would regulate markets and obstruct competition.

And you can go through the other trade agreements. Much of the "trade" from which tariffs are lifted are simply parts of the same supply chain, so that the same firm could be larger. It's to promote vertical integration, which again is anti-competitive. The idea that these agreements are libertarian is absurd.

>I'm for libertarianism with limits. I want freedom, but I want to use my freedom to dispel bad ideas.
>my ideology should protect my rights and deny everyone's else
Than your devotion to libertarianism is nothing more than lip service to justify your hunger for more power

and

>What are some progressive ideas (e.g. gun control, ban unpopular speech, political correctness)?
>As a libertarian
>I don't like their embrace of degeneracy
>I want to start spreading the word about how stupid this ideology is, but what is the root problem of it?
You are monumentally retarded, user.

Well that's the least of it with Hillary. But Trump doesn't portend well. For instance, an advisor on Israel, David Friedman, is open to Israeli newspapers that he'd support the annexation of the West Bank. Which isn't to say that Obama and soon Clinton's financial and military support of the settlements isn't gruesome, but an outright annexation is basically suicide for Israel, in its blind hubris. Israel cannot exist without western support, but an annexation strips the halo of Israel's liberal image (Netanyahu has done plenty of that already). Once greater Israel becomes a full apartheid state, it loses the support of the liberals of America - it's already lost the Labour party in Britain, or at least its voters and Corbyn. AIPAC is a very effective machine, as is the ADL, but its power is in decline because the public image of Israel is being tarnished with its blatant disrespect of Obama, its famous murder of children, etc. If it loses American liberal support altogether, which a greater Israel apartheid state would likely do, it's finished once there is a democrat president.

There's certainly more to look into. But he has neo-cons on his team, just like Clinton. Don't expect any different, that's just rhetoric.

>mfw conservative Christians are unironically terms like "secular Gnosticism" to still pretend it still has a major presence in the modern world
This shit is like some muderer who see his victim's ghost everywhere

Who are you to say what people are allowed to teach in their schools? Don't take your children to schools which teach things you don't agree with, then. If you care about the bigger picture start your own school, but you have no right to tell owners of other schools what they can and cannot teach about.

Are you sure you're libertarian?

guys stop being mean

this is why /pol/ hates us

It's their fault for being so obsessed with politics yet utterly clueless about them. Guess that's what happens when autistic teenagers and flyover dropouts try to get into this shit.