What is Progressivism?

Saw a thread here earlier about progressivism and I decided to finally satisfy my curiosity. I don't know much about progressivism and I want to know what's wrong with it and what's right about it?

What do they want and how would you explain their views to someone who is reasonably into politics, but not an expert on modern ideological trends?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we have this exact thread already

also /pol/ is no different from the woman in that comic. if you don't believe me, go make a really mild joke about white people on /pol/. say they can't dance or their food tastes under-seasoned. watch the tears and defense force and infopics pour in.

>I don't know a thing about progressives!
>I just have this handy, skewed political comic for /no reason/

Nope, not a bait thread at all.

Like liberalism, conservatism, and most other -isms, progressivism has meant different things at different times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism

Does by posting that comic imply that the founding fathers were not progressives?

I mean, if they were not trying to progress society, then whats the point of that whole liberalism thing in the first place?

I found the comic on /pol/ and decided it would work since they keep talking about progressives so much.

Is the comic inaccurate?

Its the byword for pinkos appropriated and taken on during the cold war where they had to be covert.

But I've never heard a /pol/ack talk about banning people who make jokes about white people

What would be the point on Veeky Forums?

People get banned from other sites for all kinds of reasons. Veeky Forums is full of degenerates, so no-one cares if you're an asshole, as long as you stick to your board.

God(s) our ancestors would be so ashamed of what we as a society have become.

>I don't understand the concept of biasness: the post
No it isn't

So they are different then

Save it.
It would be a mixed bag of feelings.

Daily reminder that SJW's represent regressivism, not progressivism.

No, they just "sage" the thread to oblivion. Echo chambers are for faggots.

Woodrow Wilson fucking a cocker spaniel. Also, postmillenial protestantism.

/pol/acks would ban then by killing them or arresting them

Considering most jokes against whites are shitposting, it's basically what you're supposed to do

>biasness
What the fuck is "biasness"
The guys using an image showing common anti-sjw rhetoric inorder to provide a visual for the topic.

People are bias torwards everything. Ask a staunch democrat what he thinks of both parties and you will get a reality that favors the DNC, with the inverse being true as well.

It is qutie clear the artist is bias against progressives to depict them in such a silly manner. Some progressives maybe like that, but it is stupid of any reader to automatically assume all of them are like that

I don't think anyone here's saying that all progressives are like that. Isn't the reason OP made this thread to ask if these stereotypes are true or not?

That poster seemed to imply that or at least refuse to accept that such stereotypes is portrayed with a bias or what bias even is. If I come off as too antanongistic, I am sorry, it is just one Libertarian created a thread about progressivism but got so thoroughly BTFO that I suspect he created this thread to peddle his bullshit again

The narcissism of the young, the collectivist of Europe, the end of any true threat to enlightenment values in the west, and the fact we live in a decaying golden age

Are you feeling hit?