Why does god allow bad things to exist? like orphans being born, or rape, or wars. these are all very sad...

why does god allow bad things to exist? like orphans being born, or rape, or wars. these are all very sad. if i was god id do something about it you know? why cant he too?

Free will, man. All He can offer at the moment is a choice between good and evil. The bad part is that you can't always tell which is which.

For his amusement

The obvious answer is because there's no such thing. It's that simple.

>He

*cringe*

Sin or something stupid like that.

1) Why is free will so important?
2) This doesn't explain shit like disease and natural disasters.

God isn't real. But read some theodicies if you're really curious how they justify this.

A. Because He was bored and wanted monkeys to worship Him of their own accord, rather than Him make them.
B. Like I said, He gives us a choice. The Natural world does what it does.

>1) Why is free will so important?
What point is there to the universe without free will?

There is probably no point to the universe free will or not.

Why not just kill yourself then? It doesn't matter, right? Why value life if there is no point?

There is no point, but I can make a point.

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest -- whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories -- comes afterward. These are games; one must first answer." --Albert Camus, "An Absurd Reasoning"

Look up Camus and the myth of sisyphus if you want to examine a solution about valuing life without a point, it's pretty relevant and I found it pretty interesting.

Piggybacking off of , two of the more popular theodicies you can go by are the Irenean theodicy (God allows evil to exist as a tool of soulmaking and character building) or Augustinian theodicy (Evil exists as penance for original sin)...I'm probably butchering both of these, I only have an entry-level knowledge of them, but it's what I've got.

Certain things need to be accepted about God.

God is imperfect, it is not omniscient. God is not omnibenevolent either.

When your mechanism of developing species is by a slow process of evolution, which is dependent on survival (necessitates failure) and selection (necessitates inequality) it becomes clear that omnibenevolence is impossible. Furthermore, based on the nature of these mechanisms, that is they're effectively searching heuristic algorithms (yes, I'm implying evolution has a goal, it's optimal survival of life), it becomes obvious God itself did not know the outcome of this else species would have existed from the beginning.

This is actually irrelevant. The point is that reality itself has a form of will (to perpetuate life) and may constitute a consciousness in itself. Since the laws of the universe allowed observable consciousness to emerge, it stands to reason consciousness may be required to create a process which consciousness can emerge from.

Because God and his motives are mostly beyond our comprehension as human beings.

We must simply have faith that he has our best interests at heart.

Part of God's creation is the spectrum of pleasant and unpleasant experiences. And it is indeed a spectrum, making up a whole; You can't have one without the other.
If you were to remove what you perceive as bad in comparison to what is good, then what is good becomes bad in comparison to the great. And this could continue until those who aren't in ecstasy will be perceived as suffering immensely.
So in my view, to completely remove suffering is to completely remove variation. Which I guess is what Buddhists aim for.

The question then is, why did God create?

gods are a construct of man made to explain tragedy and stay the fear of death. god-based philosophy is mental gymnastics.No proof for gods works.

permissive will

In polytheism, bad things exist to strengthen you. The hardships were a gift from the gods to induce a stronger sense of heroism.

In an Abrahamic context, you're completely justified in asking this question, as it makes zero sense for an omnibenevolent and omnipotent entity to exist alongside evil. Most Abrahamists solve this with the only tool they have, which is self-guilt and self-hate, so they blame the victim and say that it was your free choice to commit to evil, as if you could choose the world you were born in, the body and mind you were born with and as if you knew the future in advance.

or perhaps he has his own interests, interests that don't neccisarily align with our own. maybe he just wishes to watch us in pain, in joy, in love, in rape. maybe he laughs in his empty halls as he puts thoughts into their heads to cut off another's balls

sure, if humans didnt have free will babies wouldnt be born dead

>orphans being born
how does this work?

God isn't omnipotent and all powerful. He is in a constant struggle with evil.

And the answer is love.

god is a myth, religion is bullshit, thats why

How did he love before he created?
If he forsaw the future then he could not have loved, because sin exists.

If God still loves humanity, Why does he not undo his creation?