I had originally pledged the three thousand dollars to my cousin's college fund without a second thought. If anything...

I had originally pledged the three thousand dollars to my cousin's college fund without a second thought. If anything, a secret part of me was already a bit embarrassed in anticipation of the flood of thank you messages I thought I might receive.

This reaction of theirs was a surprise. Bitterness, alienation and sarcasm.

I went to relatively cheap state university, certainly no Ivy League. It cost about ten thousand dollars a year for the program I was in, which is not much cheaper than it is now for state school. I worked at McDonalds and Office Max, both for minimum wage which at the time was less than six dollars an hour.

The college costs were paid for by taking out loans. I borrowed carefully, and for many years after college I paid it BACK, carefully. Law school was paid for by loans again. State school. Again.

Ramen. Cheap TV dinners. Subway, bus, or walk everywhere.

I got hired by a law firm. Worked my ass off and succeeded. Got headhunted by a bigger firm. Made money. Paid off my loans. When I get paid, a huge chunk goes to my daughter's future. Her college, her trust fund, my wife's trust fund, in case I die.
That's being responsible.

I made six hundred thousand dollars last year.

That three grand is a symbol of a trip to Europe I never took in 1999. It's a symbol of me walking in 2002, when he bought an SUV in a city where he doesn't even need a car. It's a representative of me eating a Hungry Man dinner while he wined and dined and tipped like a rockstar.
My kid is three years old and already has a half million dollars in her trust fund, interest growing
daily.

I'm not lucky, I worked for it. And I'm working for it now. If you don't get this, you don't belong in my life. You don't belong around me, because I do not want my success to rub off on you. I am just tired. Tired of all the losers, leeches and bums who get angry at me for my success.

You seem mad.

Ehhhhhhhh.

Maybe it depends how you said it. If there were rude at you offering $3k to their kid, and asking for nothing in return, then There's some deeper issues here than just money and respect.

I would be so grateful for 3k. Right now I only have 2.5k saved up for college. Fuck your cousin.

If he (/his parents) is already rich why is he even begging around for money?

They want it for their child's princeton college fund.

I thought princeton was for people who can actually afford it

Thisthisthis

If you have to go asking around for money to get in the Ivy League, you don't belong there.

If you're rich enough, you don't need to ask.
If you're smart enough, they'll give you financial aid.

What is the point of this humblebrag post?

I don't get it. Why would people be mad?

Daily reminder that is a common Veeky Forums tripfag posting as user and he makes these threads as bait all the time

Do not give serious replies

Insult him with memes if you want to post

You're right OP, fuck these people. You don't owe them shit, whoever spits on a 3K gift doesnt deserve it anyway.

The average person hates to see success in others

People become envious so easily. It is always so easy to spot too.

what the fuck are you talking about? are you retarded?

Updates OP?

Did the character in Op's post really win?
He's a highly paid wageslave. Yes, it's nice being rich I'm sure but he has to keep on working and it sounds like he's miserable.

>I am just tired. Tired of all the losers, leeches and bums who get angry at me for my success.

I'd rather live within my means and sell businesses so I can do what I want and don't have to work to death but that's just me.

Op is successful, but not a success IMO

so why are they mad?
good colleges should be for people who are smart enought and work hard not money

Sir I'd be perfect for you daughter. Let's talk [email protected].

>successful
>not a success

>Her college, her trust fund, my wife's trust fund, in case I die.
>That's being responsible.

That's being cucked. Tyrone thanks you for the money though.

my grandparents were millionaires and they gave me about a thousand for a used car and that was it

your cousin is a cunt

Winners aren't losers.

princeton was the first ivy league school to offer need based blind admission. If you get it they will essentially make you pay what you can afford and they will take care of the rest.

You became successful I got to tell you that but you did not learn your lesson properly.Which is, there is no such thing as free lunch.A simple thank you would make you forget about 3.000 $.Enjoy your wealth for now, you will eventually lose it if you continue to be a cuck.

Fuck your ill-gotten money, filthy jew lawyer.

I'm the resident "rich uncle" among my family and the "rich friend" among my old friends but I never felt exploited or resented based on that.

Do I just have good friends and family or could I just be blind to those things?

Either way life is good.

Bummer, user.

>Tired of all the losers, leeches and bums who get angry at me for my success.

Don't burn your bridges. Just let them rot. Get your cousin out of your life. People who don't give you anything except dragging you down isn't worth your while.

What was your undergrad degree in OP?

Hah pleb

PhD in statistics
300k starting

Just do what makes you happy user, they dont know what you had to do to get where you are and they are jealous because they feel that couldve/shouldve been them with all the money.