Why is His so shit

Why is it that all the bait threads get 300 replies and any thread that is discussing history has a cap of 50 unless it about a bait topic.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/his/search/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because very, very few people in the world are actually interested in history beyond a superficial level.

Then why come to the history board is it really that funny

Make quality threads instead of shitty meta complaining threads then dumb faggot

Motherfucker I try and make quality threads but no one ever wants to talk about history here unless it is bait.

Some of the memes here are top-quality, yeah.

It was reasonably decent until summer then suddenly there was an explosion in /pol/tier threads.

Nah his usually has really blantant and unclever shit

You can talk about history in a bait thread

fact of the matter is that most things have already reached a consensus so at least banter is interesting

It did get worse but it wasn't much better before literally the only time when the quality was high was in the first two weeks before the his memes became popular

And reddit isn't going excavations or related things. It's like equal stupidity, but you get banned if you try to have fun

Most people don't realize how small our understanding of history is and how even a current consensus can be easily overthrown with a little bit of new evidence or perspective.

Because in modern Veeky Forums memes are driven to the ground and beaten like a dead horse.

Well I think there has to be a middle

This is my first day checking out Veeky Forums. I won't be coming back, and I have a bachelor's in history. (I know it's a useless degree)

They always were memes move slowly and usually only funny for a short period of time

The very early days of Veeky Forums were probably the worst, even worse than it is now.

Like 75% of the threads were a scramble to conjure up new memes.

It's all due to the user-base, only a small percentage actually care about history the rest are meme eurocentric pop history spouted by cucks from /pol/, /int/ and /r9k/ who get triggered every time they hear non-whites actually accomplishing something.

I'm sorry and before you leave may I ask what did you focus on in college

It was shit since the day one.

Yeah but there were some real quality threads I remember specially one thread about historical food that was great and informative and not shit posting

Veeky Forums was a failure from the very day it was created.

It was broad overall, but I tried to take most classes in ancient Mediterranean studies. My final term paper was on the Bagdad pact though.

Yeah the population of the board is too small to fight off interboard cancer

Baghdad *

Yeah that does sound pretty broad I hope you have a enough money to move on.

It really was less shit. Not saying it was great but it was less shit.

I switched paths and got a paralegal certificate, so it wasn't completely useless and I make decent money

Because it's filled with leftists, rarely do they get into anything because then their world view would get shattered to a bilion pieces.

That isn't the problem the problem is that people don't want to discuss history.

It seems they would rather try and argue who was black and who was white

Don't make this shit about politics.

Yeah

It's basically a /pol/ /leftypol/ battleground. Actual discussion of history? Fuck that, let's have our 9000th thread about Marxism followed by a half dozen threads about we WUZ and why Africa is such a shithole.

Yeah that hit it right on the money

>Why is His so shit
Because Veeky Forums's history is short compared to the boards its shitposters hail from, and because the mods don't ban people who complain about some people on /pol/'s deeds, thoughts, words and actions on the appropriate board, which is not Veeky Forums.

Why did the mods abandon this board the forst week of Veeky Forums they were really active.

Not enough traffic to Warrent watching

I've never really seen a genuine Marxist thread the same way I have never seen a legit Africa thread in ages because no one knows shit about either.

Yeah no shit. On the first day I got banned for posting a 19th century painting that included bare breasts.

Really? I made a thread about lewd ancient sculptures somewhere in winter 2015 and it went fine.

Are you serious?
Do you even remember advice dog or rage comics or the fucking cats?
Ignoring the normies, their production was probably only equaled (maybe surpassed) with pepe and wojak.

And on other hand I am tired of black people threads, mental gymnastics comparable with Tumblr

Yeah, pretty much this

Oh no

Because most people don't know shit about history

There's also no elitist attitude

you mean the threads where people try to talk about subsaharan history and pollacks come in to make useless value judgement about how african kingdoms are inferior to post 16th century european empires and a thread about, say african iconography or pottery devolves into arguments about racial genetics

all that was named plus daily hitler and holocaust threads which lead nowhere

Yes, and not only post 16 century European empires, but overall. I am not saying they didn't have anything of worth or achieved anything, but glorifying som mudhuts and how whitie is to blame everything gets boring,and most importantly not even remotely true

Well, my point was that it's as stupid as going into a HRE thread and bitching about how the medieval german dutchies were vastly inferior to the Soviet Union and then starting to talk about germanic and slavic genetics.

Sorry, but you'll be lucky to find rationally minded people anywhere, especially on a meme filled website like Veeky Forums. Go to a dedicated history forum, and try your luck there.

Except it isn't.

Maybe by Veeky Forums standards, but by Veeky Forums standards pretty much everyone is a leftist.

this

other humanities and cucks with contemporary biases on their view of history ruined this board.

i dont care if its not that active if all of the above mentioned people leave and it becomes less active, at least it would still have quality. i want Veeky Forums to be like /hwg/ on Veeky Forums

I blame mods. Were they to ban users that make /pol/ threads, the board could improve.

The stick clearly states Veeky Forums is not /pol/.

I don't mind the others humanities though, there have been ocasionally good philosophy threads. It's just politics and religion that board the retard train.

I once started a thread about Persian rugmaking history

It ended with all caps lock, genetic charts, insults hurled in various languages, political propaganda, weird blogs about mysticism, crime stats, and war crime/gore pictures spammed

Why?

kek

>why is Veeky Forums so shit?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because nobody discovers Veeky Forums and immediately starts browsing Veeky Forums

They start coming to Veeky Forums for /pol/, /tv/, /v/, /b/, or /a/, then eventually find their way to more niche boards like Veeky Forums.
Also, Veeky Forums was created very recently relative to other boards, so it's pretty much certain that the vast majority of browsers have been on this site for a good while.

By the time they get here, they have been thoroughly trained by the high-traffic boards on how to use this site. And what you see on high-traffic boards is that when 50+ threads are created every hour, only the ones that guarantee responses - the bait posts - survive. Bait posts are familiar to people (thus activating pattern-recognition endorphins) and center on topics literally every retard has an opinion on. Things that only a few people are knowledgable about just can't stay up long enough to get a good discussion going. People learn over time that when making a thread, it needs a strong bait element or it will be useless.

Like how just now I gave my post a well-known meme as its pic. This will get people to notice it, and I believe that my post deserves discussion.

I'll tell you why OP.
They're the people who want to seem smart, so they go to a board that they believe has smart people in it and shit it up with their mediocre posting. Remember when /r9k/ was "a board of intellectuals" full of "gentlemen" well it got flooded by pseudo intellectuals and normalfags and now the threads there are nothing but bait, every and all attempts at intelligent conversation gets ignored. This is the fait of every the board on this site.

I see both Veeky Forums and /news/ mainly as slightly less retarded versions of /pol/ without those stupid flags.
>History
What is there even to be discussed about sodding history? Read up the sources and collectively state the facts, and that's about it. Any further discussion like "But *why* did X invade Y?" automatically becomes humanities/politics.

Something something Edward Said

>it's a Veeky Forums meta thread

What do you want to talk about then Op?

It was shit because of the Humanities section.

Humanities is literally under the sun and is right up there in Pol's shit. Japmoot is retarded for combining history with the cancerous, aimless beast that is Humanities.

We will prove you wrong by replying 300 times in this thread

>implying this isn't a bait thread

link?
desuarchive.org/his/search/

The more aimless a board is the worse it is.

You forgot the 30 or so spastics arguing about swords vs spears.

swords are a meme
Stirner is a meme
african history is a meme
Slavs are a meme, Marx is a meme, >H>R>E is a meme, armor is a meme, the pope is a meme

/pol/ migrants coming here with meme culture are like muslim migrants coming to Europe with Islamic culture, it's shit and they're too immersed in it to give it up and adapt

Excuse my /pol/itically incorrect analogy

Serious discussions tends to ends with one or an another decisive answer. The shit posting has no logical end and would flow basically forever.

No this thread proves my point it doesn't discuss history at all it won't die.

(you)

Most people here aren't interested in talking about history. Everything tends to devolve into racial shit, bashing anything left of Hitler, and derailing the few actual discussions into crap. Oh also, accusing every claim of being a "meme" instead of actually addressing it.

History is a discipline that takes serious self-control to engage with effectively. That means leaving ideological crap at the door, and doing your research. People on Veeky Forums are more likely to just grab the nearest acceptable board reply (kek, implying, faggot, cuckservative, leftcuck, wewuz, "your reply is a meme") than to actually attempt to make sense of the past.

Remove the "Humanities". You're only allowed to discuss events before the treaty of Versailles. There I fixed 90% of this board's problems.

They were also ignorant asshats that preferred revisionist history. I expect that out of posters, but mods being that way too was just shitty.

do you have a single fact to back that up

Oh hai mod.
Deleted posts and threads while threads and posts supporting particular revisionist views persisted.
It could be that they were just lazy and only deleted things that were unpopular enough to be reported by enough pained doltards, but I highly doubt that.

>everyone who disagrees with me is le mod boogeymang
nice /v/ meme you weak white millennial newmale faggot cuckold

OK, so you're not a mod, you're just one of the revisionist history poster idiots.

I blame /int/ and /pol/ crossposters

>everyone who disagrees with me is le revision man boogeymang
another typical neo-redditumblr4chanist neo-millennial newmale memesexual memegendered USEFUL IDIOT SOCJUS SHILL hyperliberal brainwashed idiot cuckold TURK idiot NERD cuck TURK MAD idiot MAD cuck NERD millennial FAGGOT

>tfw no one noticed this post
Dont worry user, I got u covered

This is correct. They shit up their own board, get tired of it after the 100th accusation of being JIDF, go somewhere else, and carry their backwards views along with them. And just as the refugees have wahabbi, /pol/ has it's alt-right autism.

How much shitposting really comes from /int/? I mean, yeah they suck but I don't think it's fair to compare it to /pol/

>just ignore the problem, the cross posting, the raids
>just keep making history threads that get ignored
Yeah I'm sure /pol/ will just leave of their own accord

Quality posts in bait threads can turn them into constructive discussions. If you don't like what you see in an online community, start posting what you want to see.

I remember the Veeky Forums threads on /int/. they were quite good quality.

/int/ is kinda fun. But /pol/ is just a cesspit.

You, my friendo, talk real deal.

That's not very tolerant you nazi
#openborders44chan

Because shitposting is fun

Doesn't work that often

That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying.

Also, Mindless fun isn't the worst thing in the world if done in moderation.

>Veeky Forums wonders why this board is shit
>thread devolves into another Lefty/pol/ vs /pol/ shitfest

pottery

It's a meta thread though. People aren't actually arguing here, just recognizing the problem.

>I'm mad that my Holocaust denial and racist threads were deleted

Because it devolves into a /tumblr/ vs. /pol/ fight in every single fucking thread

I fucking hate pottery,

>lol we know the exact year a culture was in x location cause we found ceramic shards in the dirt there

Yeah just like this thread

It's because the Humanities. Makes people think they can talk about religion, politics and philosophy. If you're talking about it in a historical context that's fine, but I get irritated with all the threads. Politics goes to /pol/. Religion is somewhat bearable, since Humanities.

Another problem is the amount of /pol/ and /leftypol/. You get the lefties constantly praising Communism, Anarchism, Islam, hating on Western civilisation, etc. Meanwhile you get /pol/ constantly going "doos volt we need another crusade heil hitler xD". Threads will ALWAYS diverge into this pointless conflict. Both are incapable of seeing the middle ground.

And then you have the Reddit & /b/ tier Veeky Forums Humour threads.