/twg/ - Total War General

Green edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg[Embed][Embed]
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM[Embed][Embed]
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc[Embed][Embed][Embed]
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU[Embed][Embed]
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo[Embed][Embed]

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark[Embed][Embed]
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88[Embed][Embed]
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4[Embed][Embed]
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I[Embed][Embed]
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8[Embed][Embed]
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io[Embed][Embed]

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WN7KAzWjSmU
youtube.com/watch?v=NDi_JzjXiFo
youtube.com/watch?v=4jWe_i4YoSo
youtube.com/watch?v=G0z5cmzZqB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

fuck niggers

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

I claim this thread for /gsg/

>Lizardmen still not announced.

Go back to shitposting in the double thread you nigger

Ok I finally installed Master of Strategy, what faction should I play?

Everything is announced you absolute memer

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING MILI'ARY RULER OF ALL BRETONNIA

TROM3

滚, 仆街

I love you

If our /twg/ is to become ahh...

eternal meme of all vg

youtube.com/watch?v=WN7KAzWjSmU

HOW TO BEAT ATILLAS MEME STACKS THAT SPAWN FULL OF 20 ELITE UNITS EVERY 2 TURNS

This video is just...I mean how can you be that bad. I suck at TW and I'm still not as bad as whoever played this.

Dat music though

youtube.com/watch?v=4jWe_i4YoSo

你他妈的不是我,滚蛋
Thanks!

Fortification stance

/twg/ have the best players in the total war community

This speaks a lot about the rest of the players

What, be serious m88s

IF OUR CHIEFTAIN IS TO BECOME WARBOSS

MILITARY RULER OF ALL DA GREENSKIN

Pls no bully mainlandbro

Tokugawa, they are the master race

are you excited for medieval warfare?

>/twg/ have the best memers* in the total war community
ftfy

>TWW on OP-pic
sounds more like denuvo-cocksuckers edition.

Once again, with Attila's provinces; not really.

release when

They are shit and youre a memer from last thread.

TECHNICAL STUFF:
youtube.com/watch?v=G0z5cmzZqB8

NEW BATTLE FOOTAGE:

Less CPU intensive, more work done on GPU than usual. More performance all around. OPTIMISED HYPE?

>people actually defend these new "sieges"

isn't it modding tools' fault or smthg

Hi Christos

> Tomb Kings still not announced

More like some people are indifferent and don't care for a huge map where you only use 1/8th of the area.

It is. I'm not saying it's the modder's fault.
But it still results in a product I'm not particularly interested in.

IF OUR LEADER IS TO BECOME TOMB KANG

*clickety clack*

MILITARY LEADER OF ALL NEHEKHARA

Watched a streamer play total war atilla yesterday, it looks fun.

should i buy it? can i just buy the game and pirate the dlc's like for CK2?

why not just pirate the whole game lad

the Tokugawa are the master race

what year is it set in?

So why bother changing it because they are just going to use 1/4 of the area now

Hyped even more

>1 month
Fuuuuck.

Aksum cucked da world. Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmin wuz his.

You can't pirate DLC for a Total War game.

Next week

Why are you asking me? I'm not working for CA. I just don't find the new sieges to be a huge deal. First thing I'll do is mod the towers to not have unlimited range and then remove the ability for certain units to spawn ladders and I'll be all set.

Of course some of them also don't care about animations, about gameplay and MP, they actually don't care about the whole game (in terms of quality) because they are come here from Veeky Forums or twc to shill this "game".

this has been answered so many times, dont finish his stacks off completely, if you leave some of the soldiers intact it cant respawn and will be refilled with shitty mercs and low tier troops

or ofcourse you could just keep beating him in the field with your own stacks if thats what you like, but it does get a bit tiring, and requires keeping at least 4 stacks on the eastern border

>mfw the siege changes doesn't affect me because I'm a giant babby who never, ever fights an offensive siege if I can help it

IF IT AINT ON THE FIELD, AUTORESOLVE IS MY DEAL

>I just don't find the new sieges to be a huge deal.
-> Veeky Forums

does anyone fight offensive sieges?
I thought that everyone was like me and you and just autoresolve it

>it's inconcievable for anyone to have an opinion different to my own
t. /twg/

>does anyone fight offensive sieges?
Yeah, players.

>being this new
I'll fight them if I'm able to get the better result out of them. Autoresolve for assaults kill far less of your men than even a perfect assault on the battle map.

Just pirate the whole thing.

It is fun though.

t. plebs

>shill try to masquerade as user

dat music though.

I haven't pirated a game in many years, I've forgotten how it's done. How do I do it?

If there's one thing I hope will come out of the siege change it is making it so that auto-resolve won't nearly always be the superior option in terms of casualties.

>mfw playing all the total wars
>Not once did an enemy attack from more than 2 sides
>9 times in 10 it was always a frontal attack. Pic related being my recent siege.
>mfw all the siege faggots are probably Paradox shills in disguise...that or Skaven.

>go to torrent site
>download torrent
>install game
>install crack if necessary

Fuck off slavposter, I detest the new sieges but all you ever fucking do is say shill shill shill you're literally fucking /trash/

like that

Hahahah.

Download and install deluge, look for a popular torrent for the game, use your judgement regarding the legitimacy of the torrent.
Follow the installation/cracking instructions given.

Jesus christ.
>Forgotten
sure thing lad

Same. I prefer defensive sieges, offensive doesn't hold the same spark for me. Even in RTS games like Starcraft,Warcraft and the like. The idea of turtling and making a wall of steel gets me excited.

What's a crack?

>CAcocksuckers turns into the mad-mode

Are you actually slavposter, or are you memeing?

You've got one on your ass.

It's literally only TW for me, and only sieges. I played SC2 at high masters level for a while and did hyper aggro zerg, same in other RTS.

But TW sieges I just can't deal with, man. All that death, it's painful.

I dont find the sieges to be dramatic, what bugs me is that units just teleport walls up and down and the ladders being pulled out of their asses.
If you want to rush your siege you should pay the price for it, make units partly fall off the ladders like in Shogun 2 and the walls.

Nobody defends the sieges.

Veeky Forums only fags use it as their big counterpoint to tw:wh

I love sieges, dont get me wrong they are fucking shit and made so badly it makes you wonder if anyone at CA has played their games for more than 10-20 hours, but I still like them because of the way they look and feel. I bet playing online sieges with some house rules would be really fun in Attila

It's that auto-resolve is too favourable in the casualties department.
It's always the better option which is shit.

I know that RTS feel.
I always want to boom and turtle, but I understand the importance of map control and up playing hyper-aggressive, with the mental motivation of "I can turtle after I win".

My main problem is it just doesn't look good. Call it autism, but magic ladders look retarded no I don't care if it makes the AI marginally better, the AI will forever be basically worthless anyway. Entire units knowing how to use Dimension Door also ticks me off. You should either have siege equipment or rush assault with shitty ladders and lose men, but not magic ladders. I'm not even a fan of having artillery enable instant sieges - sieges could take fucking months do make a dent in actually walled settlements, and there are sieges that go on for literal years trying to break through.

>multiplayer won't benefit from warhammer

I think you're wrong on that one

I need to get myself a black girl

captcha: Compton hazelmere

>I dont find the sieges to be dramatic, what bugs me is that units just teleport walls up and down and the ladders being pulled out of their asses.
I agree with the wall teleport. It makes no sense. That might be changed post launch if enough post about it. As for ladders didnt they address it in a siege blog about how each and every unit for every faction would need unique animations or something.

>Make units partly fall off the ladders like in Shogun 2 and the walls.
We don't know if thats would will happen. We'll have to find out. We know units can fall off the walls but whether they can randomly drop from ladders, we just don't know yet.

Daily reminder attila has 48 siege layouts
warhammer has 3

>TWW
>multiplayer
/0

So when it comes to the auto resolve, specifically in Attila, do numbers beat everything? Could I just have stacks of shitty cheap spears and roll over T3 armies?

No, but you can have two stacks and do that probably.

b-but the towns change depending on who is occupying them!

>As for ladders didnt they address it in a siege blog about how each and every unit for every faction would need unique animations or something.
Or yeah it's soooo hard for developers ot make animation, how we even dare to demand such things.

Do I just suck or is it extremely hard to expand as the Lakhmids? I'm nearly 60 turns in and I only control 2 provinces because any time I leave with an army my public order plummets. Doesn't seem like there are many lets plays or guide out there for these guys so any tips would be appreciated.

The type of units do count, but some units have weird numbers in auto-resolve that make them way worse/better than in a normal battle.

I tried this on /gsg/ but I forgot they're the worst. any of you guys know any good vietnam war rts games. also have any of you tried out vietnam 65? pic related

Two stacks of shitty units will probably roll over 1 stack of good units.

>As for ladders didnt they address it in a siege blog about how each and every unit for every faction would need unique animations or something.
What? They're just pushing them forward, they climb the things anyway.

In AoC when you get the event that makes you at war with carloman the AI spawned a deathstack of elite guys and I just auto resolve with two units of medium units so I guess yeah, numbers are everything in autoresolve. For sieges building towers and rams helps too.

Some units are weighed really fucking heavy for some reason in the autoresolve. Iirc a hunnic stack (no H. Onagers) is worth like two endgame Dane stacks filled with tier 3s and unique 2s