/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

...Or some say "Dark Souls General in disguise".

The paaasswooord: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54175811
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool art, but it's not for Bloodborne, is it?

It's Yharnam pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54175811

DaS3 has become a chore. I want to complete it as quick as possible to justify buying it at full price and so I can play the Ni-Oh demo in peace.

Anyone want to traipse through Lothric Castle with me? I believe I'm about to face a knight wielding the moonlight sword, or it at least looks like it.

If so, I'll be at the Dragon Barracks bonfire with the pass ayylmao

>Abyss Watchers look like the posterboy Hunter

I have never been this unwilling to fight against a boss

Not even against Gehrman or Sif

I just feel so sad

>unable to summon phantom
>six times in a row

What's the fucking point of multiplayer, then?

Same here. Also can't connect through passwords right now.

I want to believe they're the precursors to the hunters

Servers are probably overloaded because it's Sunday and From/Bamco/whoever can't be assed to pay for better ones.

Anybody wanna help me do Lower Loran Darkbeast?

On one hand, they definitely felt like a reference, given the "Wolves' Blood" eventually makes them go crazy. On the other, they were also clearly intended to be referencing Artorias with the wolf bit. It might have just been a clever, two-for-the-price-of-one reference.

Likely so, since they have virtually no relevance to the rest of the game otherwise. much like Lothric himself. 90% of the lore revolves around DS1 shit of varying quality.

Only Artorias reference I see is the moveset and the way cutscene played out, otherwise I felt like stepping completely into BB world. I felt really bad too.

Read all the item descriptions. Artorias, referred to by his armor as the wolf knight, was the first Abyss Watcher, and all those that followed carried on his 'will', which in this case translated to fucking over anyone that showed any sign of the abyss.

Don't split the generals fucktard
>
Soulsborne general

pahahahahaha are you joking? How late are you?

Does fanart of MP cuddling the Hunter exist?

This is /bbg/, user.

We've been here the whole time. What are you even on about?

They are literally little baby Artorias's. It's actually amazingly heavy handed and not subtle at all. I'm surprised you missed it.

Fuck off were comfortable here, it's bbg and for Bloodborne too.
We don't want to play with your shitposting /v/ general. Y'all don't do shit anyways except bitch and complain

This is a different general for PS4 ds3 and BB. now fuck off.

and wolves howl at the moon presence

What drives a man to shitpost like this?

>and for Bloodborne too
This thread is 1% Bloodborne and 99% Dark Souls.

Funny, the thread title you linked is just Dark Souls General.
Says nothing about Bloodborne.

someone hasn't been reading the threads

>This thread

Settle in folks, the shitposters are here and their boners are ROCK hard.

The only shitposters here are the ones who are trying to turn /bbg/ in /dsg2/.

So, if you want more BB talk, why not initiate it?

>tried to shitpost with this in /dsg/
>completely ignored
Even they know you're retarded and that's something.

You could say their boners are harder than...Dark Souls

As you can see people who ark for co-op are completely ignored and buried under tons of Dark Souls posts.

Is there something I can do to make holding a fucking stick up in the air and casting pretty blue lights less fucking taxing on stamina? This is ridiculous, It's all gone by the time something gets up to me and its a shit fight to not get hit until I can roll away.

I can't believe I actually laughed out loud at that.

What?
Have you even been here for the last threads?

You're just shitposting; we've been helping people in BB who ask for it.

>but the previous threads
I'm talking about this thread.

Yeah, the Stamina cost on spells is bullshit. Great Heavy Soul Arrow and the Fire Orbs cost as much or more than a swing of an Ultra Greatsword two-handed, but with half of the damage.

Amusingly, I've found one of the better sorceries to be the one Dark sorcery from rank 1 Aldrich Faithful. It's moderate in MP cost, spell speed, and stamina cost.

No way to fix it besides From balancing it.

The only co-op talk that's not about DaS3 is that guy who wants help with Loran Darkbeast, which not a lot of people are going to jump at because SRRC is awful.

Does anyone have tips for Lady Maria? I don't know what it is but I can't seem to get her pattern down. I've never had problems with bosses before until her. I think it's her ridiculous tracking that puts me off.

stay close, be agressive, parry

If you're an arc build, Augur spam.
Otherwise, if you can't parry her, dodge forward and right until she stops whatever combo she feels like doing, and then get two or three hits in before she either dodges away or starts attacking again.

Well, if worst come and you get desperate, you can always stunlock her with the Augur and Visceral her to death. Ebby-chan is always willing to help.

I want to play a fucking sorcerer without being a squishy turret that can't move for shit afterwards. And I don't want to dump up to the hard cap in endurance either. Why does it seem like all the spells and miracles were made with and auxilliary mindset and not the prime damage output?

Honestly my first thought was that b-team just took Henryk's mask and put it on him. Had to double check, they are pretty similar but not the same. Dat texture quality difference though.

This fucking Michael Jackson spin on the Dark Sword R2 is killing me wow

It doesn't help that pretty much every fucking boss is strong to Sorcery, especially in the second half. If you want to play a magic build, you need to level Faith, too, to exploit enemy weaknesses.

Don't you want to look fabulous whilst bathed in blood? These darkwraiths are fucking baller.

So, what should my stat spread be? Right now I'm just going to get minimum requirements for crystal rapier and dump the ret across int attunement and vigor

I stopped at 30 Attunement. Honestly, you could stop at 24, but the MP cost on spells are so high later on that if you want anything other than the basic bread and butter you'll need a bit more. 30 seems nice, but I always offhand a +10 Simple weapon for the passive MP regen, though.

If you don't want to be stuck with the Sage's Ring forever, you'll need some Dexterity. Dexterity has a visible influence on spell speed. though honestly, even with Dexterity I'd stick the Sage's Ring on, its effect is noticeable.

40/40 for Intelligence/Faith will let you exploit any boss weakness, but if you're going to focus on Sorcery, Sorcery actually doesn't start scaling decently until you put 50 into it, so the more the better, like in BB Arcane builds.

So, if you were going Sorcery-only and to say, 120 I'd go 27 Vigor, 30 Attunement, 20 or so Endurance maybe, 20-30 Dexterity, the rest into Intelligence.

Oh, for the record, my build when I beat the final boss and Nameless King was 27 Vigor, 24 Attunement, 15 Endurance, 7 Vitality, 12 Strength for Izalith Catalyst, 20 Dexterity, 40/40 Int/Faith, 12 Luck.

I gave up trying Pure Sorcery on Aldrich. All the bosses from then on just dies to Black Fire Orb, with a few Affinity casts and Great Deep Soul.

Thanks for the advice, man.

can someone help me with the DLC im at the hunters nightmare lamp
pass is dlcmeme

Lemme boot up my Bloodborne Machine, there in a jiffy user

thanks familio

first time?

yeah im lvl 70 non NG

awesome. why you no try alone first? or you just enjoy jolly co-op?

i like co op its fun

also top kek user

enjoy nigga. hope your co-op bro isn't to op.

Is there an easy way to move screenshots from ps4 to computer/phone?

it is said the old hunters used flash drives for such purposes

usb or upload pics to a dummy twitter/fb account.

kek.

Don't worry, I'm actually getting my ass kicked bad, he'll be okay

I just finished DaS3 and all I want to do is replay BB. What a fucking bland game the former is.

Echoed around here for the last few threads. Wake me up from the dream when BB2 releases.

>wanting to wake from the dream
>not wanting to stay with Kosm's eyes forever

>Post yfw Bloodborne 2 gets announced at this E3

>It's a PS4 Exclusive
>Mad Pcucks all over the shop

so are there truly more ds3 players on ps4? it's not hard to believe; pc gaming's pretty niche, although i'd speculate there's a higher adoption % on pc than ps4.

how's framerate? played xbone jp ver on roommate's system and it kind of ran like shit. does it run as well as bb on ps4?

>numbered souls games
No thanks.

obviously ps4 has the most players. not to mention it includes japs so add another 300k to that number.

I refuse to have hope. It'll only lead to heartbreak in the end.

i've only very rarely noticed framerate dips. the game looks really good on ps4 senpai.

load times are better than bb, and way better than pre patch bb.

I was all but done with the game by the time I made it through Farron Keep. 2 wasn't the best (and neither sequel was necessary) but 2 is marginally more original and charming compared to 3. The devs even got some things right in the gameplay that 3's devs couldn't. I would have wanted a game with more of it's own pizzazz, story and character types rather than the same/similar formula, even if it ended up a bastard child like 2. It's better than a body double or a clone.

>moon presence
>twilight princess

hmm

Fuck it just give it to me

i have no desire whatsoever to play with 300 ping jp players; just unsure if i want to triple-dip. i have a steambox thing that i never bothered to set up; i've got a good connection, but even the slightest bit of latency matters in these games. mostly i just want to laze out and play on my couch.

hm, i'll def check some youtube ps4 footage, then. although i might just wait a few weeks, anyway; can't tell how much of the auto-summon covs failing to summon me/not being invaded despite running through entire areas embered is due to lacking playercount, how much is due to bugs, and how much is due to level/weapon mem disparities (is there still no data on who can invade who? i know it's +/- 10 levels and 2 upgrades for summoning)

dlcbro im still waiting for you where you died

>you will never be granted eyes

>go to /v/
>check bb threads
>theres some guy trying to defend ds3 for no reason
every time

>go to /v/
why

>trying to discuss BB on /v/ at all

Not even once. Too many shitposters of all types.

occasionally there are OST threads, some guy asking help with a boss and stuff
also i just skim the catalog to see if there are any news

Yo dlcguy, you wanna continue on after [Horse Noises]?

/dsg/ became a /v/ clone since DS3 was released, and /bbg/ is taking the same route.

NNGGGHNNNGHNNYES
same pass

If 99% of BB threads on /v/ weren't inherently inflammatory, you wouldn't have see that problem.

Yes you would.
You clearly don't know much about /v/, which is good.

Okay, follow my lead against these hunters, there's two of them and I can do some good damage against the melee one in the corner with my whirligig

No

There are genuine discussion about BB on /v/

But literally 99% of the threads made about it now are of the following derivatives:

>hurr durr BB was my first souls game it's so much better, also let's try to have a rational discussion about BB and completely ignore what I just said

>insert le goldface

>bb is the best game of all time, why don't we acknowleddge that, let's have a rational discussion about random minor game elements

The types of threads you mentioned are made by the exact same type of people who derail the good threads.

The biggest issue with BB threads on /v/ is how many fuckers use it to false flag and start shit with neverever, honestly.

There are some decent threads, but right now, with DaS3 so fresh, trying to discuss BB there is a bad idea.

watchdog of farron invasion fix when? SL39 not getting shit, but whenever I red eye orb in swamp I get instant connections

sorry dlcbro a shelf exploded into me and instakilled me, im at the locked door right after ludwig lamp and before two crazy nuns

The play station version of the souls games have always had more players than the other platforms.

>pc gaming's pretty niche
You fucking what, m8?