/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

cute edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png (embed)

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX (embed)

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb (embed)

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX (embed)

Previous thread:
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/139826037

>playing gimped classes
>fun

>Want to play as tamer
>See how it fails at endgame

W-what's the point desu?

>My taste is shit the list.
Muh special snowflakes.

Am I missing something or is this skill pointless to upgrade?

I posted the wrong image last time so I deleted the post.

just because you're not on the list doesn't mean it's a bad list.

why isnt eppu in there?

Applying for OP pic if possible as Katawa Plum.

Only if people agree obviously, I am not trying to force it.

For right now until it's fixed, it's just a filler for you to be able to get the ultimate version for skill cancel.

Waifus do not belong on lists.

They deserve better than that.

I'm sorry dude. Next time I create a character I will do some gimmick shit so I can be on your praised special snowflake list.

Everyday I log on EU and you don't reply sis, stop being afk!

I didnt want to be on the list, I even stopped posting my waifu

No you don't have to get it, don't get it at all it actually fucks you over completely by fucking over your animation cancels.

You can get Ultimate without Chase II so there is NO fucking point to get it ever.

RULES OF NATURE

Farming Witch Earrings and Mark of Shadows?

The fact that there is S and V labels on there is about as embarrassing as it can possibly be.
Makes me glad I only lurk.

90% of the people on the list have not even posted in months, it's obviously just a cirlclejerk thing.

I'm sorry, you'd already gone by the time I saw it ;_;

Money won't help me in pvp

It will if it helps you buy gear for your main.

doesn't not posting make someone not cute?

>special snowflake list
>not fucking terrible
Your list belongs in the garbage m80

I forgive you, only because we are family.

Post yours, rate others

This won't go bad at all

Why do you want to see my dick so bad?

>Kungen didn't even play this game for a month even tho he shilled it like the second coming of Jesus.

>kungen
that fucktard is praising WoW vanilla for 1 week now. check out his stream and I bet he is talking about his warrior and how he used to be number one while not trying to be pro

>shills game
>starts saying how this mmo is the second coming because time spent in game matters
>asks all his fans to send him the RNG boxes
>amasses silver
>asks for people to pay him to get their applications to the guild reviewed
>doesn't invite most of them
>goes full defense on his warrior
>can't kill anything by himself
>still dies and gets griefed by his betters
>quits with millions of silver and hundreds of unopened rng boxes

He's like that old school friend that only talks about the "good old days in school", imagine what an annoying friend that guy has to be.
Like how can you shill a game so much and for so long to only quit after not even playing for a month? He can probably never enjoy another game again because in his mind vanilla WoW is the best thing that's happen to mankind.

He's just an idiot. It boggles me that he even has a fanbase because he has nothing of worth to offer to his viewers. No charisma, no actual gaming skills, nothing. He just asks them for money.

I want to buy this based purely off the graphics

Can you play in 4K with >30fps on a 980 Ti?

Are there any good video I can watch to get a feel on the combat and PVP?

>the only class i like is ninja
>ninja still isn't out yet

Just hit 55

Goodnight, /bdog/

sleeptight
stay tight

i'm just glad that only a part of my character made that list and not the entire face

Just hit 51 and I got all my 10-50 lvling rewards all over again.. Is this supposed to happen? will I get more at 52? the fuck

You forgot
>bitches about wow
at the start, and then
>goes back to wow
at the end.

Congrats. Now get to 56 already

To be fair, large parts of the current MMO "audience" suffer from battered spouse syndrome.

i just got this game
what class should i roll

The best part is now he's trying to relive the "good old days!" by playing private vanilla wow servers now. It's fucking pathetic.

I almost feel bad for the 300 retards who followed him to a dead bdo server just so he could quit and go back to wow within a month. Almost.

not berzerker or warrior

is anybody else having connections issues on Uno?

Whatever you think looks the most fun

Got my first level 10 pet.

>+3% farming exp
Gee, thanks.

It's the only game he can play without looking like he's embarassing himself on his stream. Gotta keep them viewers.

As #1 farmer in my channel I will fucking give my left nut for a pet like that.

If trading were possible I'd trade it happily.

What town do people find the most comfy? Mine has to be Tarif

>comfy
fucking YC, this is why you're a dead guild

I'm not in YC but ok, power to you

Sick name drop bro!

Is this the best graphics MMO on the market right now? Or is there better graphics game

play wow

we never hang around randomly anymore
everyone's always grinding, doing scrolls, or other shit
fuck off sperg

The lighting really needs work. There's so many points where everything looks like shit because of it.

WoW's engine was upgraded in fact, but it is still outdated. I actually managed to play it until 2012, came back brielf but it's not the same it was - there was actually a good nostalgia thread on reddit yesterday that hit many of the reasons why, so I won't retype them here

Reason I'm asking is because I'm so far out of the MMO loop - in fact, I haven't really played too many video games for years, but I have some time now, and bdo looks pretty good so I want to get into it, but I want to make sure it is the best graphics MMO

As someone who played WoW vanilla, this game might satisfy some of your itches. You might get jaded and demotivated by the grind though. If you kind of like grinding then you'll probably be able to enjoy the game.

I missed the best time for sunsets, but it didn't turn out too bad

Well what do you want to focus on more? If it's crafting, gathering, pve and good graphics then go for ff 14. If you want to go for pvp and better than good graphics go for blade and soul. If you want to go for a hybrid of pvp, pve, crafting, gathering and above the norm graphics then go for black desert.

What's /bdog/'s favorite channel on Edan?

> If it's crafting, gathering, pve and good graphics then go for ff 14
FF 14 probably got the most tedious and boring crafting/gathering in the market.

It's the other way around. It has the most sophisticated and fun crafting method anywhere. You actually CRAFT things instead of just pressing the "create" button. Dame with gathering. You actually need to work on armor, gems and skills to do it. Of course, if you hate crafting then you'll find it boring and tedious.

Have you never played Everquest or any older MMO's? That ´kind of crafting is nothing new.

The thing is there's no reason at all to be a high level crafter in FF, unless you're the 1% top crafter and invested a fortune in your gear you would never get something out of it.
And the gathering in Heavensward is the most tedious shit ever, everything you gather is within a "timeframe" so you have to time all your gathering and then do the new shitty "collectible" mini game.
Let's not forget that gearing up your gathering/crafting is behind a weekly "time gate".

End game is based around guild drama and erp. people in this thread don't actually play the game.

I'm a valk with full Grunil and lots of money
What gems should I get?

The I shouldn't have gotten grunil set.

Why do so many retards run around with full Grunil?

Well it's definitely in none of the recent mmo's

And yes, the whole point of crafting and gathering is to work on end game content for it. It's no different from working on your gear for pve content, why are you saying it like it's a bad thing? By your logic there's no reason at all to be a top tank, healer or dps either.

>>everything you gather is within a "timeframe" so you have to time all your gathering and then do the new shitty "collectible" mini game

Again, this is good. If you don't like it then fine, but it makes it as tedious as grinding to level up is tedious. Which is in every mmo.

>>Let's not forget that gearing up your gathering/crafting is behind a weekly "time gate"

Anything new in ff 14 is always behind a "time gate". You're really nitpicking here.

reading guides online made for endgame 1000% playing koreans

Don't listen to these meme nerds who don't understand the concept of cookiecutter. Get knockdown resist gems, battlefield gems etc.

i think full grunil is only good for classes like tamers that need the ap to be useful

will still die in one sorc combo if they have that stone thing at full or whatever so bnest to go glass canon and get better at dodging

grunil is good for all classes though is you make use of the slots

>Anything new in ff 14 is always behind a "time gate". You're really nitpicking here.
That's hardly a nitpick. Weekly lock outs are pure cancer.

I've never been this far up a horse before

So I just put 7 blackstones with my eyes closed into my bronze dagger and don't think nothing about it changed. What was it meant to upgrade?

accuracy, it's a hidden stat you can't see and nobody knows how much it affects shit

welcome to bdo

It upgrades accuracy. It doesn't tell you by how much though, because lol fuck you hidden stats. I think a fully upgraded bronze dagger gives like +17 or so accuracy.

Well that's a whole other topic. I think it's fine. Without weekly locks we'd have everyone reaching end game in a matter of days and then crying a week later because they want new content. As if developers had a magical gate that can spit out new content in seconds.
Not only that but it helps people stay focused. There's too many things to do at the same time and it can get overwhelming for some.

>and yes, the whole point of crafting and gathering is to work on end game content for it

But the thing is there's no reason to do this at all, the only thing you can craft that requires high level crafting gear is vanity stuff to sell on the market, and you can only sell those things for much "gil" in the first 1-2 week when they're released.

Outside of that there's nothing you can do with crafting., all the things you craft are totally useless outside of the few vanity items.

>Again, this is good. If you don't like it then fine, but it makes it as tedious as grinding to level up is tedious
No this is not good. I fly to the node I want to gather and prepare myself for the shitty new mini game and while I do this the the time goes over the time frame which makes my character stop gathering, even tho I'm currently harvesting. All this shit does it that you have a web page that tells you when it's time to gather which makes it into a chore.

I see. Okay, cheers guys.

Is 17 a lot?

it's not 17, you can't tell how much it is and there's no way to test it

that's a complete guess
also no way to tell if 17 is even a lot sinec it's a hidden stat.
only thing to base it off it other equips like the krea weapon set bonus which is +5

>>No reason at all
Food, potions, costumes, necessary items other people that want to work in pve content need, items for guild houses and houses, the recently added airships, armor for new people. Have you played the game at all? Or are you so lost in your own point of view that you don't care of what others might like?

>>No this is not good
>>Proceeds with "I this" and "I that"

Again, if you don't like it, fine. It doesn't make it bad. And if you suck at it, that doesn't make it bad either. Stop whining. There's plenty of people that already have all their crafting and gathering classes at level 60 and can easily do both jobs. Others that focus only on what they like and groups that work together to have all the jobs available and lighten the work load.

>implying it's not something dumb and obvious like +1 accuracy per level

Rate my red manlet

LOD flickering and loading issues in the game are intolerable. They are selling a broken product.

So is there good money to be made in cooking?

If youre able to make a shit ton of Ham Sandwiches then yeah.

I'm so used to modded skyrim being a buggy crashing piece of shit I don't even mind all the glitches and having to restart BDO multiple times a day, but man BDO really is a buggy crashing piece of shit too.

For any /bdog/ on Orwen, Mabinogi is an option if you want. There's a few of us but, it just means more contract and raises or something right?

We haven't been doing any guild missions yet, but there's still starting funds in the bank. We'll need to start doing some though.

Cute eyes, looks like an awkward korean highschooler
6/10, I hate slamurais

Is there a profession that is better at making money?

Cooking looks fun.

I know alchemy isn't fully implemented or something.

Fishing looks like it might be boring but it would be fun to explore the seas. Same with hunting, seems boring but would be fun to explore while doing it.

Not person you're talking to but just because you like it doesn't make it not bad.

fishing is what you do overnight afk to make money

cooking/alch is what you do actively playing to make money, assuming you don't want to pve farm like everyone else does

You can actually make a shit ton of money if you set your workers to gather things and let that build up for you and then craft and sell things.

Silver fishing costumes go for 200k and they don't look that hard to make.