/vn/ - Lolicon edition

Visual Novel General #1072

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v925
mediafire.com/folder/9ls898yq3u0tv
www38.atwiki.jp/eternity_sword/
narukana.basci.net/index
strawpoll.me/10043642/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that being a degenerate is illegal.

1st for...
IKIKOI
K
I
K
O
I

it feels great though

Let's have a good thread.

yes

off by 1 lad

Six, but they only vary for one chapter and which girl you fuck. There's also only three different endgames. The routes beyond that only differ by about a 50 line epilogue. Satsuki/Narukana, Nozomi, and Katima/Ruputna/Naya are the three different endgames. Satsuki/Narukana is canon and basically identical except for which one you're fucking. Narukana's is locked and not accessible on NG. The fandisk doesn't make it clear which one is canon, and is mainly concerned with having Nozomu fuck every subcharacter he didn't fuck in the main game anyway.

forgot my pic

Fuck you. Use spoilers next time.

Thanks for the info

I reported you to the Canadian Mounties. Expect them to arrive in your house in a couple of hours, you fucking degenerates.

Satsuki is the canon ending? Fuck

You lost me.

Thanks

Which ending between Satsuki or Narukana is canon is still up for debate. That's why he put it as Satsuki/Narukana. If it were up to me, I would prefer if Narukana end was canon, but Satsuki is as logical, if not a bit more though.

Okay, I see. Not really feeling Satsuki right now, but I'm still early in maybe she'll win me over.

Also how do you guys know it's the canon ending?

Fandisk and he doesn't become an Eternal in any other ending.

worst edition

Because the fandisc has a chapter that serves as a sort of after story, and in said chapter Nozomu deal with the aftermath of becoming an unstable Naru Eternal. Both Satsuki and Narukana endings have Nozomu become a Naru Eternal and in both Nozomu traverse space after leaving the Time Tree to go on a journey throughout the multi-verse with his harem-- Satsuki, Reme, Narukana, and loli Narukana, the former two become Eternals too.

gaaaaaay

Gonna take a guess and say that Narukana is Euphia. Can you tell me what carries over in NG+? If it's just a redo i'll probably just do one playthrough of Satsuki's route.

Everything carries over. Level is capped at 30 on Normal, 60 on Hard, 99 on Super Hard. Balance gets increasingly fucked up the higher you go, to the point where black skills especially (% based damage that are affected by stat multipliers) will nearly one-shot bosses.

I would suggest only one playthrough on Satsuki. It's a long, tedious game, and there's very little variation between routes.

The MC in Seinarukana is a fucking pussy.
>i don't want to kill anyone
>m-muh previous life
Fucking grow up.

Yeah i'll probably do that. Last question In the routes where he doesn't decide to become an eternal, what happens? Does he just fuck off with his waifu of the route? Spoil me all you want, I really don't think it will effect my enjoyment of the game that much. I already know what happens in the true ending

Jiroul > Nozomu

I would kill to play a prequel that features Jiroul during the time when the Northern and Southern Gods were rampant. I want to see Jiroul lose control, to see how he became the infamous God of Destruction, all for the sake of a cute loli God.

Not him, but in other routes where he doesn't become an Eternal, he generally sticks with the heroine of that route and they part ways with the others to do their own thing after they stopped the final boss from resetting the Time Tree. I don't have the best memory, but to give a couple of examples: Nozomu goes back to Sword World with Katima to help her rebuild her country. Or in Naya's case, Nozomu and Naya are stuck in Root (Original of the Time Tree) because they took it upon themselves to become the new Administrator of the Time Tree, which is a hard job to due with their inexperience and lack of power, but they still get by.

to do*

Nozomi:
Salles fixes and remakes the multiverse, brings literally everyone back to life, including antagonists, and mashes all their different worlds together so they can be friends. Nozomi cries because he didn't give her big breasts.

Katima:
Salles fixes the multiverse and everyone goes home. Nozomu ends up trapped in Katima's world, working on a device that'll let them world-hop again to reuinte with the others.

Ruputna:
Nobody fixes the world. They decide to leave it broken and become world-hopping crime fighters.

Naya:
Naya stays behind, trapped in the core to become the new multiverse ruler. Nozomu stays with her.

I didn't know there were super hardcore Aselia and Seinarukana fans here, who showed up out of nowhere since no one really talks about Aselia anymore. Is the world really that interesting? I really disliked the gameplay of Aselia so I dropped it pretty early on, but maybe the rest of it is decent? Maybe there's a cheat engine thing to skip the battles or something.

Damn, I completely forgot Nozomi ending. Forgot they worked on a device to let them hop worlds in Katima end too.

this is hot as fuck

where is this from?

OVA adaptation of vndb.org/v925

The VN and many in the series has been translated for a while now

oh fuck, thank you so much, i didn't know about Sono Hanabira yuri series

You can get them from
mediafire.com/folder/9ls898yq3u0tv
too.

Longtime Aselia fan here. Aselia isn't popular so people, including myself, don't talk about it. But since Seinaruakna finally got released, there's incentive to talk about it now. I don't expect any real hype though, just a bit here and there for those fans who like the setting/story.

I'll just say this. Aselia has the better story, one that I would consider epic fantasy drama to Seinaruakan's shounen fantasy drama, but the gameplay is very inferior to Seinarukana's. Now while Seinarukana's gameplay isn't ground-breaking or that great, I do think it's pretty good and challenging if you try for rank S or SS.

Maybe it's just me, but the best draw to the series for me is the setting. In fact, I haven't come across any other anime/manga/game fantasy setting that draws me in as much as Aselia. The idea of swords, magic, exploring/adventuring to fantasy-like worlds across infinite worlds as an Eternal and being mixed up between an never-ending war between Eternals that do battle like old school Planeswalkers is awesome and grand.

Why is no one translating Dies Irae, since it's popular and guaranteed to sell?

I concur.

>guaranteed to sell

Like Gahkthun and Tokyo Babel sold? It could do double what they sold combined and still wouldn't be a major success.

Because that's one of the hardest VNs to translate in existence. An English translation do zero justice to it.

Maybe there will be a push for it when the anime airs. You know, there's at least 20 other good VNs that highly deserve a TL but it'll never happen. There's just too many factors preventing it from happening. And the fan TL scene is dead anyway, not that they necessarily would have been able to do it either.

Yeah it does sound grand.

Have you played the Trails/Kiseki series? That's probably my favorite world series right now, but it's mostly from how much love they put into detailing the world, and making it feel alive through a huge amount of NPC dialog.

I don't think that sort of thing can be effectively executed in the same manner as a VN. They tend to do exposition centered around the protagonist, instead of giving glimpses of people's everyday lives in the world.

buy himawari for smug faces
(theres a lot of them)

moonrune reader detected. Gahkthun and Tokyo Babel didn't sell because they're shit

Not necessarily a moonrune speaker. That's just the same thing everyone parrots when this topic comes up. Not that it makes it less true though. I think the Tokyo Babel translators can handle it though. You guys will complain about the informal dialog during the comedy scenes, but they did a good job with the action stuff.

VNs sell like shit in general. I kind of doubt DI would do super well, unless it was a Kickstarter where people can hype the shit out of it for months. You guys hate KS, but there's a huge contrast with how Mangagamer's releases happen, which is with a wet flop at release date and everyone forgets about it.

only way translating DI would be worth the investment for any company is if the anime becomes huge.
translating plotge isn't worth it unless they have absolutely massive amounts of hype behind them, casual EOPs are raised on katawa shoujo and gravitate primarily towards random mediocre moege. Not a single chuunige has sold for shit

not smug enough

You kidding? I love Falcom's Kiseki series. One of my loli waifus comes from there. Although to be honest, that's the only series I like out of the Eiyuu Densetsu franchise. I don't like the older or new spin-offs. Anyways, Kiseki does everything right in a RPG, especially the fleshed out characters and detailed world-build, which is done better than Aselia. Definitely in my top 5 of all time for RPG.

A VN could have stronger introspection and narrative thought, but something like Kiseki works best as a classic open-field RPG rather than a SPRG VN or pure VN. The real-time roleplaying and living in an active world that is subject to change is large part to its success.

Yeah, they can leverage the anime to launch a Kickstarter and generate some huge hype. Something like Muv Luv got a shitload of attention. If they had launched normally on Steam, it probably would get like 10% max the sales it'll get after all that Kickstarter hype.

Therefore prepare for dovac to announce it when the anime airs. All-ages of course, which everyone agrees is actually the way better version since it added good content.

Why are you asking dumb questions that have been asked a million times already?
Not that I have a problem with that.
The answer is not just one reason like people seem to believe regarding games. To get something translated officially, there has to be a lot of fulfilled conditions like available, competent translator, willing english publisher, and most important of all, willing japanese developer interest. And those all even have smaller requirements to fulfill. If nobody suspects it'll be profitable, nobody's going to try to get it done. Long games = more text = higher price, more coding etc and combined with other fees, likely won't be profitable. The Japanese also seem to be hesitant in bringing their games overseas. These companies likely don't have staff for overseas related things aside from VisualArts and Frontwing and can't really negotiate with ousiders and seem to focus on just the JP market.
Mangagamer pays like shit and has shit sales. Nobody's going to be actively looking to work with them. The other choice is sekai project but theyre a shit company that every fan complains about. JAST isn't even part of the picture since they have 0 interest in localizing anything at all.
The time spent translating something from DI would be 5-10x the amount of time to translate something from a moege and would probably take around a year or more, so of course the translator would want to be compensated properly for that time. Now you add in editor qc and other fees and the cost heavily outweighs the profit.

>would probably take around a year or more
Ha what? More like it would take at least 3 years or more.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Any JOP who talks about love for worldbuilding would have played it.

We need the Crossbell games translated

Should I play Aselia before playing Seinarukana?

no i translated it and it only took a year

yes

How come there's no ingame explanation of battle mechanics in Seinarukana. I really liked Esperia's explanation on combat in Aselia but in Seinarukana you go in blind. I don't even understand what the mana bar is for on the battle screen.

We will surely get Zero and Ao, so the only question is when? TC won't be out until 2017, so it's going to be a long and painful wait just to see ZnK out after another year and a half to 2 years following TC's release.

How can you miss Satsuki-senpai battle tutorials? That's what they are for.

Honestly they should have just done Zero first. They already fucked around with the release order with Sen 1+2 so it's not even a big deal anymore.

TC is going to sell really poorly given how low sales of SC was. I hope that doesn't torpedo chances of Zero. They actually weren't even planning on starting work on TC so early, but the good sales of Sen gave persuaded their bosses to get it going.

I heard. It's my belief a Steam only release was a bad idea and why TC sales aren't good. And now as things are, TC will likely be Steam release too. Hopefully for Zero and Ao, they can do PSP/Vita and Steam to garner better sales.

Does that happen later in the game since in the very first battle where you can plan out your team, it just throws on the front line.

The first two tutorial occurs in the first mission in Sword World. You probably skipped if you didn't see them. There a couple more after when it's relevant to learn a new and needed aspect of the gameplay to help you clear a mission.

There are a *

What are some VNs where the protagonist is a niggard?

I guess I haven't progressed far in the story yet since I haven't done any mission yet and the battle that I've done was the one after the foraging.

>battle that I've done was the one after the foraging.
Yeah, you are not there yet.

G-Senjou no Maou

Why is there a TBA English translation listed on VNDB for Angel Beats 1st Beat but no translation group listed for it?

Cause it's just the one translator right now. Check the reddit vntls thread for his weekly update.

Is Seinarukana as restrictive and needing of precision actions as Aselia or do you get more leeway?

Aselia has a decent story (mostly, the Aselia and Orpha routes) with serviceable characters, but the truly great thing about is the setting.

That said, unlike , what I enjoyed most was the world of Phantasmagoria itself. The concept of Spirits and their Eternity Swords, the role of Rebirth, Ether technology, the Etrangers... how from the beginning the world is doomed, and the only ones who realize it end up playing the role of villains.

Really, I wish it had better writing; I think they really compromised on story to break the scenario down into the 5+2 routes. Esperia's route, while a decent story for the character, has no bearing on the plot (but nice epilogue). Lesteena's has little purpose besides letting you fuck the princess since she is very rarely interacted with in a non-official capacity and her epilogue is facepalming, and Uruka is just sort of crammed in as well.

Bu man, the Orpha route (no pedo). The concepts at play in it are great, it's a shame it's just not fleshed out and talked about, you gotta figure out who is Ryutoriam and her connection to Rebirth, Tokimi and the wielder of Wisdom by way of implication from one-off remarks and flavor text.

I'm about to finish reading eden* and I don't think I'll bother with the h scenes. Sion is too cute and pure to see her defiled like that.

I wish I had the willingness to do another couple routes. I did Uruka's, Kyouko's, and Esperia's back when I played it. I enjoyed it, but holy hell was it a chore to get through that second route, much less the third.

>Not wanting to make love to a god tier loli who's so pure she can be defiled and still come out pure
You don't know what you're missing.

Alright, Dang It Ron Paul 2 turned out to be fantastic. I liked it more than the first one, and now I'm looking forward to the anime in July.

I think mystery type vns could be great, but we don't get a lot of them and most I can think of are on the DS/3DS.

>I'm looking forward to the anime in July
Have you not learned from the first anime? It literally doesn't work and solely exists to sell the game.

Did you enjoy the parts where Kaori was involved? Everytime she becomes a focus I just want to skip. I think she had more screen time than Aselia.

>defiled

there's absolutely nothing wrong with loli loving

Is that a smoke grenade

I didn't watch it. I mostly just want to know how things wrap up since the third game doesn't deal with the Hope Academy students. Since this one coming up is not an adaptation I have a little bit of hope (ha)

flash grenade

Eh, you plow through the first 2/3rds of the game with NewGame+, and there's a button to skip the battle screen.

I ended up using a trainer regardless.

You really missed out on the two most interesting routes, though, since they each respectively lead into running into Eternals earlier, with dramatic consequences.

loli juice grenade

I skipped every time she started playing the harmonica and after chapter 2. Her intermissions are a little important during her captivity in Rakios because they talk about the setting or give insight into Lesteena's character, but they add next to nothing once Uruka kidnaps her.

Does this look like someone who's been defiled to you? You're thinking of the wrong minori heroine, not that the other heroine's a slut or anything since she wanted to save it for him until she was defiled.

>Forgetting dragons
>Motherfucking dragon that can rival Eternal from amassing unimaginable amount of mana
My flavor text boner at work here.

So how are you enjoying Ikusa Megami Zero?

>As for the divergences, if anything I am not fluent in Japanese, I know enough to play the game and enjoy it without help but to translate it I deciphered the game helping myself with machine translation rather than straightforwardly translating it. I actually was playing the game in original japanese while reading the corresponding lines in english machine translation and making the corrections like this.

>So there have been many moment when I actually doubted or couldnt understand a conversation. In these moment I gathered what little I could understand (mainly spoken dialogs, the issue being that older Eush games only have voice acting for female characters) and tried to complete in a way that made sense to me.

is this going to be edgy as fuck?

Is it better XP-wise in Seinarukana to win fast or be thorough about murdering every living thing?

Use www38.atwiki.jp/eternity_sword/

You need mana to to level up. You get mana through consumption by slaying enemies or through an artifact that gathers mana in the surrounding area. The former is faster and if you aim for SS rank then it's the ideal way to go about gathering mana. But that way also means you will have little free time to spend leveling up at a base, so you need to plan ahead and be sure who you send to kill fast as possible.

My bad, I meant narukana.basci.net/index

Looks like you get skills from S/SS ranking as well?

Yes, you usually get Permanent Wills of higher level as a reward if you obtain rank S or SS.

Yes, but it's pretty fun.
Unfortunately the true route is pretty shit.

Which is the best TypeMoon franchise?

strawpoll.me/10043642/