/xsfg/ XSEED & Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Undead Polygamy Edition

A general for talking about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1 (Senran Kagura fans should visit /skg/ due to the sheer volume of Senran Kagura activity).

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, scheduled to be released in Japan June 23 for 3DS systems.
Official Website: bokumono.com/series/tomodachi/index.html
An introduction trailer has just been released: [YouTube] 3DS『牧場物語 3つの里の大切な友だち』紹介映像第1弾
gematsu.com/?s=story of seasons

Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is out in the EA/Australia and NA alike for Nintendo 3DS.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.
gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.
gematsu.com/?s=Ys VIII

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

Wikias:
therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Factory_Wiki
harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
fogu.com/

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/edit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

busted

Has this place really been here the whole time and I just haven't ever noticed it?

We're kind of cozy, obscure, and sleepy here.

Also where are those ruins on RF3?

In the lake in town.

I've never seen it (yet). How do you get there?

Water Lily Magic Seed or Ninja Boots
Though you can't do anything there until you propose

I fucked the horn girl

Did that thing watch the whole baby-making?

Congratulations

that birth will be exceedingly painful

But this is the settlement

Gonna need a sauce on this senpai

W-what's wrong with their eyes?

cocaine uguu

She's a big girl.

JUST KUSO MY UNKO UP KAZOKU

It's a mystery.

Noooooo

>page 10

Protect this smile.

I haven't been on in awhile, any new shit for "3 friends..." like screenshots or news?

I'm more worried about their heads, Amber's looks like she just developed sudden-onset gigantism.

We've got waifus and trailers and a theme song and a tomboy maid and T A N T W I N S. So yeah, quite a bit.

Please tell me this hairstyle has some significance in the real world. Why did they do this

Damn I'm salty, the artistic direction looks wayyyy better than in SOS. I guess in some ways they were trying stuff out in SOS and this is the final product

>Amber and Meg are now 8heads
>Pico got into the wrong sugar
>Forte and Xiao are now a Kabuki performers

At least Meg has some hair to cover that head of her's, poor Amber is a full 9head and you could spot that forehead of her's from orbit.

Save the thread!

So cute! Is Lest whispering something to her?

>I l-loathe you.

That's read as "da-dai [red]kirai[/red] desu wa," right?

*(the red's around the dai too)

>It is slow monrig!

Yeeeeep, thumbnails can do some horrible things to pictures.

>That's read as "da-dai [red]kirai[/red] desu wa," right?

Yes, it is 大嫌い/だいきらい.

Hug a wooly today.

Too bad they're taking so long to make another RF, because if they make a console one, it'll probably be for the NX or Wii U, which means if I want to play it, I'd have to shell out for one first.

Cool.

>i slept with pico

That would be an awkward thing to talk to her about...

But how can you stick your dick into a ghost?

You masturbate inside her and she gets off on the mental aspect of the act. Ah, it's too early for weird fetish-airing

Although the game uses 大キライ, not 大嫌い

Isn't putting it in katakana the equivalent of CAPS/bolding/italiciszing in English dialog?

Yeah it's used for emphasis, but I don't even see any instances of of Sofia using 大嫌い, although Sherman does once.

Is it worth it going full autist and getting extreme optimal jesus equipment

I kind of just want to hang out with waifu instead of crafting stuff now, I've got a stable of dragons and other bosses I can throw at literally everything in the game

To the extent of max-levelling a bunch of golden veggies and giant crystals and other things and using them to buff your gear for Quality Level bonuses, sure, but nothing that requires grinding monster drops since inheritance can deal with that.

Great, I'll just keep on growing golden vegetables then.

On a barely related note, I'm trying out Story of Seasons and the lack of unique dialogue everyday and the distance between the farm and the actual town feels like a huge step down from RF4.

>distance between the farm and the actual town

That's a real turn-off for me too. Don't you have to give a daily milk to Elise to get a horse?

Yeah and then the horse totally sucks

Hmm... I wonder...

There's are RF3 romhacks?

Not yet, but it's definitely possible. I'm playing around with the idea right now.

No, you have to give five milk to her one time. Otherwise you pay 100k or something for it.

Except it doesn't. It's twice as fast as the normal running speed, and doesn't need to be kept happy or anything (and it might be immortal?). I think it's the fastest mode of transportation, and you need it to use the warp points too. Well worth it.

Count me in for stuff if you end up doing anything substantial with it. Making can't-haves available sounds like good times

Well yeah in terms of utility the horse is good. I just mean I don't like how it feels to use, or maybe I'm just spoiled by magic go-fast amulets or ghost mounts you can have constantly follow you

Anyone want the strawberry and banana costume code for Onechanbara?

For some reason Alvarna is in the locations file for RF3

Just use carrots to fast travel and never actually actively ride the horse

Maybe they originally intended for you to be able to visit Alvarna in RF3?

There's also things like Final Dungeon 18-29, Labyrinth, Sub Dungeon 06, System 00, Past House, and Old school

Sometimes I wonder about the ethical ramifications of drugging everyone in town to love me so I can unlock a recipe I already know.

I don't, as long as they love me and they're happy it's okay. Free will can suck it. Xiao Pai agrees.

Rune Factory 5 when?

never ever

Frey please, that is lewd.

Does that say "Congratulations [on] marriage, Dylas?"

This is starting to sound like the premise of a lewd VN...which to be frank Rune Factory 4 would work out pretty well in. A nice stable of heroines with plenty of requisite archetypes like the tomboy, the loli, the pattenko, the MILF, the not-a-maid, the girly-girl, the refined goth and the power princess, potential rivalries and revenge plots from the bachelors, mind-altering substances, monsters, amnesia that could be fake and an excuse for some unscrupulous fellow to get his lewd on in a new life, potential netori with Nancy and Lin Fa, good ends, bad ends, harem ends, and all the normal and weird/fetish sex scenes you could shake several faggots' worth of sticks at.

>Choukyou route where you wear down Meg's inhibitions and turn her into a split-personality sex fiend who turns at the whisper of her code word
>Netori route where you dominate both Xiao Pai and Lin Fa and fake evidence Yan Fang was cheating on her, then gettin' your lewd on with both of them
>Netori + pregnancy fetish route where you steal Nancy away from Jones or arrange an accident for him, then show her what a man not shooting blanks can do with her womanhood
>Yandere route where you eventually Macguyver a way to make Pico flesh-and-blood again by making Dolce a surrogate, using forbidden magic to overwrite the baby's soul with Pico's and forbidden medicine to artificially age her body up to the legal range and genderswap it if necessary
>Revenge subroute where you crossdress and torture Doug for all the shit he's given you, then toss him into that one looking-for-a-wife monster pit where he spends the rest of his days in blissful mindbroken monster matrimony
>Lewd mystery route where you pursue Illuminata and dig into her past, eventually finding the real reasons she has such a hard time with relationships and helping her get over them
>GFD/RR route with Forte where you break down her iron facade and she eventually takes the initiative

I think doug is a cockgobbler but i don't think i could leave him in the pit with that monster raccoon

>GFD/RR
a what

i like all of these ideas except the part where frest is horribly manipulative and a bad person, their earnestness and utter lack of guile is really charming

Gentle Femdom/Role Reversal, I hit the character limit. And don't think of it as being "horribly manipulative and a bad person," think of it as Frest "enlightening" their route partners and showing them just why he/she's the fucking best. And if nothing else, hey, you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelette, and if you really want that action with Nancy or Lin Fa then Jones and Yan Fang're going to have to lose out, simple as that.

Except for the Doug bit, I'll give you that, but that fucker has it coming and someone's got to have a legit bad end and I'd much rather it be him than someone likeable.

There's gotta be a more honest way of setting up the Lin Fa route. She says in the game she doesn't miss her husband, but I wonder how true that actually is. Her and Shoe's tacit acceptance of Yang Something being a faceless deadbeat scrub who contributes nothing to the family other than stopping by once a year to peddle his acai berry juice pyramid scheme crap baffles me.

I dig it, though doug and pico are 2extreme4me. I dont think forte is a good fit for gfd though, her unexpected passivity is part of her charm. Dolce or Meg would be better imho

I like the idea of it. Femdom but she'd be bad at it. You'd top from the bottom

if you people think a straightforward armorko like forte would be into anything other than a pure romantic love you are crazy

can't speak for frest though

>remember an image of an embarassed dom
>decide to google embarrassed femdom
>what could go wrong
That's a top tier idea though

fun fact: Ed's VA is the same as Frey's (in the dubs).

the worst part of rf4 is that no one ever invites you to eat at the restaurant with them

then you roll on in to get a bunch of stale bread you're gonna eat by yourself at the counter and everyone's sitting together having a good time

>ディラフレ
>ケッコン
>オメデトウ

DylaFre (A portmanteau of Dylas + Frey as I'm sure you've guessed.)
Congratulations on your marriage!

Oh -- I didn't really see that last part so I thought it was a "ス."

Should I play Tides on Wii or PS3?

>buy forte the legendary cheesecake
>take her home
>ask her about the cheesecake
>"me and kiel ate it together"
why are you lying to me

There's no reason she couldn't have shared it with her brother.

i was with her the entire time man, kiel was across town. there is no scenario where she could have consumed that cake with her brother. i walked her straight home from the general store

In the brief moment you transitioned screens, she teleported to Kiel and shoved half of the cheesecake into his mouth, then teleported back.

How many people can actually use teleport?

Wait, do people actually dislike Doug? I've only just finished saving Venti for real so I haven't had time to date him yet, but I'm planning on marrying the guy. I really liked his character arc, his relationship with Blossom seemed sweet. Is there something seriously wrong with him that comes up later or what?

I think everyone or tons of people would die

Also

>forte's teleport is bound to her brother in case of emergency
>lest's teleport is bound to his bed because he's a lazy fucker

Ondorus and Marjorie seem to do it fine, and there was someone else (Pia or Sakuya maybe?)

I'd like to bind Lest's teleport to Venti.