/twg/ - Total War General

Pagoda edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

fullerton.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_6EgjZmbmaqnnLEh
youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-qAjkwHO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pagoda edition is the best edition.

>Lizardmen still not announced.

Reminder.

4TH for BotET

Aksum cucked da world. Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmiz wuz his.

OFFICIAL WARHAMMER EVIL FACTION THREAT LEVELS:

>THE END TIMES:
SKAVEN

>THE ETERNAL ADVERSARY:
NAGASH

>THE UNENDING ONSLAUGHT:
GREENSKINS

>THE STORM OF CHAOS
FOUR GODS AND THEIR PET

>THE REST

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING MILI'ARY RULER OF ALL BRETONNIA

lel xd hahaha what a funny meme :)

If you could drop one faction from any TW game in to another TW game what would you pick

Third age gondor/arnor into anything prior to empire's time period.

I NEED MORE WARHAMMER AAAAAH

The battle I've been building up to my whole campaign.

>question
Do you know if additional reinforcements enter the field when I start to run out of units from the original 40?

I can already tell this will be a clusterfuck of a battle.

My general plan is:
>take the hill and forests with pikes and archers
>hold cav in reserve to charge when the huns try to flank pike lines
>keep generals behind my lines and alive to reinforce moral
>snipe attila if I can
>the battle will be split between two fronts, the high ground and the forrests

fuck that camera my dick. Could've maybe done the highlight allies and enemies thing but that looks great.

>fuck that camera my dick
What did he mean by this?

> Do you know if additional reinforcements enter the field when I start to run out of units from the original 40?
Yes, one by one. You can retread the ones you don't want and the game will send you the next unit.

Fuck. That camera, my dick.
Is my guess.

fullerton.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_6EgjZmbmaqnnLEh
take my survey senpai

Fuck I'm tired, okay?

The battle is going surprisingly well so far, given the AI has been dump enough to charge my pike wall.

I have a lot of cinematic screens that I'll post once the battle is over but for now I'll focus on the tactical stuff, as an aside, difficult is VH so I can use slow/pause time

aaaaahh_every_fucking_day.jpg

Let me roll

>nubian archers
why? just buy more cavalry they fucking suck

the shittier controls and camera in the earlier titles is the one reason I keep going back to attila

Also, units entering one by one is pretty useless because trickling units in and running them across huge swathes of land is going to have about as much impact a if you just told them to retreat off the map.

Unless they're shock cav. Then you've win the battle.

-> >>Veeky Forums

There have been many kangs before you.

Reminder elves should be purged in any fantasy universe

>muh tg memes
you autists are fucking pathetic

>screenshot from Third Age total war
>muh tg memes

Young man, if you continue to behave with such poor manners I will have no choice but to inform your mother.

>doesnt know the elves tg memes
newfag

>t. autistic who roleplays as rome

>He memorizes warhammerfags memes
warhammerfag

>elf hate meme
>exclusive to warhammer
its all over tg and constantly leaks into other boards/settings

Wow this thread sure has a lot of DANK MEMES(tm)

Maybe you guys could talk about video games, for once?

>all over tg
I don't go to tg

Bannerlord will never release

What's warhammer?

STOP IT

YOU FUCKING LIE

BANNERLORD WILL RELEASE AND IT WILL BE AMAZING

>Bannerlord will never release
no fug you, it will release any moment now

You know its true

It was a hugely underwhelming battle. The only way they hurt me was by expending all their horse archer ammo against my pikes. That being said the infantry contingent of their army caused me a bit of pain nothing that flanking Mavia's chargers and Tanukhid ambushers can't solve in about 30 seconds though.

I got nubian archers because I otherwise can't deal with horse archer factions. Mavia's chargers/my other light cav *can* catch horse archers but they take horrific casualties in the process and I need them to be healthy for the hammer and anvil charges that win me battles. I just came across the campaign map after crushing the sassanids into the dust.

The battle was won, a close victory with 2k of my men lost and basically the entire enemy stack lost.

the whole doom filter thing looks pretty nice sometimes. Even if the contrast looks a bit fucked up sometimes.

This thread is top zozzle

>Frontal pike charges :^)
>amazing AI
>Attila the DED

Reminder that elves are our friends.

Last screen I'll post unless people want more.
Also that fucking general got the procrastinator trait after the battle.

Post more, anything's better than memes

t. tree

you need to have a camel unit soaking up arrows together with the mavias chosen to reach the enemy with nearly full team, or just subjugate some germanic faction and buy their archers, nubians are so bad its not even funny

also kushite mounted shotelai are absolutely not worth it, the only cavalry unit not armed with a spear that is still worth it are the himayarite shotelai camels

youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

chosen uar will easily beat pikes from the front if they just walk into them instead of charging, in fact in Attila almost any shield unit will beat pikes from the front easily

Is it easy to mod your own colors?

That sounds pretty viable with the camels soaking it up. I totally agree with you about the shotelai, I only started recruiting them because I've just unlocked them, they've been incredibly underwhelming. Especially given they're expensive and take 2 turns to recruit.

I've also run out of good screenshots from the hun battle but I'm the user who spends a sickening amount of time taking screens in 4k at ultra so I have plenty saved up.

What are your graphics settings?
I'm kind of wondering since I'm playing on a new computer and it can run everything great except I'm dropping frames when maxing everything out in the newer TWs. I'd rather have it smooth.

OVER THE VAULTS PERHAPS?

Well, if only the AI knew not to run full speed into my spears while not scouting and finding the hidden lancers/ambushers that gang banged them immediately after they impaled themselves on the pikes.

>4k ultra
Oh. I'll bet your maxed with more than one gramphics card then...
Good job at having money, user.

ARCHURS REDDY, BOSS

el hablo no spreche espanol

TREBUCHET REDDY, YA GIT

I generally have very high settings, 2x AA and 1440 are my general battle settings. If I'm doing a battle just for screens I'll ramp everything to max and put it in 4k (which ruins the UI sizes so I can't play like it normally even if frames weren't a concern). When I play with 1440 I usually get around 40 frames consistently unless its 40v40 in a big city etc.

Typical 20v20 stack battles in open fields get reasonable frames.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Sadly I run it at 4k maxed with extremely bad (~20) frames. I do have lots of money I work at a law firm while studying at uni but my 2nd graphics card to run in SLI is arriving soon. I've only had a single overclocked 970 before. CPU/ram etc are plentiful.

Hmm. I could turn down the battle pixel ratio a bit. Also I haven't played with AA enough to know what the difference looks like. I just clicked x16 like a newfag because I don't know any better.
Got a new 2k monitor last week. Almost panicked thinking that it's too much screen real-estate and making all my icons tiny and websites hard to read.

I too have a 970. Well then. I might copy you if I get more expendable income. Which is easy because I'm living the semi-neet life (have a job but live with my folks).

>spreche
Oh it's you...fuck off soldat.

winter battles are best battles desu

Is there some place I can go and they will put me to sleep and I'll only wake up one month from now?

Hit yourself on the head really hard, one for each day you wish to skip.
EZ

winter night battles are comfy and also slightly scary.

I also think I need to fix my contrast/lighting at some point, unless the game is meant to be impossible to see like this.

choke yourself until you pass out

well mine is a lot brighter, here for example is a night battle in winter, its not snowing in my pic though, while it is in yours so maybe thats why its so much brighter

Nice and thematic, you always have have the magical unit square icons to actually play the game with.

>I generally have very high settings, 2x AA and 1440

The absolute madman

Ancient Empires when

NEW VIDEO
youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-qAjkwHO0
BRETONNIA VS VAMPIRE COUNTS

>/twg/ memes power level
>Absolure top
Tomb kings still unnanounced
Over the alps
Ahhhh X the eternal Y
Hovel

>Shit
Aksum cucked the world, hataz did!
Pagodas
Invade britain(this disrupts campaigns)

Am I forgetting something?

>The problem I refer to is that melee stat penalties can go up to -16 or so at 100% damage, enemies with raider units can easily cause 35+% damage and many of your more basic units (limitanei spears for example) only have 13 melee attack to begin with.

I'll pass it along to the smarter folks on the team but I think I get what you mean. If a damage penalty is -16 and your melee attack is 13 then it might go negative, and presumably just become utterly impotent?

Who you goin to play for your first campaign?

>Ah..the eternal
>If our THING is to become SOMETHING SOMETHING ELSE

We can see the embed you silly cunt

>Am I forgetting something
Pontus
Hannibal & tendies
Facefucking advisor-tan
Braise Dengri

So? thumbnail doesn't say its Bretonnia vs Vampire Count and a lot of people here are going to play BotET when it comes out

>no Antiochus
>no PONTUS

I want newfags to leave

>Am I forgetting something?
Fucking antiochus?????

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY PONTUS, HERE'S A POORLY SHOPPED PIC OF EPIC FAIL ANTIOCHUS FUCKING UP, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

Winter night battles are super doom-y

Don't cut out the important part