Differences between the lower, middle, and upper classes

Lets have one of these threads

Your fucking face when the rechargeable battery starts draining after 2 charges.

I'm calling bullshit

Poor start to this thread

Source

Poor stupid people: Making OC
Average middle class: Stale macro images
>Affluent intelectuals: Greentext

>affluent intellectuals
>complete fool
kill yourself if you talk like this

this

>AFFLUENT intellectuals
>Aren't really intelligent so they buy things to make themselves look smart

>RICH intellectuals
>When they're self made they usually stick with the most cost effective product

>TRUE intellectuals
>don't give a shit

This was proven to be an objective fact and takes into account all economic scenarios and possible rises from nothing into account ;)

>I believe the middle class buys $8000 watches

I believe millionaires are falling over themselves to complete surveys

>I believe average middle class can afford to live in luxury neighbourhoods. I also believe affluent intellectuals live in cardboard houses in some horrible burb.

>affluent intellectuals
>still panasonic product

Not even a troll. Cycling is exclusively for rich white people.

Valid. (Millionaire Next Door.)

>Not even a troll. Cycling is exclusively for rich white people.
fuck that means i should be rich

Rich people don't like cash back and other rewards?

Rich people don't need to borrow money to cover their daily expenses :^)

> The lower class
95% of the time raised poor. Can't see past tomorrow.

> The middle class
Realize the value of both hard work and brains. See money as simply the means to have a home and a few of the essentials and pleasures of life.

> The upper class
Realize the virtue in being the very best. Never stop competing or expanding no matter how much money they make. Want to lead, not follow, above all other things. Want to make the history books. Usually humble with their words, but extremely competitive with their actions.

>poor stupid people of Veeky Forums
...shitpost about crypto coins

>average middle class of Veeky Forums
...shitpost about "muh degree", mortgages and stock picks

>affluent intellectuals of Veeky Forums
...shitpost about index funds and efficient markets

> currency trading
wew lad

>Your fucking face when the rechargeable battery starts draining after 2 charges.

It's not 2004 grandpa, we're in the LSD-NiMH age.

>poor people
Cheap shit that breaks quickly and always needs to be replaced forcing you into debt slavery

>middle class people
Slightly more expensive shit that needs to be replaced on bimonthly, biyearly, bidecade cycles forcing you into wage slavery

>rich people
Buy one very expensive item and it lasts for the next 40-50 years thus making it cheaper over its entire lifespan and freeing you from the shackles of a shitty life with 40 year mortgages and no satisfaction

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that anymore. Very expensive items are just cheap shit with luxury branding.

lol @ OP thinking Niggers even read labels and not just the price tag.

You still need to spend lots to get high quality goods that last a long time. Take shoes as an example, go buy a shit pair for 20$ and they'll last you 3-4 months of use at most. Spend about 100$ and you'll have them for 2 years of use but if you go and buy a very good pair of high quality shoes for about 300$ you'll have them for the next 10 years

>Getting an eco drive

Top cuck

that's not a used seiko from ebay

A truly smart man buys something cheap and takes good care of it, making sure depreciation kicks in at the absolute slowest rate possible.

Well that's what research and smart shopping is for. You find the high quality goods that are last years stock or refurbished and you learn how to care for it and make it last years.

Also the main difference is rich people only buy what they need, and don't get attached to things..

But really when you're rich as fuck anyone who cares how you spend yoyr money?

Caring about your spending is for poor and middleclass, a richfag can just drop thousands on random shit just for fun

shit pair : 3*20 $ per year = 60 --> 5 years new shoes every 4 month for 300 $

"high quality" for 300$ wont last 10 years ... And even if they look shit and you will look like a retard for the last 5 years.

I've had the same pair of shoes for work for the past 5 years, I spent 250$ on them and i've just maintained them really well and they look brand new still. I've had coworkers who try and go cheap and they have to keep replacing their shoes every year or every 8-10 months if they go cheap enough.

>Very expensive items are just cheap shit with luxury branding.

'no'

Very expensive items are bespoke, thus made at the highest level of quality.

What you think is "very expensive" is actually not that expensive.

For example, a bespoke pair of shoes is worth $3,000 at least, but it will be literally immortal.

Now, a $500 pair of shoes may just be a "luxury" item of meh quality... or a quality item if you're buying from a shoemaker (Crockett & Jones, Carmina, J. M. Weston) and not from a luxury brand (Paul Smith, Gucci, Saint Laurent).

... i not talking about shoes for work (for a suit or boots for construction) im talking about casual shit

$300 is the entry level for quality shoes.

A good $300 pair (i. e. goodyear welted) WILL last 10 years if you do take care of it, and do resole it when needed.

And it will look better in 10 years with patina.

Obviously you should have several pairs, not just one, to avoid a premature death of your shoes.

Oh yeah but that's a big cost, obviously I won't spend more than like 60$ on regular shoes. Work boots and nice dress shoes are expensive and you shouldn't cheap out on them or they'll just cost more over its entire life

you guys have clearly never been around affluent intellectuals. they buy expensive as fk clothes and they look cheap as fuck. They dont fuckin back pack and stay in hostels they go skiing and stay in their rich friends holiday homes or nice lodges. They live in massive stately homes or houses in expensive post codes. The only thing they dont do is buy expensive cars.

Op got a template?

If affluent people don't buy expensive cars, then who does?

literally put white squares over what's already there come on user

Serious question. Is it better to be frugal with everything, or is it sometimes good to live like you're rich? (Ex: buying fancy watches, flying first class)

>Serious question. Is it better to be frugal with everything, or is it sometimes good to live like you're rich?

Run a cost benefit analysis and ensure you're not getting marginal returns, make sure you're getting the best value.

Also it depends on if you can afford it.

If you're a multi-millionaire making $20k/month then spending $1000 on a ridiculously nice dinner date isn't going to hurt you at all

Do as you like it, but:

>the first option will make you an actual millionaire on the long term
>the second option will make you permanently broke or almost-broke, and leave you with zero capital for retirement

Your choice.

He said "living like you're rich", which supposes he's actually not rich.

Then probably not.

I think it all depends on value.

>buying fancy watches - example

Difference between a $20 walmart watch and a $250 watch? Bretty good, huge difference in quality and looks, price is only $230 difference.

Difference between a $250 watch and a $2000 watch? $1750 and negligible returns on the quality and looks of it relative to how much more expensive it is.

Just think like that. The flying first class thing for example, why? Difference is MUCH more money and very little bonuses you get (a little more leg room, nicer food, better airconditioned, etc) Not worth it

Yes.

Anyway, a $2,000 watch will often cost $250 used (check that on eBay). Buying used stuff is essential to have the best value.

Houses, cars, and even minor stuff like books or watches are best bought used.

The only things I don't like to buy used are electronics (too shady, too many potential problems). I enjoyed buying used clothes back in the day, but it costs too much time to find the right item at the right size.

Bookfag here. I always find books to be cheaper on Barnes and Noble's website than on eBay or Amazon.

Eh I'm not specifically saying used ( although that's obviously right in many cases ), but rather weighing the value of the items vs their price.

I think that's a way better approach than being a frugal little kike who cries about spending $200 on something yet also not being a poorfag who buys all "luxury" because "xD if it's more expensive meens it's better"

New to Veeky Forums and people keep referencing this $250 used watch on eBay. What brands/models should I look for there?

>New to Veeky Forums and people keep referencing this $250 used watch on eBay. What brands/models should I look for there?

Seiko and Orient are top-tier.

I'd get an orient blue/black mako(or ray). Can't go fuckin wrong with it bro. EASILY looks 3x as expensive as it is .

Pic related is it. Tell me this watch doesn't look nice. How much do you think it costs?

Gorgeous piece. I'm going to assume retail value of over $1,000.

>Gorgeous piece. I'm going to assume retail value of over $1,000.

Under $200 USD, new.

You probably don't spend so much time around UHNWI, do you?
Pic somewhat related

>you guys have clearly never been around affluent intellectuals. they buy expensive as fk clothes and they look cheap as fuck. They dont fuckin back pack and stay in hostels they go skiing and stay in their rich friends holiday homes or nice lodges

That's biased though.

The reason you think people do that is because you see the ones who DO that and since they're rich and able to afford it you think rich people do it.

You don't see the normal guy with a regular haircut in a Polo shirt and Levi's wearing an unimpressive watch just walking around casually outside, because you don't assume he has a high networth.

I've had quite a few family friends who are very rich and they're just normal people, only difference is they can afford a lot of nicer things but appearance-wise they don't look all that much different from less rich friends, other than maybe they're much more chill because they have no stress in their lives from being so well off

And white.

If I see someone wearing a watch, I instantly dislike him. I have money and went to a very elitist school so, yes, I realize all snobby rich people wear them as a status symbol, but it's just fucking retarded. Watches have been completely absolute for years and don't even get me started on "smart" watches.

Stop stroking my dick.

Is this what pedalfags actually believe?

New wealth mostly.

One of my rich friends 62 y/o is 3rd generation of wealth, they're net worth is ~120M I'd guess.

He drives a 4 y/o Linlcoln and his wife drives a 2 year old Mercedes S-Class. The wife bought the S-Class from a friend who used it for 1.5 years and didn't like it, decided to switch to a Bentley.

The only thing that they have that's expensive is their house, cost about 8 million to build & maybe 1-2M in additions over the last 5-6 years.

Old money doesn't like to be flashy in public, is what I reckon. They'd rather spend their money on traveling/leisure and keep their wealth intact for future generations.

Only stupid one so far. There is literally no reason not to use no annual fee cards with anywhere between 2 and 10% cash back for every single purchase.

Pretty much this. Watches are retarded.

I think watches can really make an appearance. A suit without a watch looks unfinished imo.

Also a lot of people are into the micro-engineering and history of watches.

Rich people probably use credit cards more then anyone. Safer then letting someone find your actual bank accounts.

With a suit, sure. But people who just wear watches normally are compensating for something.

Exactly.

dont know what you class as UHNWI but my old boss owned around £300mil in property and land that just what i knew of

>Le compensating meme

When will this dumb meme die? Watches look nice and feel great to wear. knowing how much effort went into the movement of the watch on your wrist is also fascinating

I wear a dive watch because I scuba dive as a hobby. My watch is specifically a monstrous dive piece with timers for things like depressurization. I don't really even think about it. It's just part of the every day carry pile.

But yeah, watches are generally stupid.

Obsolete*

but anyways, have you not considered the aesthetic reasons for watches? In the 21st century, the timekeeping is only a secondary trait. People buy watches based on how they look (an to some extent what they represent). This is one of my favorite watches, because I thought the $90 it cost me was worth it. Basically, watches are a low form of art

rechargable batteries suck balls

Old money doesn't mind flashing money. It's just that old money understands when it's not worth being excessively flashy. They know what they have. They don't care what anyone has to say about it. They don't need to. Anyone who judges them is probably somebody they don't give a fuck about anyways.

New money doesn't understand this. They understand that being respected is important. They understand that quality is a commodity. Someone in a beat to hell shitbox car is going to be looked down upon, and a decent new car is respectable. To them, it's logical that a premium car is better.

What new money doesn't understand is that there's very hard diminishing returns, and that past a certain point, very few people will care. To them it's linear, not logarithmic. Old money sees past the immediate horizon, and decides that the benefit isn't worth the added effort and cost. New money assumes that it is worth the effort, because they haven't seen enough of the picture to realize that it's not.

>falling for the credit meme
cuck

i cant even tell which of these posts are trolls. i hate this board

>having shoes for 10 years
ok this is the best one. lol

>cuck

Do you have any explanation for why credit cards are bad without using /pol/ memes?

>not owning aesthetic soviet watches
your average Veeky Forumsentine doesn't know the first thing about aesthetics. Expensive watches are typically not worth anything close to the price.

>Being a commieshit

He's not really wrong though. Admittedly the prices are kind of low.

I have a pair of basic flat sandals that I bought for 200 bucks and I've had them for 17 years. Admittedly I only wear them for 4-5 months every year, and not every day then, but they are quite comfy, and made out of some stupid hard composite. Good work boots are waterproof up to ~6 inches and will last you 3-5 years of heavy use, are like walking on clouds, and set you back 4-500. I'm not a general contractor, and I still wear them when I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

If you just want basic shoes, you can't really go wrong with a pair of merrells, or some other decent brand, which is frequently in the 80-150 dollar range.

>>falling for the credit meme

>Not just running purchases through credit cards for ease of use and complimentary fraud protection.

>if I borrow $10 today to pay $10 tomorrow and I get $1 back, I am retarded

theyre not inherently bad. theres not really a reason to own one if youre affluent tho

Rich people aren't dumb enough sheep to borrow money for daily things and are not impressed by 2% off their grocery shopping in exchange for lack of peace of mind, idiot.

Its a layer of complication in a busy life, paying back money at the end of the month is fucking dumb. Its poorfag 'look at my rewards' shit.

>theyre not inherently bad. theres not really a reason to own one if youre affluent tho

Fraud protection?

Ease of use?

Cash back rewards?

Shows you don't really have any argument against them when you can only respond with one-word /pol/ memes

>Rich people aren't dumb enough sheep to borrow money for daily things

It's not borrowing anything when you pay it off at the end of the month.

>Its a layer of complication in a busy life, paying back money at the end of the month is fucking dumb

It's like 3 clicks, you can even set it to auto-pay if you want.

i guess building a good credit score and receiving a free vacation every two years purely from cashback is for retards

I just set up auto pay, I never think about it. I treat it like a debit card.

Enjoy missing out on free money

i know this is all trolling but whatever im bored
>Fraud protection?
Any debit card has that. And cash is always king
>Ease of use?
Easier than what? bitcoin? cash and debit are just as easy and cash is way easier in places without a POS present
>Cash back rewards?
those programs are always capped at like $1500 and dont apply to every purchase. If you were truly affluent the headache of having another bill/account to keep track of wouldnt be worth the novelty of a few cents back for your loaf of bread
>Shows you don't really have any argument against them when you can only respond with one-word /pol/ memes
i didnt use any memes just saying that affluent people arnt the ones buying into these cashback programs. thats poorfag bait

>actually thinks rolex watches are worth the cost

>those programs are always capped at like $1500 and dont apply to every purchase.

wrong

Credit cards are easier since you don't have to worry about how much money is in your checking account (which should always be empty honestly)

And are you seriously saying free money is a con just because it isn't very much? You seem like a poorfag

that's fucking hideous, you have shit taste

I have to say that watch is beautiful and I want it. but i still like the vintage digital feel of my seiko; plus it always reminds me to travel more

>Any debit card has that. And cash is always king

Debit cards charge your money, whereas Credit cards use the bank's. They're obviously more interested in restoring their money than yours, so they take much quicker.

>Easier than what? bitcoin? cash and debit are just as easy and cash is way easier in places without a POS present

POS's exist everywhere, I don't like carrying cash either.

>those programs are always capped at like $1500 and dont apply to every purchase. If you were truly affluent the headache of having another bill/account to keep track of wouldnt be worth the novelty of a few cents back for your loaf of bread

No one here is affluent, but 3% cashback on everything adds up. if you spend several thousand a month on your CC buying the same shit you usually do, that's $500+ a year you get for free.

$500 a year might not be that much but it's something. It adds up, and it's not like it's any harder to use a CC, so it's literally free money.

>i didnt use any memes just saying that affluent people arnt the ones buying into these cashback programs. thats poorfag bait

You responded with "cuck", nothing more

strawman, never said they were.

I never said credit cards were bad. Im saying youre a faggot sucking a credit card companies dick for a few free bucks. Do what you want Id much rather use my debit and never have to worry about late fees or limits or more account information that could be stolen. If im that desperate for a measly 50 extra bucks a month ill buy some kneepads
>youre checking should be empty
then where is you cc bill autopaying from?

>compensating for something
projecting much

>that's fucking hideous, you have shit taste

Oh come on, it's not that bad.

What don't you like about it?